It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog winked at me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think this thread is cute not bizarre. A little break from the usual heavyness is good for us all. I love to laugh and sometimes posts like these are just healthy for my soul1

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Have you heard a Dog cry with joy ?

I have twice. The first time was when my late Mum came back from 6 weeks overseas.

The second was when I picked up my Ridgeback from a boarding kennel after I had to go interstate for a week.

Our beloved pets are truly intelligent and emotional.

sanc

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dogs are an intellegent pet when properly motivated. All I have to do is sit down, call one of my dogs over (a Boarder Colie) and make a certian gesture, and it will open the fridge with it's nose(had to lossen it a bit) and fetch me a beer. If that doesn't show intellegence, and loyalty, i dunno what does.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think we don't really and can never really tell how smart animals are. Sure we could test their memory with colours and shapes but does that really mean they have a understanding on life? Take Coco the Gorilla for example, Coco could fully explain what feelings were felt using sign language. How do we know animals all don't have their own thought process in their own language in their heads, kind of like when your minds voice speaks to you..... If you dont understand just examine your pet for a bit, watch their movements and reactions to things.... Personally I think cats are more aware and unpredictable!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have land hermit crabs and they don't wink
I've never seen my dog wink. I do however have a Chi that tries to talk, especially when she wants food we have.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I was watching TV and I noticed my dog was staring at me, when I looked at him he winked at me.lol.
Anyway I was just wondering if anybody thinks maybe animals are more aware than people think they are. I look at him sometimes and I swear there is a human in there somewhere. Like a reincarnation thing or something.
He just looks like he is trying to communicate something to me sometimes.

My dog has never winked at me, but she does smile at me when i pull up in the drive way, and when i come home she just starts crying, i think shes just so happy to see me, she hates being by herself, and shes extremely loyal to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have to try to get my dog to wink at me...

But anyways, I definitely believe that dogs and cats are very intelligent. My dog understands what I am saying to him irregardless of the language that I use. I decided once to train him to understand people saying things in English, Japanese, French, Italian and Russian. And then I went one step further and talked to him in the languages. He understood my natural language stuff along with the more directed commands.

Why do I say he understands what I am saying? He is a smart alek more than just plain smart. He knows how to open doors, open cans and bottles, use the toilet, use the sink, looks shocked any time I tell him I'm gonna take him to the vet to get him neutered (wide eyes and all), can take apart food and remove whatever he is allergic to - and then put it back together again before eating it, watches Scooby Doo and SuperDog, ignores Lassie and RinTinTin and other shows with dogs on it - actually turns his back on those shows when they come on, and occasionaly likes to watch the Sienfeld Show and Jerry Springer.

Gak, there is soo much more he does too, I just remember a whole other ton of stuff... like he rings a bell when his dog dish is empty - he found a bell and rang it - I have no clue where he found the thing - I never even knew I had it.

Yeah, I believe they are much smarter than what we tend to believe. But they are also very emotional. I say the best way to put it is a 4 to 6 year old kid vying for your attention, but a 4 to 6 year old kid with a near 200 IQ.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was really sick this past weekend, and pretty much stayed in bed for 3 days straight. Well our dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, came and laid in bed with me for the vast majority of the time. This may not seem unusual but this dog never, ever leaves my wifes side for more than 5 minutes. My wife would be downstairs and I was upstairs in bed and the dog just laid there with me, always sure that she was somehow touching me. I thought that was pretty wild....

Oh yeah, she winks at me all the time too...i just think thats something that they do.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My sister and brother-in-law had a large red dog for many years. One day my brother-in-law was outside with the dog. My brother-in-law was busy doing something and he said he turned around and saw the dog walking down the driveway towards the road so he called out to him to come back .
The dog stopped, turned his head to look back at my brother-in-law and smiled a big smile , showing all of his teeth. That dog took off and ran out of the yard so fast no one could catch him and they never saw him again. They searched the whole neighborhood and even went to the animal shelter hoping someone had found him. They posted "lost" flyers everywhere but he never came home.
My sister and brother-in-law still say to this day that when the dog smiled he was saying good-bye.
He was a much loved pet but for some reason he felt it was his time to go.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Myabe your dog wants to take your relationship to the next level!!

I had 20 points deducted for this one liner on this thread.

Now thinking about it, I would like to redeam my self. I had a parrot (a gray) who bonded with me, if any one has had an itelligent bird bond and tried to be intimate with others they will know the trouble this causes, you should respect all hookbills simply cause of the injuries they can inflict, an over proctective gray can be very scary (Luckely I just had a proctive Gray!)

