It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the universe sucks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
if you sit down and really think, this reality blows. i hate it. in the end, the remainder is only pain. were stuck here on this #hole rock to live our sad little lives. cogs in the machine. even if we could get off it, where would we go? its all the same in the end anyway. we cant escape the universe, save by death. and then what. we dont know. so even if i wanted out, theres no guarantees. the thought of ceasing to exist is a horrifying thing. and then you have the multitudes of religions saying all these stories. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME YOURE DAMNED FOR ETERNITY. NO WAIT, ITS ME YOU WANT, HES WRONG. HES DAMNED. NO NO, IM THE RIGHT CHOICE, JUST BELIEVE AND YOU WILL BE SAVED, BUT DONT DO WHAT I WANT AND YOURE SCREWED. GAME OVER. but then again, immortality is in the same boat. youre still stuck in the same old #, day in day out, and then what. eventually the universe grinds to a halt, and there isnt sufficient energy left to sustain you. the stars burn out, even black holes eventually run out of matter to feast on, and boil away into nothingness. even black holes cant escape the end. whats a man to do?

i can understand why philosophers go insane.

blah. stupid rant. i dont care what any of you make of it.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Don't worry man I feel exactly the same as you alot of the time, but I try not to think about it as I can feel myself going insane. Trust me you're not alone. I suppose the right idea would be to try and create heaven right here right now on Earth, but that's never going to happen as long as we sit back and let corrupt governments dictate our lives.

Have you ever seen Brazil by Terry Gilliam? If you haven't check it out, it's a great film that to me tackles these kinds of feelings.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
not to get on your case but can someone put this in the rant section at bts this is the kind of post i get pissed off and replyed to in simons post he made hey mods can you help out and clean out all the non related secret topics after all i paid out 3500 to see the secret forum with not ats/bts cheers

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
heya dickweed. not to get on YOUR case, but who are you to talk about whats being posted here. i dont see you posting anything of worth, so please, sit down.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Evidently it suckes for you. Maybe it's time to 'check yourself' Look at what you write, take a look at what you say all against God and His planet and children. Why? Why then would someones "universe suck when they think in this manner?"

I have faith in God. I love God and the earth, it does not "suck" for me. And my life is no better or worse then my neighbors.

The universe "sucks" because of the evil that is wreaking havoc in it. Don't let it wreak havoc on you.

Explain to me what your title and signature means to you.
Mags

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
ohhh names now you know werethis belongs its not a secret so sit down n shut up

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
please dont assume everyone applies to the same belief system as you. its not too keen. im not saying i dont believe, and im not saying i do. i dont know, but please dont act as if the existance of god is a quantifiable notion.

now, your requests; my title was just a phrase i thought up at the time. it suits my name, does it not? my signature is a small part of a larger piece;

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

i had hoped you would have known where that came from... oh well.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
wtf are you talking about willis oh my belief system is that this belongs in bts end of

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am not "assuming" a thing. You posted your thoughts and I simply posted mine. I asked you 2 questions before assuming. I'm not your judge and you are certainly free like everyone else to place your thoughts in this website and wherever else you may choose.

Magestica

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
seven get out of my thread. i was talking to magestica. you are a useless inbred incapable of tolerating a bit of flame over something you shouldnt have stuck your halfwit nose in to begin with. now take your sorry ass out of here, because youre not worth the electricity i am using to view your pitiful attempts at the english language. go read a book, if you can.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
youll have to pardon magestica, but it did come off as if you were trying to toss the god-rap again. my appologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Really Above Top Secret
The Secret, Private Forum For Website Insiders, Serious Conspiracy Researchers, And Other Really Secret Stuff. (Costs 3,500 ATS Points)

Rant
Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
seven. YOU ARE NOT A CAUSE OF CHANGE IN THE RATS FORUM. therefore, you CANNOT hypocritically try to enforce a twisted sense of 'holier-than-thou' on me. get the hell out.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I might not be able to change this thread but the mods can and hopefully this will be put in the right place- oh and what ever you're smoking, can I have some too!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
im reminded of the advice i recieved so long ago...
never argue with an idiot...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He who calls another man a fool is in danger of hellfire and damnation

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

seven get out of my thread. i was talking to magestica. you are a useless inbred incapable of tolerating a bit of flame over something you shouldnt have stuck your halfwit nose in to begin with. now take your sorry ass out of here, because youre not worth the electricity i am using to view your pitiful attempts at the english language. go read a book, if you can.

heya dickweed. not to get on YOUR case, but who are you to talk about whats being posted here. i dont see you posting anything of worth, so please, sit down.

Warnings:
If you engage in abusive behavior, or otherwise engage in activity that conflicts with our Terms and Conditions, you may receive a warning from forum staff. Warnings last 72 hours, and always are accompanied by a points penalty. If you accumulate 5 active warnings, you will automatically receive a temporary posting ban

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
quit quoting the rules you have no authority to enforce, nor mental capacity to comprehend. no one cares about your whining. no one forced you to read my thread, and no one wants you to continue. dont like what i have to say? dont read it. dont like my attitude towards the scum of the barrel such as yourself? cry. dont like the way a sniveller such as yourself is treated? hit puberty someday, lose the 'everyones gotta listen to me because im a big man' half-cocked egotrip. its amazing how someone can stand up to another person over the internet so freely, and were this a real life altercation i would be currently scraping your remains into a biggie-size wendy's cup. dont put your little nose where it doesnt belong, and it wont get hurt. until you can wise up and stop trying to be what you arent, and never will be, an authority on these boards, refrain from posting in my threads, as it will be considered harassment.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on RATS.

And I thought you were allowed to post anything there that you didn't want the entire public to know.

I'll be sure to not waste my points & time there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join