It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The physics of ghosts (a theory)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
While looking through the threads here and watching god knows how many videos with little will o the wisp orbs, mist, free floating torsos and the like. I am starting to think I understand the physics behind ghosts and such. Well perhaps.

The physical body is a generator of psychic and physical energy. This energy is produced through the normal means of digestion and the bodies constant struggle to attain homeostasis. Upon the failure of the body to regenerate itself or the onset of mass system failure (death) The entity that inhabits our bodies no longer has that readily available source of energy and seeks out other potential sources of this energy.

In the event of a sudden host failure the entity that inhabits each of us is left in a state of shock and immediately looks for sources of energy to perpetuate it's own existence.

This is documented in several accounts that I have witnessed of paranormal investigators equipment loosing power and the overall effect of the psycho-electrostatic interference on said equipment.

The physical body both supplies the entity with power and shields it from loosing too much energy through dispersion. When there is no physical container for the entity to consolidate it's energy into this dispersion of energy is more expedient. This power loss is more than the entity can absorb through the process of osmosis. My theory is that these spirits/entities/ghosts, drain the energy of the surrounding area which is documented in the phenomenon of temperature variations in locations where a entity is present.

The limitations of the entity in it's less physical form is due to both the lack of physical musculature and the energy that it is able to successfully expend in the manipulation of the physical world around it.

The unknown variables in this theory is the amount of actual sentience that the entity retains after the expulsion from the physical form. Some of these entities seem to be mere fingerprints of the former host body engaging in activities that mimic the former living form. Others appear to be more intelligent and sentient in their process and movements alluding to perhaps showing that some conciseness is retained without the physical brain.

In the cases where the entity is merely mimicking the actions of the host party, the entity is merely a shadow of its former host and only is in existence because of a vacuum cycle of energy. They gain enough power to perpetuate their own existence.

In the cases where there seems to be more of an intelligent presence being in control of the entity these appear to be your orbs and the psycho communicative beings. Passing along messages and manipulating the physical realm in perhaps an attempt to affirm their own existence.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
In some rare instances apparitions can appear due to a collective consciousness effort. In these rare events the ghost entity is the physical manifestation of an event or subject that has left a powerful psychic energy signature. An instance of this exact phenomenon is the Lincoln Funeral Train discussed here. This ghostly apparition of the president's funeral train is reported to travel through it's route on April 21/22 and follows the route. This is just one of many examples of the collective consciousness ghost manifestation.

There has been many many instances of the lost body ghost. This type of entity is reported when a body is lost and some part of the spirit seems to want the corpse found. The ghost tends to be traveling along it's route and sometimes may interact with living individuals. A few examples of this include the famous Roman soldier ghosts of York and the Ghost Girl of Hwy. 104 These entities often will disappear once the body is recovered and given a proper burial. Oddly it appears that these spirits cannot seem to rest until the former host body is recovered giving credence to sentience of these entities.

Some entities seem to be angry about their plight often these ghosts are the victims of foul play and their deaths are unavenged. These may manifest themselves as a poltergeist
whether the spirit is angry because of the unanswered wrongdoing or a plea for attention these entities manifest themselves by manipulating the physical world around them.

Although very rare on occasion an entity may attack a living person. Most ghosts or spirits have little to do with the living but some apparently when threatened my become violent. This was documented on this Ghost Hunter episode where a cameraman was knocked off his feet by an unseen assailant.

Obviously war causes casualties, in such instances ghosts may be created. In the United States the most famous battlefield ghost sightings occur near Gettysburg where many many different types of entities are reported yearly.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
In the investigation of ghosts and entities often the abilities of psychics are utilized in an attempt to contact the spirit. Unfortunately often times these self appointed experts are nothing more than charlatans posing as people with paranormal ability. These frauds undermine confidence in this science and cause individuals that may be open to the possibility of beyond the grave existence to become disinterested in this phenomenon.

