It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey bees are vanishing all over the U.S.! Where did they go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Honey Bees are disappearing all over the United States. This is effecting a lot of the food produce associated with pollination.

What is going on?

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well some say its the genetically modified plants such as corn causing this. Another theory is all the cell phone use is messing with their navigation capabilities. Myself, I don't have a clue but I would like to find out thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Albert Einstein once predicted that if bees were to disappear, man would follow only a few years later!

There are 130,000 plants for which bees are essential to pollination.

Beekeepers are reporting losses all over the world! Beekeepers in Northern Croatia have estimated that 5 million bees had died in just 48 hours of time.

viewzone.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Already several threads on this topic. Start here www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Is a Montauk/government experiment the cause for animals and insects to loose their instinctive/psychic abilities?

Or, are all of them flying to the source of the experiment? If so, then this will be proof that man has now discovered how to control these animals and insects to go where we want them to go.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This has been a topic of discussion for a short while now and I read along with interest but never really had reason to notice it until this past weekend. I was at my parents place and they have a large back yard where the kids all run around. They've always had a small bee problem. When we eat outside there's always a half dozen or more bees flying around, driving everyone crazy.

This weekend, on Saturday, I had my kids on the swings and there was one bee. It was huge. It was buzzing around, freaking all the kids out. Everyone was saying kill it. I managed to drop a towel over it and get it moved without killing it. My family was stunned as I am a huge sissy when it comes to bugs. I hate em. Kill them whenever I can but I'm totally creeped out by them. They asked why I didn't just kill it and I explained that the world is losing the bees and I wouldn't directly kill on if I didn't have to.

the following day we had a huge lunch outside. Lobsters, steamers, etc. The food was set out on huge trays across two tables. Not one bee came along. None. Towards the end of the meal my dad leaned over to me and said "no bees huh?" Sometimes it doesn't sink in until you experience it. While the bees were always a nuisance, it was suddenly a bit scary to realize that they could be eradicated over the course of one year.

Now we're hoping they come back and sting us and annoy us again.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The creatures that usually bother us outside in the summer are yellow jackets which are actually a wasp. I'd have to say I don't recall ever being bothered by honeybees at a gathering outside. I haven't noticed many honeybees on the flowers around the house this year, for sure.

I've seen plenty of bumblebees though. The big, fat yellow and black bees seem to not be in short supply, at least in my area. Bumblebees are good pollinators, but not honey producers, so they're not traditionally kept in apiaries.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We still have bees around our house but not as many as last year. I've seen very few yellow jackets at work. Usually we tower officers have to retreat inside as the towers are swarmed in the afternoon; literally hundred of them. Hasn't happened yet this year. The bee keepers in this area report their bees are still healthy.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The creatures that usually bother us outside in the summer are yellow jackets which are actually a wasp.

yeah, it's usually yellow jackets but they're gone too (at the house at least).

the one I did see (and move) was a big giant fat bee. like a golf ball.

makes my skin crawl thinking about it

top topics

join