It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid NOT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Congrats Mag. And dont let anyone tear you away from God. People will hate you for believing in Him, just remember that.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The good thing is, you no LONGER have to fear evil. You can now be mortally terrified of God instead. Yup, why fear something dumb like evil when you can fear GOD! Now THAT is very smart. All religious followers fear him like death itself, and say they "love him" just like you tell your boss that you "love" him in fear of losing your job. They are afraid of losing THEIR job (life) and to get fired (go to hell). So they fake it. No one LIKES their boss, but all pretend to. So why do you PRETEND to like some God our of fear, when logically he does NOT exist? You gave up your will, for what!@

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Let me ask you this. Why in the hell would you post such a thing in a religion conspiracy forum? If you want to share your experience with like minded people, seek people who don't think religion is a conspiracy. You practically begged to be harassed, IMO.
If you want the comfort of other born again idiots, this probably isn't the most logical place to find it.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Satyr]

I'm not seeking comfort and I did not post my story. I made a statement with my post here. You chose to enter with your nonesense-I did not invite you or seek you out and ask you to post here..you chose to, remember that!

The conspiracy which you keep bringing up is that there are lost souls wondering around in the world and lucky for them(or not) they still have a chance to be saved because of someone else fighting for them to be saved. That is the power that God has, That is the love He has for even those who are lost.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You have it backwards completely, unfortunately. You might try places like this...

www.christianforums.com...

I'm sure you'll have much better luck posting stuff like this there. You can all agree with each other and feel the love of god. Isn't that what you're looking for now?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why would I need to be saved? From what? There is no danger! Oh yes there is.

God showed up and said he's sending me to hell unless I beg him for forgiveness/salvation. Then he dictated a book that I must follow and live by. Then he created the Church that tortured/killed millions in his name. He then, just like Bush, came here to LIBERATE us lost humans, because we have WMD's and we don't even KNOW IT! That's right, we are dangerous without God, so we NEED him to control us or we're all screwed. Why are you ignorint all my threads? Does the question of "What tempted you to follow God" instill fear? Also, I will never HATE anyone for believing in anything, it's just funny to me. Belief and religion are both a big joke. Sadly it's not as funny as some other jokes
The joke sucks!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
The good thing is, you no LONGER have to fear evil. You can now be mortally terrified of God instead. Yup, why fear something dumb like evil when you can fear GOD! Now THAT is very smart. All religious followers fear him like death itself, and say they "love him" just like you tell your boss that you "love" him in fear of losing your job. They are afraid of losing THEIR job (life) and to get fired (go to hell). So they fake it. No one LIKES their boss, but all pretend to. So why do you PRETEND to like some God our of fear, when logically he does NOT exist? You gave up your will, for what!@

And you will understand the fear that we should have in Him. But you cannot understand His word unless or until you have accepted Him and you worship Him. THAT is your choice, that is your choice to believe in The Almighty God and believe that He sent His only Son to die for our sins. You make it difficult on yourself only, you remain in confusion because you have not opened yourself up to God and put your faith in Him.

Do you want to do that? Or do you want to try your hardest to get others as confused as you are?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So don't think I'm running off from those who wish to continue to attack God or me because I believe in Him.

I'll return..don't you fret.

God Bless us all!!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You are calling me confused and lost? Just like Bush calls Saddam evil. Yeah that one goes RIGHT over my head. Just like Hitler called the Jews evil.

First of all, why do you need to believe or have faith in anything? Why not just find things out on your own, study, research, investigate, and find TRUTH. Blind faith = ignorance and lack of knowledge. You only believe in stuff you don't know. If you knew something you no longer believe in it, cuz you KNOW it. You don't believe you are *blank* years old, you KNOW it. So why do you have to pretend to know God when you can find out through logic. Nooo you are too terrified that logic won't work because God is "beyond" logic and he'll send you to hell for such heresy as independent thinking, right? I'm trying to wake people up from this blind faith/belief junk. You, among all other religious people, are lost. Confused. Scared. Gave up your free will to some entity. You are tempted easily. You are blackmailed by religious temptations/fears they instill. If you are NOT, then why have so much faith in someone you don't even know exists. And if you truly "understand" God after having faith, what DO you understand now. You UNDERSTAND that without faith you are screwed, yes? Blah. You can't argue with a wall that has a smiley face on it. You can't tell it to stop smiling, it's a wall. Same way you can't argue with a believer. You can't ARGUE with an illusion, if the illusion REFUSES to acknowledge truth. It IS your free will, you are right. Except that NOW you gave it up and gave it to God, so you no longer have it. I'd pity you, but I don't pity anyone. You do what you like. I don't know why I even care that someon can be blindly ignorant. So what? There's plenty of people like you on Earth. Bye

