It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Talk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wanted to spell it like the Mike Myers character said it on SNL but it looked stupid.

Mmmmmm coffee...

Love it, hate it? Can't live without it, can't stand it?

What do you think of coffee?

What are your favorite roasts?

Do you like flavored coffee or flavored creamer?

Pot, percolator, caffetiere or instant?

How do you drink yours, and what do you like to have with it?

I love coffee. I had my first cup at 22, a double espresso. I was seeing trails. I knew I was onto a good thing. I can't start my day without at least one cup, and may have two in the morning, sometimes one in the afternoon.

My default coffee is french roast. But the Road Warrior blend they used to have at Whole Foods is a guilty pleasure I splurge on once in a great while. It's the smoothest of the dark roasts.

I don't like my coffee to come flavored. It's always an unpleasant shock to me. If I want to flavor my coffee, I'll do it myself with ...

Ovaltine (a tablespoon per cup for a homemade mocha). I also sometimes use French Vanilla creamer. But I can't stand amaretto or any of the other creamer flavors.

I have a 10-cup pot with a timer but I'm too tired to bother with grinding beans these days so I've been "making do" with Nescafe. The Ovaltine makes it tolerable. It's not great, but I've had worse.

One tablespoon Nescafe
One tablespoon Ovaltine
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup half & half or milk
add boiling water

Chocolate and coffee are made for each other. Pecan pie does well too, as well as apple danish. But usually I can't eat when I first wake up, so I don't have anything with my coffee but attitude.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In the 7/11s around here they have these machines that say "Cappuccino"
really though It's some kind of plastic fat sugar that comes in some of the most appealing flavors, like peanut butter cookie and horchata.

In the morning on my way to the Post Office, I like to get one, mixed about 2/3rds from the urn and 1/3rd from the machine.

If you drink just straight "cappuccino" some have been known to get diarrhea.

At home I just usually make and buy whatever's on sale.

don't get me started on Starbucks..........

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I drink coffee everyday and may go the odd day without it. I'll make a pot in the morning and have 2-3 coffees and a lot of the time I'll have a couple in the afternoon too. I drink it either black or with cream, never with sugar (never liked suger in coffee). I like the dark roasts. Man, coffee is great.

-tts

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok my husband would drink 'nothing' else but coffee if I would allow it. That said I LOVE coffee. I have arthritis tho so I have to be careful with the type I drink. I have found that Starbucks espresso blend works fine for me. I like 3 scoops in our 10 cup drip maker. I prefeer percolated coffe, it just makes the house smell so good. But I have to be honest we have a coffee poltergeist at our house and we go thru at least 2 or 3 coffeee makers a year. No matter what type we buy it always quits within a couple of months. Most generally within days and then my husband the tinkerer will take out the buttons or what ever and so you have to just plug and unplug.
. I have video of my then 6 year old son at the holidays, learning to make me an espresso. He's so cute and now every once in a while he loves to make me one. I even like coffee drinks like coffee and baileys irish cream. Great at the holidays. Oh and I like my coffee with ovaltine too! Today I am drinking it with nestles instant hot coco mix, as a matter of fact I am ready for a refill! Have a great morning! And I raise my cup to you for this great thread!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was practically raised on coffee. I probably drink 6-8 cups a day, on average, but if I skip a few days, no problems.

I buy Maxwell House French Roast for the house, for weekends. Cheap Black & Decker drip coffeemaker. The current one's about 10 years old.

At work, the coffee service delivers Folger's which I drink throughout the day. Since it's free, I don't kick.

Starbucks? Not me. Way too expensive, and I'm not into "coffee drinks".

In the winter, one of my favorite after dinner treats is a cup of good black coffee and a snifter of Grand Mariner.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
a double espresso.

My default drink if I visit Starbucks. Usually I'll enjoy most coffee if it's not watered down too much. My favorites have to be Starbuck's Italian Roast and Sumatra. After that just about anyone's espresso or French roast, preferably whole bean. I love the aroma of freshly ground coffee beans so much that my coffee maker has a built in grinder. Add a little bit of milk and it's perfect.

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
I like the dark roasts.

Dark roasted coffee is the best. No doubt. Some of the lighter roasts are too bitter.

[edit on 18-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You have to be careful which dark roasts you get. If they roast it too quickly it tastes burned. That's why I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks, it tastes burned to me. If I'm going to go with commercial coffeehouse coffee, it has to be Peet's.

Some of the best coffee I've had in small coffee shops was in the Netherlands. Rich but not too bitter, and served with the most delectable little cookies with a hint of cinnamon. A close American cookie is the Cafe Cookie, which are also being sold by Girl Scouts.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I can't stand coffee for some reason. I drink soda in the mornings like most people drink coffee.

So my choice would be either soda, or green tea. I can stand cappuccino once in a while, but it has to be some weird chocolatey flavor.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I love coffee! I love my coffee. I'm wierd about my coffee.Lol

Maxwell house french roast. I like it strong - like it could almost get up and make itself strong. Then cream it up with coffee mate. Any coffee maker will do - the faster the better. Percolated in my opinion is the ultimate cup of coffee.

I like some in the morning, I like some in the evening. I can not stand milk in my coffee - I'll drink it black first.

