It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you go to hell if you are gay?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could it something thats hormonal?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentlopez
Yeah, but genes come from parents and family, not from you yourself. Am I right or wrong?

Yes..that is what i am saying, they are from parents and family. Those genes were not dominant for them but they are with you. It's a natural selection of genes, it's called "cross selection" of something like that. I learned that in high school

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Jazz]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
As best as I can remember, the Bible doesn't say anything about homosexuality as we know it being immoral. It says something along the lines of, "Do not lie with a man as you would lie with a woman. That is detestable." This isn't a problem, since lying with a man as one would lie with a woman is physically and anatomically impossible, as men do not have the female reproductive organs, so where is the controversy? It's like the Bible says, "Do not kill by stabbing somebody with a rifle", and these Bible-thumpers use that statement if you shoot someone with a rifle. Stab and shoot are two different things here...

Okay, bad analogy... but you should see my point...

Wow, that reallly makes sense I guess. Lets figure though. So in other words, you are saying it is okay to be gay, but not okay for a sex change? And with a sex change you are no longer that sex....( Wow, I now confused myself, hahaha)

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am currently in Middle School as an 8th Grader, but to my knowledge, I don't understand what you mean by talking about crosshairs. In other word, you are saying that when a woman gives birth, some new genes convert into the old genes and form a cross convert?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I am currently in Middle School as an 8th Grader, but to my knowledge, I don't understand what you mean by talking about crosshairs. In other word, you are saying that when a woman gives birth, some new genes convert into the old genes and form a cross convert?

Your genes are passed down through your family. Some genes skip a generation, some genes skip 100 generations. I dont know what you are trying to say here but...maybe what i added clears something up.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think they've pretty much proved that you're born gay. I'd find an article, but I don't feel like it. Saw it on BBC.com or yahoo I think.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am not saying that it's alright to be gay, I'm also saying that alright to be straight. I'm just saying that thing are as they are. I'm straight and I'm comfortable with that. AND I'm not intimidated by gay people (exept lesbians, because they're now competition).

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, genes are what made you. From your personality to your appearance. When the sperm of the male and the egg of the female meet, they "combined" all genes from your dad and mom, and you can't take all of the gene, so something mysterious will choose which genes to use to define the child...it's something complicated i can't explain. i'll try to get a copy of one of these things and post in on

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So, as you were all saying all along, God can not punish you for something that you have not done. SO, he will accept you in open arms?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yep, thats about the sum of it! and who is to say it's wrong anyway, it ok between the two people who are having the relationship.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So, as you were all saying all along, God can not punish you for something that you have not done. SO, he will accept you in open arms?

YES! God is(are) supposed to accept you no matter what according to the Bible. But i don't see the point of hell and judgement day. That's like to two opposite things. Yes God love(s) you but you've been bad, so you'll go to hell. It doesn't make sense

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Check out Genesis. Actually God did slap gays if you believe in Sodom and Ghomorrah.(sorry for the spelling).

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Alright, but how would you know that the Catholic religion will not react harshly? Was there any cases which were like that?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Check out Genesis. Actually God did slap gays if you believe in Sodom and Ghomorrah.(sorry for the spelling).

Okay, now, what is this I read in the other friggen gay thread about "Sodom and Ghomorrah," what is that? And God slapped gays? (lol)

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
www.suntimes.com...

Check it out. It sheds some light on the subject

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.anunseenworld.com...

Oh and here's the website for Sodom and Gomorrah subject

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm not Catholic, I'm not Protestant, I just read. A lot. Who said THE Church is right. Maybe the Church of the Sacred Pikachu is right
. We will never know until the afterlife, if there is one. Personally the Church of Rome has not proven itself to me & they've been around for over 2000 yrs.. I'm beginning to think that the only religion that matters is the one that raises your kids right, pays thier taxes, helps the old lady across the road & has an exelent Superbowl party.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Don't believe in God for she/he may be the Devil in disguise"

Doesn' that sound interesting?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Personally I believe in my judgement & that includes a god.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
God is not the devil, but I did read that christians are Sodom and Ghomorrah, but are catholics? It says that homosexuality is pursued by death, but masturbation and other things towards this subject is not ilegal in the bible of any religion. hahahahah

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join