It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Won't Fund Footbaths Leaders Cite ACLU's Decision Not To Oppose Use Of Public Money

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I have no objection to them if the Muslims paid for them,

and their TAX money is nothing? so all the contributions their tax does is nothing as i said before i bet there are Muslims that contribute more then you when it comes to TAX and so on

Hell if it had been a Christian wanting a religious symbol on a public school desk they would sue immediately

please tell me how a footbath is a religous symbol or anything to do with religon apart from a facility to wash ones feet.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

intresting 5000 cases of people refusing to take people who consume alkahol

Making that statement is another assumption. We have no proof all those people consumed it, they were refused service simpley because they were carrying it. For all we know the individual may have purchased it as a gift for others.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

intresting 5000 cases of people refusing to take people who consume alkahol

Making that statement is another assumption. We have no proof all those people consumed it, they were refused service simpley because they were carrying it. For all we know the individual may have purchased it as a gift for others.

correction could have consumed it

now reply to the Reply above yours

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My assumption is that others would not use them since there is no requirement for other faiths to wash their feet several times a day.

That's not what I asked. You're assuming that because Islam requires this, and other faiths don't, that no one will use it but Muslims? Can you show me an article that states no one but Muslims are allowed to use the facility? If there are no such claims, then this means that the facility is for public use.

If it were there only for Muslims, then yes, it would be something to cry about, but since it's open for everyone to use, meaning it's for public use, then there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

please tell me how a footbath is a religous symbol or anything to do with religon apart from a facility to wash ones feet.

Well if they are designed for foot washing by muslims they must be specific to their religion that is why.

We have no special requirements on how we wash or even that we have to wash prior to praying where I come from. Yet the same cznnot be said for Muslims they are REQUIRED TO WASH their feet, several times a day in fact.

Fox news

JOHN GIBSON, HOST: The big issue, separation of church and state in America's state schools, of course, but there isn't going to be a separation of mosque and state at one public college in Minnesota. The school is going to install a special sink or several for Muslims to wash their feet, and taxpayers are going to have to foot the bill. BIG STORY correspondent Douglas Kennedy has the details. Douglas?

DOUGLAS KENNEDY, BIG STORY CORRESPONDENT: Yeah John this sink is for a pre-prayer wash and the school says it's to keep their students safe. Critics are calling it a double standard.

KENNEDY (VOICE-OVER): For practicing Muslims, daily prayer is a must. In fact, devout Muslims are required to bow to Mecca five times a day. Each time, washing their hands, their mouths, and especially their feet. Now a college in Minnesota wants to help their Muslim students do just that.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Kindly note that is yet another school that installed them in Minnesota. As you can also see the sinks have one intention which is prayer preparation.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
its designed for washing feet but that doesnt still make it religous symbol
muslims are required to wash feet but that can be done in anything by your thoughts that makes my Bath a religous symbol.

and last time i checked anyone can use it.

please feel free to reply to the rest of my reply

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

If it were there only for Muslims, then yes, it would be something to cry about, but since it's open for everyone to use, meaning it's for public use, then there's nothing to worry about.

If they are for public use why haven't the public asked for them? Answer that one. Here is a hint the public did not ask for them only muslims did.

We wash at home or in the gym shower which are build for washing with the exception of an emergency that is where one might have to clean up after an accident.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
More proof this is just starting. Here is yet another from down under and they need a Secret Code to get it

A ROW has erupted over Muslim-only washrooms at La Trobe University that can be accessed only with a secret push-button code.

Muslim students have exclusive access to male and female washrooms on campus, sparking claims of bias and discrimination.

Muslim only wash footwash require secret code

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now all ye nay sayers prove these are for all to use....

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That definitely sounds like catering to a particular religion. But then it happened in Australia, and I'm not up to speed on their discrimination laws.

But the coded keylock certainly sounds weird. I wonder how they justify that?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I thought this was about an American University in Dearborn Michigan? How did this all of a sudden become an australian school?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If they are for public use why haven't the public asked for them? Answer that one.

The public didn't ask for new roads to be built near my neighborhood, but guess what, the public is using them.

Here is a hint the public did not ask for them only muslims did.

And who's going to be using them?

We wash at home or in the gym shower which are build for washing with the exception of an emergency that is where one might have to clean up after an accident.

So you would be ok with showers being built for public use in the Universities?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Here is a hint the public did not ask for them only muslims did.

This, of all statements, is interesting, and quite telling about motives here.

Aren't muslims members of the public?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I thought this was about an American University in Dearborn Michigan? How did this all of a sudden become an australian school?

Yup it started out as Dearborn and at the time I posted I also mentioned Kansas city and NW University had been apporacheed (there are others but I forgot some of them) then I found the one from down under. The one from down under is the real kicker though because it clearly shows they want them for Muslims only as it has a secret code and hence the reason I brought it up.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

This, of all statements, is interesting, and quite telling about motives here.

Aren't muslims members of the public?

Bad choice of words on my part should have read christian public or better yet all other relgions did ot ask for them. Feel better now?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
So you would be ok with showers being built for public use in the Universities?

There already are showers in the gyms that are for student use. That is one of the things I pointed out and asked why they culd not use them since they were built for washng.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU
Washing the hands three times up to the wrist; the right hand first and then the left and wash them in such a way that no spot is left dry;
Rinsing and gargling the mouth three times;
Washing the nose into three times;
Washing the face beginning from the forehead to the bottom of the chin, three times;
Washing the forearms including the elbows three times;
Wiping wet hands over the head from front down to the neck, then running the thumbs around the ears and wiping the inside;
Wiping the neck with the back of wet hands;
Washing the feet including the ankles three times. The right foot first and then the left unless socks are worn.

]In case if the socks are put on after an ABLUTION (WUDHU) is made, then during the next 24 hours, it is enough to pass wet fingers over them in making an ABLUTION instead of having to wash the feet each time, provided these have not been taken off during this period of time. If someone on journey, the traveler can make MASSAH i.e. passing wet fingers over socks up to three days.

I say take a shower in the morning like most people do, and wear socks. Then footwashing isn't a necessity as "it is enough to pass wet fingers over them in making an ABLUTION instead of having to wash the feet each time". I'm sure the $25,000 could be better spent on educational materials or services for students of all faiths.

Maybe Catholics should insist on confessionals on campus so they can be absolved from sin before receiving communion before going to church. Of course non-Catholics could use the confessional and confess sin if they wanted to.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Stale Cracker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join