I can drink Columbian coffee and sometimes do for a change, but always go back to French roast.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I love having my coffee every morning but have had to switch to decaf- I was getting addicted to the caffeine and waking up with headaches that would not go away until my I had my first cup. But I still love drinking it every morning with a little bit of milk and some sweet and low to make it a but sweet.

I'm not a big fan of Starbucks- it's too acidic for me and even the decaf has more caffeine in it than regular coffee from other places.

My very favorite is a southern pecan blend from a local coffee shop near me in DC. But they have not been carrying it as much so I think I will need to find a new favorite.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
its a farmers union ICED coffee, or its nothing!

now in strong or light flavours too, but the original is still best :w:

it was made a south aussie heritage icon about 10 years ago, along with the rotary clothes line and fold up card tables

www.farmersunion.com.au

Farmers Union Iced Coffee is Australia’s largest selling flavoured milk*.
Each year, Australian flavoured milk drinkers consume in excess of 22,000,000 litres of Farmers Union Iced coffee!**

Farmers Union Iced Coffee is made with real coffee and reduced fat milk and comes in a variety of ready to drink and take home packages. First launched in 1977, the brand has reached icon status in South Australia and is now also available in Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales, Northern Territory and Queensland.

not bad considering theres only 21million aussies, thats a bit over 1 litre for every aussie

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

:w:iyep iced coffee is the greatest . I dont go a day without it and if i do i double up accounting for the day that i missed.Still making its way interstate some places have it some dont.Victoria and N.T probably have the most accessability to our godly drink and they should be counting their lucky stars that we have allowed them this once in a lifetime drink.S.A's iced coffee is nearly better than sex , nearly!!!
iced coffee or iced godley you be the judge.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
CAWFEE!! Love love love it !! I dont think there is a better aroma in the world!

Instead of buying the Starbucks beans, ( $$$$ ) i have discovered that the Kirkland brand at Costco states on some of their bags that their beans are roasted by Starbucks. I have been buying the Colombian beans and grind them right before i put up a pot.

I sometimes use a french press, or perk it but generally I use my automatic drip .

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
About 6-cups-a-dayer here... since I was 15 or so... and dear God i love chocolotte expresso beans... hehe, if it was classed a drug you'd have to get me on 'intervention.'

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
At my local 7/11 the coffee flavor of the month is Reese's Peanut butter cups from the cappuccino machine. Half PB and half jolt coffee is the way to start the day. I can't stop talking!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I drink tea mostly, but I do like the occasional cup of coffee. When I do indulge, I prefer Ethiopian coffee. If I'm out and about and I need a really good pick me up, I just goto one of the Ethiopian coffee shops around here. It really changed my taste in coffee after I experienced the bean, their roast, and the Ethiopian coffee ceremony. Its to the point where for in home, I try to at least get decent arabica beans. If I can get my hands on Sidamo, Yirgacheffe, or Harrar beans, I'm really happy. There are some other regional products I want to get around to trying someday. Talking about it made me want to skip my usually teas for today and have some coffee.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One thing I can't live without. A good cup of joe.

At home, we're sticklers for Folgers. That's the hubbys preferance anyway. I'm still saving up for the perfect espresso machine at the moment.

Myself - I prefer something a little more decadant - the Vietnamese Iced Coffee. Pure bliss - if you can find a place that makes them.

It's the best espresso drink I've ever had, and I've only found it in San Diego and a little cafe in Austin, Texas.

Thank heavens I'm a barista!

Recipe: Fill a medium size glass with about an inch of SWEETENED condensed milk - add ice - add two shots of espresso (dark roast).

Stir. Sip. Savor.

Sweet and decadant, and kicks the tar out of anything the Bucks has on the menu.

Heaven. Pure heaven.

[edit on 9/24/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
melbourne in Oz is pretty much the coffee capital
we love out coffee houses and are dam proud of what they produce!

so, my fave is a soy latte with 1 sugar
fave brand....Vittoria
have cut down to 2 a day....yep i'm feelin 'beeped"

dont go to starbucks, coffee bean ectect because well...their shiite!
if your going to drink it it has to be the real deal (sorry thats the melbournian coffee connoisseur comming out of me)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012
melbourne in Oz is pretty much the coffee capital
we love out coffee houses and are dam proud of what they produce!

so, my fave is a soy latte with 1 sugar
fave brand....Vittoria
have cut down to 2 a day....yep i'm feelin 'beeped"

dont go to starbucks, coffee bean ectect because well...their shiite!
if your going to drink it it has to be the real deal (sorry thats the melbournian coffee connoisseur comming out of me)

I couldn't agree more! I am a Melbournian and have traveled the world and NOBODY does coffee like we do

Farmer's Union ice coffee is awesome too Obliv_au I miss it so and am looking forward to my next one when I get home

I like coffee, I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it but i do enjoy a good coffee, I will usually have one or two cups in the am but that is all.

I like it strong so Colombian or Dark French Roast's are my favorites, I also enjoy Ethiopian and Arabian blends.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've drank coffee since I was five or six years old, helped me get out of bed and go to work with my dad.
I like it strong, generally with a extra scoop of ground beans. Really like the dark Roast from Folgers.
I like it to with a little bit of vanilla flavoring, and lots of condensed milk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join