It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. set to lift Palestinian embargo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is poised to lift its economic and diplomatic embargo against the Palestinian government in the
West Bank now that a U.S.-backed moderate has evicted Islamic radicals from governance

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

As I seem to remember, was it not a condition set by the US/West that the Palestine government remove it call to destroy Israel and kill all its population (this is an approximation, not a quote)

Further, as I remember, Fattah was willing to start talking about this and Hamas refused to even discuss the issue of peace-at all no matter what Israel does or does not do.

Now that they have been separated, expect Western aid in terms of $$$/and more.

I would expect that if peace talks go forward, that military support may be provided to the Fattah government to suppress the Hamas terrorist.

That won't be allowed by Hamas and their masters Iran and Syria. You see if Israel has peace on all or most of its boarders, they will be able to devote most of their military to actions with Syria and Iran.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
As I seem to remember, was it not a condition set by the US/West that the Palestine government remove it call to destroy Israel and kill all its population (this is an approximation, not a quote)

That was what asked of Hamas by both the U.S. and EU as long as they were in control of the government. Fatah had already (at least publicly) had the position of wanting a two-state solution and peace with Israel.

join