It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How'd you get hooked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I was curious as to how other members got hooked to ATS.
My story: A couple of years ago i watched a program on telly that touched on the ever elusive Aurora spy plane.So i googled Aurora and one of the sites i came to was ATS.I got hooked reading the John Titor story and as much as i wanted to believe i just couldn't buy it.Anyway after being a lurker for a long time i decided to join.I remember reading somewhere that ATS membership wasn't going to be open to everyone indefinitely so i thought i had better join before the registration and selection process began haha.
(second time i had to write this forgot to put thread title and didn't save
:bnghd::cryb

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yep gotta love google.Thats what brought me here.I got hooked right away.It's not just the topics discussed either.I love the format of the site it's easy enough for me to navigate as I pretty much have the computer skills of a mailbox.I also love the people who post here.I can't even begin to discuss conspiracy topics with my family and I don't associate with my neighbours much so ATS is about as social as I get.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I was secretly searching the internet for any sort of work distraction and while Googling UFO stuff ATS popped up and I've been here ever since. I used to just sneak on it every once and while during the day, but as people actually responded to my posts I got hooked. It was such an escape from my boss and crazy co-workers that it was nice to just talk to normal people for a change. Yep I said it the ATS people are normal to me. my coworkers are strange.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I got led here also,thanks to Google.
Was looking up articles about 9/11,and I found a few that led here.
I stayed because I liked the different perspectives presented here by so many people.The sites set up nicely,but its the well spoken people that keep me returning.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
9/11
ufos.

and now?

BTS.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I was secretly searching the internet for any sort of work distraction and while Googling UFO stuff ATS popped up and I've been here ever since. I used to just sneak on it every once and while during the day, but as people actually responded to my posts I got hooked. It was such an escape from my boss and crazy co-workers that it was nice to just talk to normal people for a change. Yep I said it the ATS people are normal to me. my coworkers are strange.

YAY! We are all normal! Did you read that!Not used to hearing that.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was hooked to playing the game Deus Ex, and started wondering how much of the story was based on the writers' imagination and how much on established conspiracies. My searches for the Illuminati, Area 51, and the rest of the Deus Ex universe led me here.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was actually refered to this site by a friend of mine who is also on here. I am now COMPLETELY HOOKED. I certainly spend a lot of my free time here on ATS. Gotta balance the family life too though so I'm limited to early mornings and late nights

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
As embarrassing as it is to say it now, I found ATS trying to find out if the Aussie Bloke Hoax was real or not while it was going on. I ended up getting into a few threads that were on the topic of prophecy, and been hangin around here even since.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
back in the good old year of 2001 (or so) i found this website in some book/magazine of some sort. i went on, there only being some static information on A 51, the Aurora and so on. several years later i remembered "hey i remember that site"
went on, noticed there was a registration option. of cause i registered for the sake of it, but it was only really since late 2005 that i have being doing anything much.

new topics

top topics

join