It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush Administration killing freedom of speech?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
We should be allowed peaceful protests without being beaten down by Gestapo body armored "jack booted" Police.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
As if that is a new thing. Remember the couple who was locked up by secret service under direction of Clinton because the woman hollered "You suck!" at Clinton while on a city street? Didn't hear much complaining then. I guess it all depends on what side the disgruntled citizen is, huh?

If Gore was in office istead of Bush, you would be ranting and raving about free speech. Am I wrong? We have no problem excusing those from our own parties, but the "enemy" is always wrong. Bush is a disgrace to the presidency, and I voted for him! The Bush bubble keeps him blissfully unaware of public opinion.

No, I do not think I'd have to rant about this as I don't think Gore would be setting up free speech zones.
However, their were a billion other reason I could not vote for Gore.

For the record, unless there is a good reaon, and unless there is more to the story not told, I am certainly not in favor of such doing. How can you tell the King he has no clothes if he cannot see or hear you?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No gurantee for whom the baton tolls for....it tolls for you.

Notice the encircled protesters. Notice the horse charge anyway.

They Choked a 65 yr old. Senior Citizen with a nightstick, who was peacefully standing behind a barrier

And they sprayed mace point blank into a newborn baby's face while being held in his fathers arms...the family wasn't even near the area of issue.
images.indymedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Quotes:
"We asked the oficer closest to us how we should exit the intersection. He pointed and said to exit to the NE, into the spraying police opposite him. as the crowd pressed toward us I yelled to him to let us through (south on 2nd) because we had three small children. He looked at me, and drew out his can from his hip and sprayed directly at me. I was at an angle to him and the spray hit my right eye and our three year-old who I was holding in my right arm. In the same motion he turned the can on my wife who was holding our 10 month old baby and doused both of their heads entirely from a distance of less than 3 feet. my six year old daughter was holding my left hand and was not hit directly. We ended up on the sidewalk a few feet down alder with fellow protesters holding my screaming children and and pouring water on our eyes. "

"We did not know that The Great Dictator Bush was in town. So big surprise when we walk casually into a riot. I got bashed on the head with a club and sprayed with so much pepper sheeit that I still smell it.

One of my buddies (66 years old) nearly lost an eye. Half his face is swollen up like a basketball from a reaction to the spray, and then the cop#head smashed him with a club and splits his face open like a ripe melon. He is pissed to say the least.

I saw infants and small children being sprayed point blank in the face by police enforcers. Also there were a lot, and I mean, maybe 40 or more, plainclothes feds beating and spraying the crowds around the hotel as we were forced back toward the hilton. ALL my buddies and their wives are from Iowa. ALL of them voted for dictator Bush. Now the consensus is that, as one of them said, " I would not let that scum eat my sh*t."

I think that dictator Bush has some real problems coming when these boys get back home. Two are county party chiefs....Republicans of course. "

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I just hope to God that this b@st@rd doesn't get re-elected! This sh!t has got to stop

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I go to another board and talked about this and most of what I got back was that I was giving links to websites that hate Bush and that the links were two years old. People who are republicans just refuse to see this as happening they also say that the protesters had to have been doing something besides peacefully holding a sign. Here is the a.c.l.u. link to some of the court cases on this issue.
www.aclu.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I say this being of no inclination to vote for a candidate of either the Republican or Democratic party unless said candidate is a chimpanzee, I trust them more than either parties nomination anyways. It wouldn't matter what political party started these insults to the public, it would still be wrong.

I have been to a sh�tload of protests, and aligned myself with a group of people that I had protested with before and I could verify were perfectly capable of protesting peacefully. At about a half dozen of these protests, we were approached and attacked by people in uniform and people in street clothes. One protest I was at, I was arrested for not being in the free speech zone. At another protest, I got knocked in the head with a nightstick and kicked by at least 4 pairs of cop boots. At another one, me and a few other people in the front were maced out of our minds. One of my close friends got hit with the trumped up "assaulting an Officer" charge for stepping on a cop's foot.

No one got violent at these protests, the most violent things my group did was say "excuse me" as we made our way to more visible areas. I can understand getting beat senseless if we lashed out violently, but we were standing there holding signs. I guess the free speech zone just makes it easier to beat protestors, you all ready have them caged in.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Could someone please provide a link to the website that has the pictures on it? TIA

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Anyone know where the pictures came from, I need a URL please. I have searched but can't find it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join