It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab woman goes at it with Muslim Cleric! *Great Video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This Video really draws upon a lot of subject matter that goes unspoken in the open medias. Other than that, I absolutely think this woman is "SuperWoman."

I will hold some of my thoughts to see if people will watch first. It will definitely open the discussion.

I am not going anywhere, I will be back.

AAC

[edit on 18-6-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I had seen the video before, that looks like it was Al Jazeira I think. I give her the utmost props for laying her viewpoint down. I would love to see the whole interview, it looks like there had to be more discussion going on.

You can just see how uncomfortable the men are with a women speaking like that to them. Didn't hear much from the other side in the video, I'm sure there was more.

Memritv.org is a Jewish or Israeli organization is it not? Their translations for the most part of Arab/Iranian TV holds up pretty well. That website is a real eyeopener, to say the least.

What is the women's name?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Its such a shame that Jewish people and their supporters and organizations are going through such great pains to show the shortcomings of people that follow Islam. I wonder when they plan on making a point of showing their own shortcomings and faults that helped to fuel this bs in the middle east. Rather then throwing around the usual stuff about how great they are and what their scientists and inventors have done.(The usual propaganda statements)

Shes also wrong about Jewish people never blowing up things or being terrorists. There is plenty of history to show there has been.

She is right about many points on some of these Islamic extremists but I think MEMRI and groups like it are using things like this to hide their own criminality and backwardness.

Have a look at MEMRI or CAMERA sites and see if they ever portray Israel in any negative light or for that matter ever accept responsibility for any wrong doing or wrong thinking. there have been MANY Jewish leaders calling for the deaths of arabs, there have been many Jewish leaders referring to arabs as dogs, cockaroaches and other animals.

Like Benyamin Natanyahu once said regarding 9-11 "This is great for Israel" it gave them a chance to demonize Muslims for their own purposes freely and without criticism. You wonder why those 5 dancing mossad agents were happy as clams as the WTC went down?

I would say the world is pretty much familiar with the ways of extremist Islamic people and for the most part they have been recognized and even punished for it....now when do we recognize the other side and their wrongdoings and their part in all this is seen for what it is as well?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
^^^ I for one don't think she was siding with the Jews as much as she wanted to rub their noses in the acomplishments that another oppressed group estamblished. I for one called BS when she was saying no Israeli was ever known to blow up someone for their cause, but I tend to think she was more trying to insult and get under the skinof those clerics than really back the Israelis, but if I'm wrong, who cares.
I know how deceitful Israeli is.

Massad = War by Deception. Need I say any more?

AAC

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its such a shame that Jewish people and their supporters and organizations are going through such great pains to show the shortcomings of people that follow Islam. ......

I would say the world is pretty much familiar with the ways of extremist Islamic people and for the most part they have been recognized and even punished for it....?

You aren't saying the the broadcasts that are shown on Memritv.org aren't from genuine Arab/ Muslim/ Persian broadcasts are you? Because someone chooses to highlight those broadcasts still does not excuse the broadcasting of them in the first place. You seem to excuse the original broadcasters solely for the fact that a Jewish org caught them making such outrageous statements. Very flawed logic to me. Muslim supporters are welcome to create a website just like Memri, is there one?

I disagree that most of the world is familiar with Arab/Muslim/Iranian TV broadcasts to their indigenous populations. To label State run television programs as "extremist Islamic" is telling to me. Poke around the Memri site and you see what lies beneath the surface. If the broadcasts were not made in the first place this discussion would be moot. Criticize the Muslims for the broadcasts in the first place, not the Jews for showing it to the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You are missing the point. The idea that all these organizations and it seems like 100's of them and websites to match and exceed are designed to show how bad the muslims are, how bad the palestinians are. Its all a con job to only show one side of the picture as it was in the pre-80's

How often do we see in MEMRI TV showing us attrocities that were committed in the middle east committed by Israel? False acronyms. Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) , Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA), Campus Watch, Jihad Watch, Honest Reporting, Independent Media Review Analysis (IMRA), Little Green Footballs, Middle East Info (MEI), Palestine Facts (You would think this was a Palestinian site), Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), Jewish Virtual Library (JVL) this is the best one Society of Americans for National Existence (SANE) as though they are concerned with Americans more then Israel

There are lots more that I have seen.
All just extensions of Israels propaganda. Doesn't it make you think CON JOB ?? Why the need for so many organizations and groups all doing the same thing? Pointing out the bad in someone else. In some cases revising history to place Israel in a better light.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You are missing the point. The idea that all these organizations and it seems like 100's of them and websites to match and exceed are designed to show how bad the muslims are, how bad the palestinians are. Its all a con job to only show one side of the picture as it was in the pre-80's

You are the one missing the point. Without the original broadcasting from Arab and Iranian TV what does Memri have to show???????

They (Arab and Iranian media) are the one's creating the problem by broadcasting it in the first place, Memri are just showing it is out there.

