It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Afghan children killed in Air Strike

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

BAGRAM AIRFIELD, Afghanistan – The seven children who died in a Coalition airstrike on a compound in Zarghun Shah District, Paktika Province, last night were held inside the building throughout the day according to other children who survived the airstrike.

Witness statements taken early this morning clearly put the blame on the suspected terrorists saying that if the children attempted to go outside they were beaten and pushed away from the door.

source - centcom

Why am I not suprised that these cowards were hiding behind children? They're really good at hiding in the shadows behind the skirts of women and the innoncence of children. It must be a really great cause if you have the need to use children as cannon fodder for propaganda. I don't see how anyone could defend these goons even if you despised the U.S.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My brother, please...just because theres a blurb about it in a press release, doesnt mean its truth.

Any general in any army, including your own, will know that during times of war, both sides engage in propaganda to gather support for their side. The examples of propaganda used by governments, including your US government, in wartime, is well documented, I will cite the Gulf of Tonkin incident as one example.

It is vital for governments to keep a wartime atmosphere, a culture of fear, to ensure that agendas are carried out and control is kept. Its easy for the president to say we have to torture people to fight the war on terror, its hard for him to say that without a war.

Its easy for the government to say we have to tap phone lines of ordinary Americans to see if they are plotting against the government, without the phony war on terror they couldnt do that.

Its easy for the government to say we have to silence dissenters and people who talk out against the government, its easy for them to tell you not to believe us as they do all the time, its easy for them to play the orwellian double speak game on you, but without a culture of war and fear, they could not.

Governments cant have centralized manipulative powers if the society is good and peaceful and prosperous. It is vital to create fear and chaos and lack of abundance, to keep people dependent on the State. Therefore, governments work to corrupt society and keep it from being good and peaceful and prosperous, so they can more easily control us. Its always been that way thru all of history, and those who dont learn from history are doomed to make stupid decisions which repeat it.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join