It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you go to hell if you are gay?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
So gay men are treated like evil sinners by most and a hot lesbian couple are treated like goddesses? What is going on here?

i dont think anyone in this thread said lesbians were any different, did i miss that post? if so, please point me to it, otherwise, its an irrelevant point to this discussion that some guys are turned on by lesbians. girls are turned on by gays from what i hear, what difference does that make in the end? i dont see a double standard if it works both ways.
personally i dont see the difference here.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
well if someone treats you like you are evil then it is like you are in hell, hell on earth; and if you are treated like a god/dess then heaven on earth for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
three posts in a row. sorry but i didnt want one or two really long ones that people would probably end up overlooking.

being gay is a sin.
swearing is a sin.
theres lots of sins out there.
jesus doesnt ask for you to be perfect, to be perfect is impossible for all of us. all he asks is that you live your life to the best of your ability. follow his 11 rules. and when you make a mistake, ask him to forgive you. were only human afterall. point of the matter being, gays know that its considered a sin. and if you are christian and gay, and dont ask forgiveness and try to change, then yes you go to hell. but if you arent christian, then its all moot anyway. if you dont believe in that #, then why are you even going to worry about it? why even post in this thread?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This hell you talk about, have you ever been there?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not. A. Sin.

PERIOD.

You will NOT go to hell. End of story.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
garon who the hell are you to say that? no one here has said definitly yes or no, so where do you get your proof? oh wait, youre just being a prick. i get it now

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
of course there is no evidence. but since you are cursing up a storm in your posts Im sure you'll be joining me in hell. Have you had sex out of wedlock? Had impure thoughts? Flogged your Dolphin? Eaten shellfish? Go to church every week? Give 10% of everything you own? Gone to confession?

I'll see you in hell right next to me then Bud.

Stop judging people. Let someone love who they want to love. It doesn't hurt you! It has absolutely no baring on your life whatsoever.

Get over it.

Gay people aren't going anywhere. Whether any one on this board thinks they are going to hell or not is irrelevant.

It is my belief that gay people will not go to hell and are not committing any sin. Therefore, that is a fact to me. That's all the evidence I need.

so says the prick.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
rofl, i have to commend your come-back on that one, its by far one of the best ive seen thusfar on the boards, short of masked and gazrok. again though, i propose the idea that gay tendancies hurt society as a whole. its still quite the minority however, and no one is going to see any kind of impact from it in the near future, maybe not even our lifetimes. but can you honestly say a gay union is productive in any manner? i cant.

but as i said above, no one is perfect, and all christ wants is you to accept him as your saviour, your only chance, etc. it may seem like im a devout christian of sorts, but i honestly cant say i believe the scripture. i just at the same time cant stand back and allow the bible bashing majority here to go unchallenged as well as promote false ideas about the scripture. just getting my position straight there.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment

Gay union productive in what way? Productive for us becoming a more accepting society? Than yes. I don't see how it hurts anything. I don't see how two men or two women in love, dedicating their lives to each other, can lead to anything negative. How can that lead to hell? Whether you believe in God or the bible or not...How can two people who are happy and in love be grounds for eternal damnation?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Originally posted by Ocelot

NO.

What's up with this question anyways? Do we even know for sure if heaven and hell exists? Oh that's right they do because it says so in the bible

jesus god. all were asking is that for the sake of debate you drop that one line and assume heaven and hell exist for the sake of debate. theres not argument if you ruin it for everyone and turn this into a heaven/hell existance debate make another thread if you want that

People need to cut it out with this bull#. Lets assume for a second that there is such a thing as "heaven" and "hell". What makes you think that gay people are right up there on the list to go to hell anyways? I have a couple of groups that certainly deserve to go to hell way before gay people should even be considered:

1) Lying dirty sack of # politicians (ie. The current administration)
agreed
2) People who sell drugs
this is bull#, just because drugs are against the laws of MAN suddenly becomes a reason for these people to go to hell? sorry, no dice. its the conscious decision of the user to use, not the seller foring the user to use. classic liberal argument, attack the wrong part of the problem with huge vigour to grasp at a soloution that is in itself inherently flawed. if people want to use, let them. its their body, im not hurting anyone but me if i decide to use drugs.
3) Murderers
4) Rapists
5) Child molesters
i also agree with 3 4 and 5
6) People who do stupid # like bungee jumping, rock climbing, skydiving. If you feel like your life is so empty and devoid of meaning that you feel like you have to cheat death in order to feel alive then I got something you could do, take this gun and blow your #ing brains out!
you sound like one dull mother#er. who are you to decide what people should be able to do with their lives, as long as they arent hurting anyone else in the process. hey dude, guess what, theres this new fad. its called OUTSIDE. try it once in a while, your life might get less boring

Man are you that #ing stupid that you can't see that the above was an attempt at humor? I could care less if people want to jump out of a #ing plane.

7) People who think the Matrix Trilogy "was like the most awesome trilogy ever"

Again Another joke.