I'll grant that it is one sided coverage, but it is coverage of actual Arab and Iranian TV broadcasts and Video's . Why don't the Arab and Iranian media not broadcast such drivel in the first place so webistes like Memri wouldn't have to exist.

C'mon Pieman, call the Arab and Iranian broadcasters out for putting out such hate filled material in the first place before you blame Memri for showing it to a wider audience. Can you do that?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
You are the one missing the point. Without the original broadcasting from Arab and Iranian TV what does Memri have to show???????

They (Arab and Iranian media) are the one's creating the problem by broadcasting it in the first place, Memri are just showing it is out there.

I'll grant that it is one sided coverage, but it is coverage of actual Arab and Iranian TV broadcasts and Video's . Why don't the Arab and Iranian media not broadcast such drivel in the first place so webistes like Memri wouldn't have to exist.

C'mon Pieman, call the Arab and Iranian broadcasters out for putting out such hate filled material in the first place before you blame Memri for showing it to a wider audience. Can you do that?

Memri doesnt have to show anything. Obviously if its being discussed openly on Arab TV its not as bad as they make it out to be. Has memri shown any open discussion of how Israelis speak about Palestinians? LOL Lets see the day they do that and they get my respect as being that of a "Middle East Media" reporting agency...until then they are just Israeli media watchdog propaganda site.

Funny I didnt see MEMRI showing that video of the drunken little settler kid cursing out the Peace Activists or the Settler woman calling the Palestinian woman a whore as she trespassed on the Palestinian womans property that looked more like a jail.

ive seen enough of how Israel operates playing one against the other to know that Israel is and has been on a big mission to demonize Muslim people in the USA and elsewhere. Its a shame its only working in the USA and other countries are waking up to the fact that it takes 2 to tango.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Good video. I think the lady made some good points. It is quite obvious to me that the Clerics really didn't know what to say in response to anything that she said. All they could reply was "heretic,heretic." That is such a typical response.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about this particular clip, rather the ones Memri has in its substantial archives. I guess you can't call the Arab and Iranian media out for their own behavior when it comes to some of their programing. You keep defending them though.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That was a great video! That woman basically called out everything that Muslims justify thier actions on, and nobody could call her out on it either. It is a good thing that she was conducting that interview over satellite, as if it were in person, wouldnt she have been charged with heresy and sentenced to death?

This woman is extremely brave, as this interview could be equated to having a catholic waltz up to some high ranking church official like a cardinal, and tell him that all of the churches views and stances are outdated and need to be reflective of new views and a modern society.

The Arabic community needs more outspoken critics such as this woman to help the them recognize that the actions they take are archaic and need to be formulated based upon the society of today.

As other posters have said, it was obvious that the cleric had no chance of rebuttal, as all he could retotrt with is questioning if she was a heretic or not.

Great post!

[edit on 6/19/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about this particular clip, rather the ones Memri has in its substantial archives. I guess you can't call the Arab and Iranian media out for their own behavior when it comes to some of their programing. You keep defending them though.

Why would I want to call out Arab media when I can turn on my own television and see people like Rev Phelps on TV or any one of these other preachers talking about Gays , and Muslims and about shooting abortionists as well as attempting to force prayer into schools? Why should I worry about The Muslims in other countries and what they are preaching when we have our own crap to clean up and Israel has its own crap to clean up?

If you are still under the impression that Jewish people in Israel and even here in the USA spread words of love around in regards to palestinians or arabs in general you are sorely mistaken. I suggest you go to Jpost, Haaretz or any of the Israeli media sites and read the comments. Dogs, animals, pigs , donkeys cockaroaches are just some of the words of love spread around. Just because they are smart enough to not broadcast it doesn't mean that its not being said or done. If MEMRI was an unbiased source for the Middle East lets see them report such things...if not then don't go acting like they are doing the world a great favor by showing us this one-sided bullcrap. If Al-jazeera was so bad they would never even allow that woman a chance to speak, and shes always used as a propaganda tool by Israelis and Pro-israeli supporters.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Why would I want to call out Arab media when I can turn on my own television and see people like Rev Phelps on TV or any one of these other preachers talking about Gays , and Muslims and about shooting abortionists as well as attempting to force prayer into schools? Why should I worry about The Muslims in other countries and what they are preaching when we have our own crap to clean up and Israel has its own crap to clean up?

Is the Rev. Phelps a Government official? Many of the Clips on Memri are videotapes of Muslim Government leaders spouting the Hate, hence the reason for concern. Rev. Phelps and his ilk are not representatives of or supported by our government. Especially since acceptance of "it's ok to hate others" that is evident in some of the clips filters down to their intended audience.

Before you start comparing Western and Islamic Media think about this; What would have an Arab media outlet done with the whole Don Imus thing.

