It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer infects 1000's with aids?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They make a medicine for hemophiliacs called "factor 8"-medical term, not brand name term.

It is made from other people/animals blood. It is removed and flash frozen.

HOWEVER..............

If the blood it came from has aids, it "can" be transferred to the patient.

Here is a link to a youtube copy of a MSNBC news report.

LINK

There was a little know case of this with Baxter/Highland, a patient taking it's factor 8 medication got aids and died. The family threatened to bomb the plant and kill its people. The place was surrounded by police and nothing ever happened.

[edit on 6/18/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Factor VIII is an essential part of the clotting mechanisms employed by the body.

More information can be found Here

Another good site with some historical background

www.hemophilia.ca...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think that the bigger issue here (don't get me wrong) The girls death is tragic is the fact that Bayer simply sold the drug elsewhere when problems were identified in the US

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I think that the bigger issue here (don't get me wrong) The girls death is tragic is the fact that Bayer simply sold the drug elsewhere when problems were identified in the US

Indeed, my wife said the same Fred. She also said the way it was treated or something...you can't get Aids from it. The real issue is they were caught with this and were told they couldn't sell it in the USA, so then they shipped it off to other countries to keep their profit margins.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here i am like an idiot taking bayer low dose aspirins.

I dont want anything Bayer. Promoters of killing off the population for the NWO.

You know what you can do with your pills.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Het DG?? just get some no name brand asprins and cut them in half.......you get the very same benefits without paying for the fancy label and the death dealing BAYER CO.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Het DG?? just get some no name brand asprins and cut them in half.......you get the very same benefits without paying for the fancy label and the death dealing BAYER CO.
Oh definatly! They're in the business of killing off people, under the guise of "medicines" to cure.

I'm not in a very good mood today.
I'll try to calm down and tone myself down a bit. I've been ranting all over the place.
Its just one of those days.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something needs to be cleared up first before I proceed. AIDS is a syndrome brought about by HIV; just because someone has HIV does not necessarily mean that it will advance to AIDS. So, it is essentially wrong for someone to say "AIDS infected blood" for the mere fact that blood can only be infected with HIV, and the misrepresentation of the term "AIDS" in common language seems to be growing. The only thing that differentiates someone that has HIV from AIDS is the amount of the CD4+ cell count (white blood cells). Someone with just HIV infection ususally has anywhere between 300-1200 per mml, and someone with an AIDS diagnosis has a count around 200 mml. If a person injects blood from someone with a low CD4+ count around 200 mml it would not mean that they have AIDS...they would have HIV.

The first HIV test was developed in 1985 and is commonly known as ELISA, and was developed to screen out HIV from the blood supply. Reading through various articles on this subject it seems that most of the vials that were contaminated with HIV were sent out prior to this date, and thus there would be no way to detect it in the supply before this date. As FredT stated, it seems that the bigger issue is that Bayer continued to distribute the drug in other parts of the world after the known contamination in the US supply. The question has to be asked then...For previously infected individuals before the advent of the ELISA test, should Bayer be held accountable for their actions in these cases? It appears that Bayer, over the years, has paid an estimated $600 Million in lawsuit settlements to the victims of the contaminated drug supply. Although I cannot find whether this money includes includes that paid out to people infected before the development of the ELISA test in 1985. It's just my opinion, but I don't think Bayer can be held responsible for infections pre-1985. Does anyone know the exact number of people infected through Factor VIII across the rest of the world post-1985? I'm curious as to the distribution rates of people claiming they contracted HIV through Bayer's medicine and those that contracted it through risky behavior since it is extemely difficult to prove where someone actually got their original infection from.

The one thing I have run into when researching this issue is that I see no reliable and credible sources as to where this whole story developed. The internet, as usual, offers very little credible evidence in the case of Bayer's distribution of HIV infection medication, and I cannot seem to pinpoint any news source documenting Bayer's involvement in the issue. In fact, the only source I can find is this video which is even referenced on a Factor VIII page on Wikipedia: Factor VIII

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I myself am a Hemophliac. I have Hemophilia A Severe (factor 8 deficient)... I was Born on 3/19/1982 and from what my doctors told me I was only a few months off of definatly contracting the HIV Virus... I know Several Hemophiliacs who are only a few months older then me and did infact contract HIV from using the plasma dirived medicine created to treat Hemophilia.

The problem did not stop short at HIV but Hepititis C was also a huge problem. I was not so lucky on that front... Me, My brother and my Mother all contracted it.

I believe it was the late 1990's when there was a class action lawsuit for the contraction of the HIV virus... all who participated were compensated $100,000. Which to me seems a very small amount of money to have HIV

As to the number of those infected... There is roughly 1 Hemophiliac born to every 10,000 people. So take the .00001% of the total U.S. population of 1982 and you have your numbers... prob much more then "1000's"

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join