It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon prophecy is real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I am saying this because this is implanted in many religions, not just Judeo-Christian one. For example, Al Mahdi in Islam, Maitreya in Buddhism, Krishnamurti in Hinduism and others.

Well yes and no.
The Qur'an was heavily influenced by Judeo-christian religions which is why it has many of the same people and stories in it's texts, so they have Al mahdi in their religion which is supposed to tag along with jesus in the "end times". There is also a term called Judeo-Musslim
Maitreya is not in anyway connected to the "anti-christ" or "end times", that is something christians made up to villify another religion (kind like how the devil is depicted holding Poseidon's trident). The only thing Maitreya has in common with the others is that he is a second comming. But in Maitreya's case for the prophecy to come true Buddhisim has to fade away.
In hinduism they believe that shiva will at the end, destroy and regenerate the world.
Im not sure where you get your info to support your theories but i would read up a little more. I do believe the "end-time" prophecies to be somewhat BS i think you go about debunking it the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
be kind to others

soul II soul

The consistency of Armageddon or end earth or human life on earth scenario in religion, follow the pattern that there may be an earthquake or land movement related event.

HAARP is government program. It is a weapon that can be used to cause earthquakes.

from

[A GOOD SOURCE]
The earthquake in Haiti, and some other earthquakes around the world are a result of HAARP. The presence of Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) is consistent with eye witness accounts and the explanation of the capabilities of the HAARP program from one of the directors of the program
[A GOOD SOURCE]

The people will do the right thing. The people will require an audit of the federal government and all subsequent programs and activities.
The people will do the right thing.

We the people;
We the people, stand together on earth,
interwoven unity since before birth,
We the people, think together on earth
interwoven thinking is our worth,
We the people;

For the People, Of the People, By the People, For the People
For Nature, Of Nature, By Nature, For Nature
For Love, Of Love, By Love, For Love

People Nature Love
Love Nature People

be kind to others

Grand Pumbah

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sb2012

Its called a self-fulfilling prophecy and it is very common, many prophecies have come true because people have deliberately tried to make them true. Usually people believe the prophecies really do come true even if they've been artificially fulfilled...

I myself don't believe prophecy works at all or that any "higher powers" are at work.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

If you do not believe something is possible, then it cannot be possible. If you do not believe in religion, why are you on this thread? No offense I am just curious... and have you read the Bible? Curious has anyone other person read the Bible?

I have a story that is relevant.

As a kid I was learning new things and experiences. I had gone to church a couple of times and learned the general ideas of it. I did not agree with everything but I was willing to go along with it because everyone else was doing it; join the band wagon (JAFL).

I was invited to a kids birthday party, his name was John. It was an interesting party, but I thought some of the kids were not being nice to John; the kids were being mean to John. I felt bad, I did not want John to cry.

I tried to think of the best compliment I could give " John" because I did not like to see him cry as a kid. I tried to make a joke and give a compliment to break the ice.

"Hey, John that arms looks pretty good but I think I will get some with some frosting on it; I am going to get some cake." They made me leave the birthday party and I got upset. People told me that it was not appropriate to say things like that about ANY PERSON EVER and we would NEVER EVER do something like that.

I got really confused. When people celebrate my birthday, the people line up in a church and pretend to eat me. They told me it is because they like me.

I thought that the cake was like the body; body is made out of bread or cake.

What is the difference between my Birthday and John's Birthday?

be kind to others

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

So --- you believe in a God that will fashion mankind so that he contains all the animal instincts of greed, violence, stupidity, self-interest

after which that same God allegedly stated barefaced that mankind is made in his own image

and to prove this, the same god allegedly 'dictates' a 'holy book' which demonstrates conclusively that the god is himself violent, ego-ridden, vengeful and cruel (not to mention bi-polar)

Then the god leaves these creatures (mankind) with all the foibles they clearly inherited from him

alone on a planet

which is infested with 'demons' and lesser-gods with whom the god is engaged in a never-ending gang-war

and then to top it off --- the god determines to further curse mankind by putting in place (like a ticking time-bomb) a world-end scenario which will further cause unimaginable suffering to these creatures he's supposed to 'love'

What's this place called again ? Is it spelled Hell ?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Tell me again, I do not think I understand. What do you believe in ?
Please explain why you believe this?