The other unfortunate part of this type of investigation is the total lack of credible evidence other than the testimony given by the psychic. There is no way to cross check these individuals without the use of another psychic. This type of investigation is lacking in credibility and is totally dependent on the individual.

The other form of investigation involves the use of external telemetry to detect variations in the environment that may be an indicator of a paranormal presence.

This equipment often detects changes in temperature and light to detect these entities while this form of investigation does lend more technological credibility to the investigation. It still relies on human interpretation of that data without a control to determine the relevance of the information.

More often than not investigators are probably guilty of their own collective consciousness apparitions. They believe that a building or location is haunted so much that they inevitably find evidence of the haunting without credible evidence or they find circumstantial evidence that may be rationally explained by more traditional means.

[edit on 6/18/2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How could you possibly polarize the gap between physical energy and psychic energy?

How would you polarize ghost energy for consumed or focus purposes?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In all reality physical energy and psychic energy are one and the same. Energy is energy it cannot be destroyed or created just changed. This is basic physics and it does apply in this case.

While there is no normal physical form to the apparition. There is a possibility that the psychic form would be detectable in the physical realm, while as of yet the technology and understanding of elemental energy is not fully understood. Someday perhaps both the understanding and telemetry can merge to show us a more clear picture of these entities and the rules of the universe that they inhabit.

In order to classify the polarization of this energy consumed or focused one would have to be able to detect with reasonable certainty the ebb and flow of this energy in the physical realm with a clear understanding and a controlled environment to test this theory in.

Unfortunately realistically without a willing ghost as a test subject to use as a control we will have a difficult time in calibrating any test equipment that could be functionally used in a real life situation. So we are left with known entities and known locations that are reported regularly to be inhabited by psychic energy.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What a brilliant analysis...

You obviously know what you're talking about.

You deserve a star.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What would be an interesting experiment would be if somehow you could capture this coalition of energy and extrapolate how this energy for one retains cohesion without mass, or matter, and two in those occurrences where the entity seems to have a intelligence somehow come to an understanding how this energy combines to allow for the transmittal of thought without the medium of a chemical, electrical, physical reaction like the brain.

Although it is not known (and perhaps never will be) if there is any physical atomic structure to a ghost form.

What is widely known and acknowledged in the paranormal community is that these entities do draw from the physical environment. They through convection lower the ambient temperature surrounding the anomaly radically. This is documented in several cases where paranormal investigators using sensitive thermal test equipment have recorded time and time again pockets of colder than normal air.

What is also interesting and lends credence to the scientific examination of these entities is the variation in the electromagnetic field that has also been recorded. Sharp spikes in the electromagnetic field is also commonly reported in the same areas where the temperature variations have also been spotted.

Yet another fascinating phenomenon is the apparent shift through the electromagnetic color spectrum that these entities either through will alone or perhaps through the attainment of enough energy to allow them to be seen by the naked eye. In some instances video recording equipment set to record ultraviolet light has captured interesting images and movement of otherwise unseen forms.

Normal camera equipment continuously documents these unseen forms which produce orbs clouds and sometimes fully formed humanoid apparitions.

Many of these images are debunked as dirty lenses, bad film, and complete hoaxes. But some have survived the scrutiny of disbelievers and remain unknown phenomenon.

There is also a relatively new medium to the world of paranormal investigation in the use of audio recordings in the attempt to capture evidence of the unseen presence. Some of these recordings are amazing and show an interesting possible form of communication with the unknown entity.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think if we polarised this energy on a mass level, it would brainwashed the hell out of everybodies brain and bring peace along the way.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Desmond i am not exactly sure what your talking about. I was trying to put forth a theory as to be able to explain ghosts in a rational scientific manner. I certainly don't think that we could use pot resin to capture this anomaly.

And for your idea of mass brainwashing, I think that would be best left to MK-ULTRA research and not through the enslavement and subsequent exploitation of disembodied energy.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I find the entire idea of ghosts when put forth in any kind of logical or scientific fact, a complete impossibility.

I am sure that I will be refuted by those who believe, but I am going to say what I have to say either way.

