It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look at the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi all, This is my first thread.

I would like you to have a look at the moon in daylight conditions. My question is, was that bright object to the right of the moon, (northern hemisphere) there before? I have not noticed it before, and it seems to have a constant distance from the moon? Any Comments?

[edit on 18-6-2007 by djaybeetoo]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Could it possibly be the sun's reflection?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am not talking about the moon itself but the daylight visible object between two to three degrees to the right of it. Please just have a look in daylight its kinda messed up.

Edn

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
morning or afternoon? In the morning Venus can been seen to the left of the moon, in the afternoon it can be seen to the right of the moon.

That is most likely what you are seeing.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the object has been constant most of the day and is daylight visible, will upload a picture soon, when I figure out???

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
in answer to your question the answer is now and for the last five hours and no movement in conjuction with the moon, just look out the window. should be visible in the US now. The object is nearly parallell to the moon and venus tends to stick near the horizon

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
At first I didn't expect to find anything, but after downloading my pics, there it was--Venus.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up. The only reason I brought it up was that it was really bright that day in daylight. But thanks for setting my mind at ease

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hey djaybeetoo

Good to have you hear on ATS,
Here is a link you may like,

www.spaceweather.com...

Keeps up to date with events in the sky, So if you notcie something odd with the moon have a check on that as there may be a reason,

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have seen it. It isn't a ufo, it is actually the ISS (International Space Station). It is in a fixed orbit. I have seen it through binoculars, and you can clearly see not in complete detail that it is ours.

When I first saw it, I thought it could have been a ufo of unknown origin. However, having studied it's position and having a word with a friend of mine in the know-it was confirmed to be the ISS.

The sun reflects off it's exterior, but what is impressive, for it to be visible, like it is-it must be huge. I don't know what the final specs will be when they complete it, or if they have completed it. However, when there was a documentary on television it was going to be pretty large and able to be extended. I think they are eventually hoping to get people to live on the ISS and then maybe put bases on the moon.

The ISS is in a perfect fixed orbit and people have been able to live in it for several months. I would love to live in space. I suffer with spastic paraplegia and fibromyalgia and I think the zero g's would be great and take a lot of pressure off my legs.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the input rachel07

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I have seen it. It isn't a ufo, it is actually the ISS (International Space Station). It is in a fixed orbit.

By 'fixed orbit' do you mean geostationary orbit and apearing stationary over the earth. This is not the type of orbit the station is in. It is in a low orbit, a little over 200 miles up, and traveling at about 17,000 mph relitive to you and I. If you see it, it will to moving across the sky.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by numb99]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You can see Venus during the daytime if you know where to look. Just keep looking and it will pop out at you eventually. It is a lot easier if its a good distance away from the sun, and close to straight above you. Like today, try around 3:30 - 4:00. It'll be about 30 degrees SE of the Sun, so lay down with your house or something blocking the sun, and go about 1 and a half hand widths (with your arm stretched out) towards the SE and just keep looking, trust me it'll work! Let me know if you see it.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To Contributers I thank you.

To Moderators, Please close Thread.

top topics

join