It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot 'Minister' Performs Wedding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Tiro the robot will assist at the civil wedding ceremony for engineer Seok Gyeong-Jae and his bride in South Korea today. It is believed that this is the first time that a robot has acted as master of ceremonies for a wedding.

In South Korea, a couple can hold a wedding ceremony in any location, but must register it with authorities before it becomes legal. Since Tiro the robot has no religious authority, Tiro is being referred to as a master of ceremonies.

When the ceremony is completed, Tiro will receive upgrades to allow its use in other circumstances, according to Hanool Robotics official Kim Dae-Hyun.
If a robot can act as a master of ceremonies at a wedding, why shouldn't it also be able to perform other duties performed by human ministers?

"I think having a robot minister is a great idea," said Bill Ingraham, pastor at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Ann Arbor, MI. "In some cases, it might be an improvement."

SOURCE:
TechNovelgy.com

Well, I have to say, I honestly never thought I'd hear about a Robot performing weddings.

It will be interesting to see what the religious community, especially the Conservatives
will say about this.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Only the asians.......

Well, if they want to be married by a robot, that's fine by me! It's not like the robot is the one being married.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hmmm, let me see. A robot only says and performs the actions it has been pre-programmed to do and is not capable of any free thought or action based outside of those parameters.

So what’s the difference between a robot and a Priest?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If only they would make a robot bride. ::crosses fingers::

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
If only they would make a robot bride. ::crosses fingers::

YEah man im crossing my fingers too...

Those Human brides are Waaaaay tooo naggy and fussy and costly. all i have to say to them is.... Get over yourself! Bah to you!

top topics

join