There are several problems with ghosts as energy theory. First of all, human, just like every other thing need a source of energy. We eat, drink and so forth, so does every other living entity on this earth. Even light has an energy source; the chemical energy of the sun. How can ghosts possibly extract energy from thier environment, are like energy magnets, or do they eat ghost plants and animals? The energy your theorized ghost could carry onto this semi-immaterial form cannot be specualted but it would be easy to imagine that even if this was possible, in such pure energy kind of forms, these ghosts would last minutes, maybe hours, maybe even a day, but not be able to haunt places for years on end.

That is not even my largest objection to ghosts as a whole. How can something be in-material, then material? How could this transfer happen? How could a ghost pass through a wall, which is not possible even for light, (perhaps a really thin wall, but it would have to be in all cases for this to be a relevant fact anyways), to be that immaterial, then somehow knock over something or create a smell or make a sound (all of these actions require matter as well as energy to be performed; if something has no material it cannot use its energy as it has nothing to push with, it cannot create smells, as smells are simply chemical molicules in the air, and sound is the vibration of molicules, which you could say coudl be the pure ghost energy, but it would still require some kind of outlet for the energy.)

Simply, matter cannot be created or destroyed, but for a ghost to be possible it would have to be.

Ghosts also presume you have a soul, so tell me, where exactly in the brain does the soul interact with the material body.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous

There are several problems with ghosts as energy theory. First of all, human, just like every other thing need a source of energy. We eat, drink and so forth, so does every other living entity on this earth. Even light has an energy source; the chemical energy of the sun. How can ghosts possibly extract energy from thier environment, are like energy magnets, or do they eat ghost plants and animals? The energy your theorized ghost could carry onto this semi-immaterial form cannot be specualted but it would be easy to imagine that even if this was possible, in such pure energy kind of forms, these ghosts would last minutes, maybe hours, maybe even a day, but not be able to haunt places for years on end.

That is not even my largest objection to ghosts as a whole. How can something be in-material, then material? How could this transfer happen? How could a ghost pass through a wall, which is not possible even for light, (perhaps a really thin wall, but it would have to be in all cases for this to be a relevant fact anyways), to be that immaterial, then somehow knock over something or create a smell or make a sound (all of these actions require matter as well as energy to be performed; if something has no material it cannot use its energy as it has nothing to push with, it cannot create smells, as smells are simply chemical molicules in the air, and sound is the vibration of molicules, which you could say coudl be the pure ghost energy, but it would still require some kind of outlet for the energy.)

Simply, matter cannot be created or destroyed, but for a ghost to be possible it would have to be.

Ghosts also presume you have a soul, so tell me, where exactly in the brain does the soul interact with the material body.

Here's my thoughts on the subject:

I think the answers may be in Quantum Entanglement. For instance where does the Consciousness interact with the Mind, I would suggest Sir Roger Penrose's Quantum Mind and Karl Pribram's Holographic Mind.

For the Entities we are calling Ghosts I would suggest David Bohm's and Karl Pribram's Holographic Paradigm.

Their credentials:

"Sir Roger Penrose, OM, FRS (born 8 August 1931) is an English mathematical physicist and Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford and Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College. He is renowned for his work in mathematical physics, in particular his contributions to general relativity and cosmology. He is also a recreational mathematician and philosopher. "

en.wikipedia.org...

"Karl H. Pribram (born February 25, 1919 in Vienna, Austria) is an emeritus professor of Psychology at Stanford University School of Medicine. Trained as a neurosurgeon he did pioneering work on the cerebral cortex. To the general public, he is best known for his development of the holonomic brain model of cognitive function and his contribution to ongoing neurological research into the engram. "

en.wikipedia.org...

"David Joseph Bohm (b. December 20, 1917, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania - d. October 27, 1992, London) was an American-born quantum physicist, who made significant contributions in the fields of theoretical physics, philosophy and neuropsychology, and to the Manhattan Project."

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see these are not new age spiritualists. I highly suggests reading their books.

top topics

join