It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Input Please!

page: 1

join
share:
oui

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hello all.

I have a friend that was just diagnosed as being bipolar, and he wanted me to find out if their are any alternatives treatments, as oppossed to being put on addicting anti-deprresants? I figured I'd post it here, too see if I can perhaps get an answer?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Have him go to a neurologist who is well experienced in Lymbic dysfunctions. Have him ask the doctor if he will put him on a anti-seizure medication - preferrably Tegetrol.

It is not anit-depressant, and could very well change his life.

It is definitely worth the office visit to try.

Research it some.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Affective disorders and ABO blood types.

Acta Psychiatr Scand 1979 Sep;60(3):272-278
Rinieris PM, Stefanis CN, Lykouras EP, Varsou EK

Results of the present study provide evidence of: 1) a positive association between bipolar affective disorder and blood type O and a corresponding negative association between the former and blood type A, 2) a positive association between unipolar affective disorder and blood type O, and 3) a positive association between involutional depression and blood type A and a corresponding negative association between the former and blood types B and O. Sex does not appear to modify the ABO blood types' distribution in patients with bipolar, unipolar affective disorder, or involutional depression, and the same holds for ear- or late-onset of the illness in patients with bipolar or unipolar affective disorders. Findings in the present study do not support the validity of the bipolar-unipolar distinction of affective disorders, and provide evidence in favour of the view that involutional depression is a genetically distinct nosological entity.

Search here for BTD practicioner near you www.dadamo.com...
It is nearly best what you can do to avoid poisonous, ineffective treatments.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just diagnosed? are they sure it isn't related to teh time of year? I've seen soem absolutely godawful psychologists. Ask for a second opinion, at least.

Also, under not conditions, send him to a therapist.

Tell me if the second opinion confirmed it.

DE

new topics

top topics

join