It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
[Edited on 15-1-2004 by darkwraith]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think I need to read the book.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Honestly? I'd be worried if they found you. You are so right. The kings of England had to have the support of the landowners, so in the age of "democracy" who owns the land? Those who provide jobs to the masses. So look out if BIG business gets ahold of you.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
I like this book, expecially the title [Kingdom of Fear] which pretty much sums up the foul nature of life in the USA in these first few bloody years of the post-American century. Only a fool or a whore would call it anyhting else.
So, anyone that does not follow your viewpoint is a fool or a whore? Glad you have such an open mind to the world. What other names to you have, say for other beliefs in religion? What about people of other races? Some good words for them too?

It would be easy to say that we owe it all to the Bush family from Texas, but that would be simplistic. They are only errand boys for the vengeful, bloodthirsty cartel of raving Jesus-freaks and super-rich money mongers who have ruled the country for the last twenty years, and arguably the past 200.
Ohhh...here come the speculation, watch out! You know, I certainly prefer the Bush family to someone who tries to call everyone else stupid. Oh wait, it was fools and whores. My fault.

The real power in America is held by a fastemerging new Oligarchy of pimps and preachers who see no need for Democracy or fairness or even trees, except maybe for the ones in their own yards, and they don't mind admitting it. They worship money and power and death, their ideal solution to all the nations problems would be another 100 Year War."
Oh, now the pimps and preachers...I guess to keep us fools and whores in check. Hmmm, I missed the 100 year war solution. Is that going to be on CNN?

Well, kids- what do you say.

Agreed? Visionary or deluded? Deranged or derided?

Eh? What?

What think thou?

Now we are all kids. Ok.
I think you can pretty much guess what this "kid" thinks.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ZeddicusZulZorander....
The first two lines of your signature sums it all up quite nicely.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
ZeddicusZulZorander....
The first two lines of your signature sums it all up quite nicely.

Yes it does. For BOTH sides.

But of course you're right because you KNOW you are.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Flinx, your like my new "shadow"......

My comment was opinion.
I asserted no comment that it was correct or right, you assumed or are assuming. We all know what assumptions do, right? Then again, you are "assuming" that what you said was and is "correct or right," right?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I love Thompson's body of works, but I rarely see things from his perspective. Just like everything in this world, one must adjust their BS filter accordingly

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
Subject: "Kingdom Of Fear" by HS Thompson

(from the book "Kingdom of Fear" by H.S. Thompson)

"I like this book, expecially the title [Kingdom of Fear] which pretty much sums up the foul nature of life in the USA in these first few bloody years of the post-American century. Only a fool or a whore would call it anyhting else.

It would be easy to say that we owe it all to the Bush family from Texas, but that would be simplistic. They are only errand boys for the vengeful, bloodthirsty cartel of raving Jesus-freaks and super-rich money mongers who have ruled the country for the last twenty years, and arguably the past 200.

The real power in America is held by a fastemerging new Oligarchy of pimps and preachers who see no need for Democracy or fairness or even trees, except maybe for the ones in their own yards, and they don't mind admitting it. They worship money and power and death, their ideal solution to all the nations problems would be another 100 Year War."

Well, kids- what do you say.

Agreed? Visionary or deluded? Deranged or derided?

Eh? What?

What think thou?

The Doctor rules!

It's so bizarre - I picked up his "The Great Shark Hunt" awhile back and it is so eerily reminiscent to what's going on today, I was stunned.

Gonzo journalism alla way!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I disagree with his entire analysis.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
On what? The book you mentioned? What's his basic point? (I havn't read that'n)
Sorry.

I just love the guy. He's a frocken nutcase. And he writes exactly the way he wants to write. Screw the establishment. And he made it without them.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join