8) Guys in this country that have been so pussified by women that they can't even find their balls anymore even if they looked.
9) People who believe in censorship. I got one thing to say to you people.... "Go shoot yourselves out of a cannon into a brick wall"!!
10) People who asks questions like "Are gay people going to hell?"

jesus, you have loads of double standards here. i also realise that my argument on the surface appears flawed, that gays arent hurting anyone by being gay. no, directly they are not. but im sure it isnt helping natures plan when two men screw and no child is born of it. thats not the way we are MADE to work, then why is it so right? its hurting SOCIETY in the end. a union of a natural couple is productive. a gay union cannot be productive to society, the human gene pool, etc. bottom line.

The Human Gene Pool. You have got to be kidding me. So your idea of being a productive member of society is to get married and have kids? You really do suck.

I could go on but what's the point. If there is such a thing as "hell" then you will only go there if you're a bad person. Simple as that. I know gay people that are some of the funniest and nicest people you could ever meet. So what if they like people of the same sex. They are not hurting anyone. again, society as a whole suffers. I don't give a # who you like to have sex with. Why should it even be an issue when you die and you go to heaven or hell. My guess it that it doesn't even get mentioned.

Anyways enough of my rambling. Im out.

O

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
O.k. my answer before I lock the topic (just kidding)...

It's up to you where you go after you die. God doesn't decide, the decision is made based on your beliefs and expectations. Should you decide to change those after you've died, you go elsewhere.

There are (alive) people who make it a hobby to "save" the dead during their astral projections. All they do is make the dead ones realize that the heaven or hell that they're in is false, so that they can continue their development and experiences.

That's it. Nothing else more to see.

If there is a God and an afterlife that is exactly how I percieve it to be too. We should all try to make the best of things according to the talents and attributes we're given. That's all God expects from us. Heaven and Hell are states of mind, progression is the one fact. Dogma is just the dim shadows cast by a faraway light.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Forsaken I can't really buy this idea that only the reproductive in society are the only ones with any short or long term value. Where does that leave infertile people, menopausal women, priests, nuns etc.

There will always be plenty of humans more than happy to add their bit to the gene pool and their will always be a percentage that prefer their own sex, the gay impulse isn't spread into the rest of society like contagion, you are or your not period. We still have plenty of other things to contribute towards our communities.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sin will not automatically bring you to hell. You don't go to Hell for what you are. You go to Hell for what you have done and what you haven't done. And what we humans call sin, God may call a good deed, for we don't know the mind of God an his sense of rightiousness. Everything can be forgiven, except sin against the Holy Spirit. For that is logically impossible even for God.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Confession is the open admission of known sins before God and man.
It means literally "to agree with" God concerning our sins.
St. James the Apostle admonishes us to confess our sins to God before the elders, or priests, as they are called today (James 5:16).
We are also exhorted to confess our sins directly to God (I John 1:9).
The Orthodox Church has always followed the New Testament practices of confession before a priest as well as private confession to the Lord.
Confession is one of the most significant means of repenting, and receiving assurance that even our worst sins are truly forgiven.
It is also one of our most powerful aids to forsaking and overcoming those sins.

mx.geocities.com...

If one repents of their sin no matter what they have done(Apart from blasheming the Holy Spirit which means ..
www.rocor.org.au...

For those that do commit sin and do not feel that they have sinned because of whatever reason they themselves see it as, then there is no forgiveness because if one cannot see a sin for what it is, and do as one pleases ,then one cannot be forgiven of that sin....
Yes, we are all guilty of sin..and God knows that!
All that needs to be done is to ask for forgiveness and each time we FALL we must continue to get up again.....no matter how many times a sin is commited.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I would not think so but one thing for sure if you do I'm sure they will see Bush and Cheney down there for a lot of worse reasons than being gay.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Makes me think of something.....

(6 yr old girl asking mom) "Mommy will people who are gay go to hell?"
(Mommy answers) "No sweetie, of course not. Only if they are Republican"

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok as MOST people know that if you are gay you go to hell.

It says it clearly in Romans 1:26-28.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones(dildos)
27 In the same way the man also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lusts for one another.(gays) Man committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.(hiv/aids)
28 Furthermore, since the did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowlrdge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not be done.

This says it clearly for you few who still dont understand.

Out,
Russian

Sorry if i cross posted it.

But it is the truth and you will go to hell if you are gay.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

But it is the truth and you will go to hell if you are gay.

and if you eat shellfish...
and if you have sex with a woman on her rag...
and if you have tattoos....
and if you have piercings....
and if you fart in a miltary camp unless you kill a bird, bathe in its blood and stay away from the camp for a day (phew thats easy!)
have impure thoughts about anything
Like to eat
and if you flog your bishop
and if you like to give or receive oral sex.
like to relax
do any type of work on a sunday
have sex without being married
think that girl across the street is hot
think about nailing that girl across the street
saying "oh god or jesus christ or god damn thats a sweet AZZ"

See my point?

excuse the language but I had a point. You can poin tout the 2 or 3 verses that insinuate gays going to hell. But there are HUNDREDS of verses banishing you to hell for being straight. And if anyone actually believes the word "homosexual" exicsted and was spoken by jesus or paul or whoever you're IGNORANT. That's my favorite word since so many people are just that.

IGNORANT

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by Garon]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You go to hell for any sin you comit, if you dont ask for forgivness.

This thread was talking about gays so thats why I answered that way.

Out,
Russian

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join