That you can't condemn all parties that spout hatred speaks volumes about your own belief system. I've never said that the West or Israel are angels. Show me incidences of Western or Israeli Government officials displaying the same hateful verbage as some of Memri's clips do and I will be happy to condemn them as well. But for pete's sake you have to admit that a fair portion of Islamic media portrays non Muslims in a very negative light to say the least.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why should I worry about The Muslims in other countries and what they are preaching when we have our own crap to clean up and Israel has its own crap to clean up?

Well, it's always helpful to be alive to be able to "clean it up." You know?

[edit on 19-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Is the Rev. Phelps a Government official? Many of the Clips on Memri are videotapes of Muslim Government leaders spouting the Hate, hence the reason for concern. Rev. Phelps and his ilk are not representatives of or supported by our government.

So is that woman and that Imam representatives of Arab governments?

Before you start comparing Western and Islamic Media think about this; What would have an Arab media outlet done with the whole Don Imus thing.

Well kind of hard to compare since they don't have a black/white issue and most of those countries don't have Jewish people living there so what kind of situtation are you talking about that could compare with the Imus issue?

That you can't condemn all parties that spout hatred speaks volumes about your own belief system. I've never said that the West or Israel are angels. Show me incidences of Western or Israeli Government officials displaying the same hateful verbage as some of Memri's clips do and I will be happy to condemn them as well. But for pete's sake you have to admit that a fair portion of Islamic media portrays non Muslims in a very negative light to say the least.

Are you going to hold it against them for speaking negatively? They complain to the UN about issues that concern the middle east and they have gone unanswered , so of course they will speak negatively about us. We are covering up for these things that you say that you are aware of but yet nothing is done about it. Do you think that if we were being fair as far as Israel/Palestine/ Syria/Lebanon/Iraq/Iran goes that they would have a reason to talk badly about us?

If you know that Israel has done bad things then why is it that they go without recognition? Why do they get vetoed? If you are aware that its both sides then why is it only Palestine being boycotted? Why is it only Iran being sanctioned? Why has it only been Syria being isolated? Shouldn't they all be sanctioned/isolated/boycotted? Is every single complaint raised by Arab/Islamic countries attributible to anti-semetism or are any of the complaints valid? If Israel is doing evil things and we back/support them 100% then of course they will say we are just as evil.

If I do evil things and my parents condone it and support it, they are just as evil as I am. If my parents at least try to correct me then they are doing the right thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

So is that woman and that Imam representatives of Arab governments?

Again numerous other videos on Memri are of Representatives of Arab governments. Will you condemn those statements by those government officials?

Well kind of hard to compare since they don't have a black/white issue and most of those countries don't have Jewish people living there so what kind of situation are you talking about that could compare with the Imus issue?

Are you saying that Arab Muslims don't have racial prejudices / sterotypes? Just substitute Jews for the lady basketball team and throw in some primate references and tell me the outrage you would be hearing from the Muslim media. I know you are not that naive.

If I do evil things and my parents condone it and support it, they are just as evil as I am. If my parents at least try to correct me then they are doing the right thing.

If you teach your children that it is alright to to kill another kid since they are subhuman and they drink the blood of other kids like you and it is your duty to God to kill the other kid, what does that make you as a parent? What do you say to a society that condones that kind of education to their children?

Your lack of blame for the Arab and Iranian Media and Governments when it comes to down right despicable things they sometimes broadcast and say, numbs me. If you must solely criticize only Israel and the West, then you do so. I mean, it's Israel's fault that Arab and Iranian media HAS to portray them the way they do. You have a good day.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you teach your children that it is alright to to kill another kid since they are subhuman and they drink the blood of other kids like you and it is your duty to God to kill the other kid, what does that make you as a parent? What do you say to a society that condones that kind of education to their children?

Like I said..Israelis although they are pariahs themselves feeding off the US treasuries make me laugh when they have the nerve to call Palestinians "Beggars" because they ask for aide which totals in 10's of millions compared to the billions that Israel recieves per year. The drinking blood stuff is so played out, what about all the OTHER things that were denied like land that was purchased by The Zionists that was intended never to be resold back to arabs or ever to have Arabs labor on them ever again? Was that a myth too? LOL How long was that denied for. Then people wonder why when they talk about the Protocals of Zion being believed by arabs. If something like that was conceived and carried out, what else is possible? Everything thats brought up by arabs is always passed off as being mythical...just like the use of those bombs that were sizzling people to a crisp in Lebanon last year. Denied and then admitted to later. With so many lies do you expect people to not take advantage of such a situation and make things up?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My favorite part is the end when that douche is flipping through his papers looking..hoping that some sort of answer is going out at him to justify all the bombings and killings. Its not in there buddy

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Say what you will, but the lady did have a point about the Buddhists and the mosques...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I found it refreshing that an Arab would finally stand up and admit that islam DOES seek to take people backwards, to the middle ages, instead of towards civilization.

There is no future in terrorism, only more death and destruction will follow from such acts, and from trying to convert by the sword.

Of course, I realize that Israel is by no means wholly without blame.

But I know who's system I'd rather be living under.....Jewish democracy....or Sharia law...

new topics

top topics

join