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Think of a child and a father. The child fears his father because he knows if he doesnt obey then he will be punished (grounded, etc.), but he knows that his father loves him and only wants whats best for him, so out of love he obeys his father, even if he doesnt understand at the time, because his father loves him very much and he only wants the best for him. Love isnt something you can fake, for the child or the father. Deep down God knows what people really feel in their hearts.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
lol. No, the child doesn't really know the father loves him. Love doesn't exist btw, it's a word that describes a bunch of feelings/emotions combined. No such thing as love. The kid might think the father knows best, but he is terrified to just tell the father to go # himself and leave home, THAT takes balls. He gave up his will to his parents. And parents, while wanting what's best, violate their child's free will to choose what's best for themselves. Why would parents care so much that they'd contol their children and make them do as they are told or else. Because they feel like they OWN the kid cuz they MADE them? BS! It's just a control game. Animals live and parents don't control the kids... the kids usually are independent of parents completely and learn the lessons the hard way. Parents are control freaks, and our society promotes that. It's all about control. They THINK they know what's best for the kids because that's what the society says, and it is assumed everything is fine with that situation. It is fine, but the kid has no free will or control over his life. Because our society set it up so that the kid DEPENDS on the parents for his life. If he did NOT depend on the parents to survive, the parents can lick the kid's ass and the FIRST time your parents even told you waht to do, you'd be OUT of there. They program your mind (condition you) to pretend to believe in something called love. You're just attached. People get attached to ANTHING, doesn't mean they love the thing. It's just they don't like change, cuz change is unpredictable.

So comparing God to parents doesn't do it any Good. Both, God, and parents, are using the "system" that was set up in such a way that they force obedience and control over others. Kids have no choice cuz they'll die so they are forced on the fear of death to obey. Grown people, however, are forced on the fear of death AFTER they die... suffering. Either way, it's all about control and blackmail.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

lol. No, the child doesn't really know the father loves him. Love doesn't exist btw, it's a word that describes a bunch of feelings/emotions combined. No such thing as love. The kid might think the father knows best, but he is terrified to just tell the father to go # himself and leave home, THAT takes balls. He gave up his will to his parents. And parents, while wanting what's best, violate their child's free will to choose what's best for themselves. Why would parents care so much that they'd contol their children and make them do as they are told or else. Because they feel like they OWN the kid cuz they MADE them? BS! It's just a control game. Animals live and parents don't control the kids... the kids usually are independent of parents completely and learn the lessons the hard way. Parents are control freaks, and our society promotes that. It's all about control. They THINK they know what's best for the kids because that's what the society says, and it is assumed everything is fine with that situation. It is fine, but the kid has no free will or control over his life. Because our society set it up so that the kid DEPENDS on the parents for his life. If he did NOT depend on the parents to survive, the parents can lick the kid's ass and the FIRST time your parents even told you waht to do, you'd be OUT of there. They program your mind (condition you) to pretend to believe in something called love. You're just attached. People get attached to ANTHING, doesn't mean they love the thing. It's just they don't like change, cuz change is unpredictable.

So comparing God to parents doesn't do it any Good. Both, God, and parents, are using the "system" that was set up in such a way that they force obedience and control over others. Kids have no choice cuz they'll die so they are forced on the fear of death to obey. Grown people, however, are forced on the fear of death AFTER they die... suffering. Either way, it's all about control and blackmail.

God doesnt "control" anyone who doesnt even think He exists in the first place. And even the people who He "controls", they can walk away anytime they want. We do have free-will. I dont know why you're talking about society, im talking about God, and not society, I tried to use a simple analogy but you're looking too deep into the situation and its not relevant or making much sense, to me anyways. But we think on different planes, so its a bit difficult. You see God as nothing but anger, blackmail, jealousy, and control. But I dont see how you can say this because you dont even think He exists. God is love. He only wants you to be in Heaven with Him, its your choice, you can choose to not believe in Him if you want. Free-will.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why does he want me to be in Heaven with him? What if I have my own plans etc? Does he not care? What if I say... screw heaven, and screw hell. I'm going to explore all the knowledge of the universe after I die, and never stop until I know EVERYTHING there is to know. I don't have time for blissful existance in some Heaven or damnation in some Hell. Others can go where they please, I for one have my own free will, and will go and do what I please.

And about free will, he does control you through his religious representatives on Earth. When you listen to your preacher and believe him, when you believe ANYTHING, you are allowing yourself to be controlled. An uncontrolled mind believes nothing, and searches for truth in everything.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
God, please protect me from your followers.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Why does he want me to be in Heaven with him? What if I have my own plans etc? Does he not care? What if I say... screw heaven, and screw hell. I'm going to explore all the knowledge of the universe after I die, and never stop until I know EVERYTHING there is to know. I don't have time for blissful existance in some Heaven or damnation in some Hell. Others can go where they please, I for one have my own free will, and will go and do what I please.

And about free will, he does control you through his religious representatives on Earth. When you listen to your preacher and believe him, when you believe ANYTHING, you are allowing yourself to be controlled. An uncontrolled mind believes nothing, and searches for truth in everything.