My question for you is:

What is string theory?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
lol mankind isn't capable of pulling off 98% of the prophecies listed in the Bible -

Obviously you haven't read the Bible or you wouldn't have stuck thy foot in thy mouth like that.

And yes, there will be an Armageddon - and the way things are looking, *you* just might be around to be a part of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

God loves us all - just as a father loves all of his children.

God hates evil - and makes it clear in the Bible that the evil
will receive their just punishment - just as a father doles out
punishment to his children.

Why does everyone expect God to be some sort of genie in a
bottle - who only does good things and never punishes anyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You're gonna get alot of varied and diverse opines on this one but Truth be known
the facts are Yes it's verifiability real, and though your knowledge of the Biblical sources
is obviously narrow the stated OP is mostly / almost (terms common) correct!

It is a Nuclear GOD that both made and kept / keeps the appointments of an agreement
established with Abraham (Hebrews) and Moses (Israel) and David (Judah) which He was
placing His name there, where it began and begins and shall begin again.

Makes you glad to know Him!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So, if I understand your argument, All prophecy is self fulfilling because all peoples have been exposed to the same/similar prophecies.
Therefore, the Chinese have an active and reserve army of 200,000,000 men because John mentioned it in Revelation. And Lybia and Egypt are still here as active countries because Ezekiel said they would be.
Oh, and Israel was revived as a country because it was prophesied, that is why Hitler attacked them and tried to destroy them as a people. That's also why the British resettled the Jews in Palestine... to fulfill self fulfilling prophecy.

And Europe reformed as a unified political entity...aka..the Roman Empire, because of prophecy.
The Euphrates River was prophecied to go dry near the end...so the Turks built a dam to do as much.

Wow, what coordinated effort to fulfill prophecy. Oh, and Turkey( Gomer) has started to lean back to the Arab States and away from the west and NATO, and has subsequently initiated diplomatic ties to Iran, Syria, and the little -akistan nations. These same nations recently formed an alliance with Russia in the CSTO...Collective Security Treaty Organization. Oddly enough, these are the same nations prophesied by Ezekiel to join against Israel and attempt an invasion. That self fulfilling prophesy again... darn it.

Oh, and let's not forget the Earth... it's doing its best to fulfill prophesy with all these nasty earthquakes in diverse places. Yup, all co-ordinated by design.

Oh, don't forget how the churches are falling away from the true Word of God...the Apostacy its called. All by design and self fulfilling.

I could go on, but why? Your case is intact...every prophecy is happening in the most literal form, right down to signs and wonders in the heavens...aka Norway Spiral, Blue Cross comet in space, climate change, all self fulfilling.... congratulations.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What if I told you guys there was a way out?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
it is my personal belief that the God of the Christians was the original story and the rest are copycats creating a counterfit God and Religion. What it really is, is propoganda, this is warfare and Satan is filling the earth with false religions to hide the truth. The Anti Christ will yeild himself to satan and satan will possess his body. Up until now the Anti Christ most likely is only oppressed until the time of possession, manipulated into the position satan wants him to be in at the moment.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

I agree with your views - but this last generation, they are being raised being told they have a choice of "gods" and a choice of "bibles" - which sure, they can choose, but everything but the one true God, and the one true Bible, are false and tools of satan via mankind.

I think the ones of us who were born in 1965 and earlier are going to turn out to be the last "old school" generation. No offense to this last generation but yall are being deceived big time when it comes to God and the Bible.

I hate to see that happening - but that just lets us know that prophecy is clicking off as God intended.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Another major prophecy is the churches - they are "teaching" (not "preaching) that all ya gotta do is believe - and you'll go to Heaven.

No mention of repenting, or turning from your sin(s) or having the Holy Ghost come into your heart -

Just keep on feeling good and plopping down your money for the "speaker"s latest book and cd - and evahhhhthing will be alright.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I prefer to keep my eyes open and not let any so-called "Prophet" or "Messiah" or "God" lead me around by the nose. If it turns out that the whole biblical end-times nonsense is true, I'd rather be on the side of the demons anyway, rather than being forced to endure an eternity of all the self-righteous knowitalls who knuckled under and became sheep for their fascist master.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join