It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get money out of the bank without my card?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I live in the UK and today, a lovely ATM swallowed my card! I need money, but how do I get it out? Do I need to take something like my Pay-in book and my Passport? I'm with HSBC, I've ordered a new card but obvioulsy I'm stuck until then :S

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Can't you just write a check to yourself or to cash? That's what I'd do in the U.S., but I don't know how British banks work.

I imagine they'd figure out something if you go inside on Monday.

SR

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you aint got a cheque book or other card to use mate then your stuck. This happened to me but on a friday before so i went in and told them and they managed to sort me out and it's happened to my mates before and they have had to wait a few days for a new card and just use there pay in book and ID to withdraw money from the bank and scrounge.

I don't understand why it happens when my card was taken it was because supposedly irregular transactions had been occuring on it but nothing dodgy came up on the statements. Sometimes it's cause of magnetic strip damage so they think the card is a fake or something or maybe it's cause of typing in your pin number incorrect too many times.

Theres like cash generators where they'll cash your cheques in for you on the day so if you have a trust worthy mate or family member who will lend you the money get them to write a cheque for how much you need and go down to one of these places and they'll cash it in....

'After' they take down that persons phone number and address and some of your details like National Insurance etc. so they don't get scammed by people trying to bounce dodgy cheques they usally just ring the person sometimes to make sure if it's all above board.

If all else fails time to sell some things down at a pawn shop or something tommorow morning

I hope it works out.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
I live in the UK and today, a lovely ATM swallowed my card! I need money, but how do I get it out? Do I need to take something like my Pay-in book and my Passport? I'm with HSBC, I've ordered a new card but obvioulsy I'm stuck until then :S

simple just take in some ID
talk to the staff there and you can get money out

im with HSBC as well

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Fork life truck and a 7 tonne flatbed oughtta get the machine that nabbed your card and any money that happens to come out with it.

Finders Keepers!!

new topics

top topics

join