He wants you to be in heaven with Him because He loves you. You say you want to seek the truth, and have no time for Heaven, but the only way to get the full truth is through God, when you're in Heaven, you can ask Him all the questions you want!!! And He will give you the truth!! And preachers do not control me, I rarely even go to church. Church is inside me. and God controlling me implies that we dont have free-will, if anyone is willing to listen, He will reveal the truth. You dont have to listen.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
From the outside, you appear to be as addicted to religion, as a heroin addict is addicted to heroin. It sort of reminds me of Night of the Living Dead...bunch of zombies walking the earth. Instead of moaning, "Brains, I need brains."(in my best zombie voice), you're saying, "God, I need God. God is the way to salvation....salvaaaation."
Honestly, it sickens me. It's like you've traded in your individuality for god. In the process, you've relinquished some of the free will you previously had for a worn out old tradition that gives you a false feeling of worth and/or divinity. I truly can't understand the need for it. The need is stronger than your will, apparently. To be so needy violates your self worth, and makes you appear very weak, insecure, and confused....crying out for some invisible entity to save you. "Oh, please save me, Thor!!!"
Probably the most interesting thing about this is, this "saving" process takes a lifetime of wearing blinders and getting on your knees. No matter how much you say you're "saved", the saving is never done. Nothing is ever accomplished by the "saving". And saved from what? I'm not threatened or afraid in the first place. I don't see evil everywhere. I see confused, hurt, angry, and broken people who don't know how to deal with their emotions, even if they are very religious. God is just an escape for people who can't take it anymore.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Why are you so convinced God won't lie to you? How do you know? Also, how do you know ANYTHING about God? I know!! Cuz you BELIEVED in what the preachers/religious books TOLD you to believe under threat of damnation! Yup. No other reason. You didn't speak with God, did ya?

Also, The truth is NOT through anyone. The truth is through everything, not any ONE particular souce. Especially one that claims he is a GOD. I'd suggest you be careful about just HOW gullible you allow yourself to be and who you trust. If you can trust someone you've never seen and only read about with your entire life and give Him your full devotion, what does that make you?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why are you so convinced God won't lie to you? How do you know? Also, how do you know ANYTHING about God? I know!! Cuz you BELIEVED in what the preachers/religious books TOLD you to believe under threat of damnation! Yup. No other reason. You didn't speak with God, did ya?

Also, The truth is NOT through anyone. The truth is through everything, not any ONE particular souce. Especially one that claims he is a GOD. I'd suggest you be careful about just HOW gullible you allow yourself to be and who you trust. If you can trust someone you've never seen and only read about with your entire life and give Him your full devotion, what does that make you?

I had my doubts about Jesus, for the longest time the Bible came across to me as nothing more than just words, and I wasnt even sure if Jesus was the messiah. So I asked God one night before I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night, with a knowing feeling, I cant describe it, but I just had this weird feeling, and then words popped into my head, something to the effect of: "You being alive is proof enough that I have sent down my son Jesus as the Messiah." I was sastisfied, so I went back to sleep. When I woke up, I read the Bible for 10 minutes or so, I came across something that said the exact same thing as what He told me the night before. So that was proof enough for me. Find out for yourself though, dont take my word for it. If you'd like another example then I was even having my doubts of God for awhile, I was torn on the subject, so I prayed, I told Him if He exists then He should show me a sign, give me something to believe in, show me something!! About a week later I recieved a letter from my cousin (who I hadnt spoke with in about 4 or 5 years, I didnt even know he believed in God), the letter was about Jesus through God, and His love for everyone. I called my cousin on the phone and he told me that Jesus told him to write me. That was proof enough for me. Again, dont take my word for it, to be honest, I was tired of hearing all these amazing stories of everyone feeling God in there lives, that wasnt enough for me, so I search for myself. Look for yourself, you'll be very happy when you find Him.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yep, and when you're in love, every love song on the radio seems like it's about you, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So? The government can use mind-control technology to make you hear things also. Aliens can do that too. So if I am telepathic and can talk to you inside your head, will you worship me? Please! This is a control system on this planet, and you're still gullible. So I come to you and tell you some BS thing and you laugh in my face and ask why you should believe me. I say: "Since you're alive, everything I say is true, stupid". And you bow down and worship me. How is that different from what you did?

So what if "Jesus" told him. What if it was Aliens who spy on our thoughts and created our religions in the first place in order to feed on our negative energies as we fight over whose God is better. How do you KNOW it cannot be that possibility? Why do you have to take the word of Jesus or the word of God for it. Jesus even said HIMSELF! He said Satan will appear as an Angel of light to you. So basically, it COULD have been any entity/spirit/soul whatever. Anyone coulda heard you and given you a fake sign to appease you. And you jumped for joy. Please! This is what convinced you? And how do you know it was actually Jesus or God who placed you that message, not Satan in disguse as an Angel of light or whatever. Or an alien who can monitor all human thoughts simultaneously and who created religions to begin with. Hmm?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
why so much hatred? If you don't believe in God, just look away, or start your own "I hate God" topic...

What are your problems? Did she titled her thread "Please convince me I'm wrong about God?"???
Let everyone have their own beliefs dammit...

geez...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join