It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much talked about summer war in ME starting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We have all been hearing in the news since late last Fall about a potential summer war breaking out again in the middle east. Is the Gaza takeover by Hamas and now the 2 Kyatusha's that were just fired from Lebanon the start of something bigger? It sounds like Fatah is planning on fighting back in Gaza with western help. If this happens then im sure things in the West Bank are going to heat up and then Hizballah may take advantage of the situation not to mention the tension with Syria and Iran and the West.

Just an opinion question. Do you guys think this is the beginning of the Summer war of 2007?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I read an excellent article in todays 'the australian'

It described how Iran, has effectivley created 3, seperate nations all fighting the zionist led wars across Iraq and Palestine.

Sadr, in Iraq
Hamas, in Gaza
Hezbollah, in Lebanon and the west bank.

its managed to sustain actions against both Israel and the US for about 5-6 months... obviously, our strategies arent working... being in BOTH CASES, its their land!

If we are stupid enough to stay, then so be it we suffer the consequences.

One of those countries is going to strike hard this summer....

Maybe a planned assault on the greezone?... or a crude nuclear device in hafia? or multiple gas attacks on suburban shopping centres in Orlando?

Either way, because of curropt dealings within both the Israeli & American governments, we've evolved into a reality where... anythings possible now.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Gaza/West Bank thing, the rockets fired into Israel, the constant violence in Iraq, the tension with the nuclear standoff and the alleged weapons shipments from Iran to terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan, the talk of a possible Syria/Israel war with both preparing for it, and the recent flare in violence with over a hundred deaths in a three day period in Afghanistan. Sure seems like we're heading for something.

You also have to factor in the tensions between Russia and the US over the missile shield, and also the tensions between China and the US due to Bush shaking the hand of the Taiwanese Ambassador or something like that, because China saw that as an act of cooperation between the US and Taiwan, and of course China doesn't like that.

I think we're in the beginning stages of WWIII.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Its kind of stupid because this all could pretty much easily solved by ceasing Military support to israel and having them cease settler expansion and sitting them down at the table and talking peace. Its so simple I don't know why they put the USA at risk just so israel can continue this ridiculous occupation. They will never ever push t5he palestinians out totally and they will not settle for a land pocked by private "jews only" roads and settlements. The USA needs to stop fueling their war machine otherwise there will be nothing but wars.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its kind of stupid because this all could pretty much easily solved by ceasing Military support to israel and having them cease settler expansion and sitting them down at the table and talking peace. Its so simple I don't know why they put the USA at risk just so israel can continue this ridiculous occupation. They will never ever push t5he palestinians out totally and they will not settle for a land pocked by private "jews only" roads and settlements. The USA needs to stop fueling their war machine otherwise there will be nothing but wars.

That's not going to happen. Israel doesn't want peace. The United States doesn't want peace. Middle East Peace, World Peace, any type of peace will never happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
That's not going to happen. Israel doesn't want peace. The United States doesn't want peace. Middle East Peace, World Peace, any type of peace will never happen.

Well while I already am aware that Israel doesn't want peace, maybe elected officials of the US Government may not want peace , but I think Americans are becoming tired of this BS and they absolutely want peace. Israel is about to ask for an increase in aide and I think its absolutely ridiculous if they approve this. Between Israel, Iraq and Egypt they are reciving 10's of Billions of dollars. Absolutely crazy.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Well while I already am aware that Israel doesn't want peace, maybe elected officials of the US Government may not want peace , but I think Americans are becoming tired of this BS and they absolutely want peace. Israel is about to ask for an increase in aide and I think its absolutely ridiculous if they approve this. Between Israel, Iraq and Egypt they are reciving 10's of Billions of dollars. Absolutely crazy.

Yeah, I should have made it more clear. Sorry.

I'm sure Israeli's, at least a good portion of them, want peace, and maybe even some government officials, although I'm not familiar with their government structure. But it's the high up ones, the one's who stand to gain from war, that want it.

Same for the United States. The majority want peace unless war is necessary. These wars aren't necessary. I think more and more people are waking up to the real reason for these wars, which of course is and always has been profit. There definitely are elected officials who do not want wars either. But like Israel, the ones high up who stand to gain from war are the ones that want it.

new topics

top topics

join