I've also allways had female dog's and cat's since I was a kid, i'm male by the way, any one who has had a real good scratching session with either a cat or dog of either sex will know that you often have to put them in their place - so to speak (stop doin that to my leg / get your ass out of my face)

Can I have my 20 points back?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Now_Then,

That was so funny..lol

Don't feel bad about the points...I'll give you 20 of mine....lol

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We're pretty convinced that one of our dogs is an "entity". There's just something behind the eyes that says, "There's more than dog here." Kind of like a 8000-year-old "being" trapped in a dog's body. Can you guess which dog it is?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All of your dogs have beautiful mysterious eyes
but I think it's the second one. Taia or Jaia?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
We're pretty convinced that one of our dogs is an "entity". There's just something behind the eyes that says, "There's more than dog here." Kind of like a 8000-year-old "being" trapped in a dog's body. Can you guess which dog it is?

just guessing here...second one down, jaia

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
He (Jaia) does have great eyes, but it's Cara.

Jaia has winked at me, though.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
All of your dogs have beautiful mysterious eyes
but I think it's the second one. Taia or Jaia?

Thats interesting why did you pick the secong one?
Im not sure why I did, just look like an old stare.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This pic of Cara shows her eyes better.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack!

Back to winking dogs.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Common Ocular Disorders In Puppies (from link )

1.Entropion… inward folding of an eyelid where lid hairs contact the cornea (Shar Pei, Cocker Spaniel, Rottweiler, Labrador Retriever, etc.)
2. Cherry Eye… prolapsed gland of the third eyelid. (Bulldogs, Cocker Spaniels, Poodles, etc.) (See photo: Cherry Eye)
3. Ectopic Cilia… an abnormal eyelash that grows through the conjunctiva and is usually very painful and almost always causes an ulcer. (See Photo: Corneal Ulcer)
4. Distichiasis… abnormal position of eyelashes on a lid margin that result in irritation of the eye.
5. Dermoid…congenital defect where haired skin is located in an abnormal place on an eye and will often irritate the cornea and can cause ulcers.
6. Cataracts… opacity of the lens. Inherited cataracts can often appear in young dogs, in most cases a veterinarian or veterinary ophthalmologist will have to make this diagnosis; owners are often unaware of small focal cataracts. There are also late onset cataracts that may not show up until middle or older age.
7. Follicular Conjunctivitis… itchy, reddened conjunctival tissues, tearing, squinting, often related to allergies.
8. Puppy Pyoderma or Puppy Strangles… eyelid abscesses associated with generalized skin pustules.
9. Dry Eye (Keratoconjunctivitis sicca or KCS)… lack of or inadequate production of tears. Sometimes this can be congenital in which case it is often very serious. Pug, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu are some of the breeds that may be born with dry eyes.

I myself suffer from Keratoconus , from the age of about 13 I did not know if i'd be blind as an adult or not. Scared for life!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Common Ocular Disorders In Puppies (from link )

1.Entropion… inward folding of an eyelid where lid hairs contact the cornea (Shar Pei, Cocker Spaniel, Rottweiler, Labrador Retriever, etc.)
2. Cherry Eye… prolapsed gland of the third eyelid. (Bulldogs, Cocker Spaniels, Poodles, etc.) (See photo: Cherry Eye)
3. Ectopic Cilia… an abnormal eyelash that grows through the conjunctiva and is usually very painful and almost always causes an ulcer. (See Photo: Corneal Ulcer)
4. Distichiasis… abnormal position of eyelashes on a lid margin that result in irritation of the eye.
5. Dermoid…congenital defect where haired skin is located in an abnormal place on an eye and will often irritate the cornea and can cause ulcers.
6. Cataracts… opacity of the lens. Inherited cataracts can often appear in young dogs, in most cases a veterinarian or veterinary ophthalmologist will have to make this diagnosis; owners are often unaware of small focal cataracts. There are also late onset cataracts that may not show up until middle or older age.
7. Follicular Conjunctivitis… itchy, reddened conjunctival tissues, tearing, squinting, often related to allergies.
8. Puppy Pyoderma or Puppy Strangles… eyelid abscesses associated with generalized skin pustules.
9. Dry Eye (Keratoconjunctivitis sicca or KCS)… lack of or inadequate production of tears. Sometimes this can be congenital in which case it is often very serious. Pug, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu are some of the breeds that may be born with dry eyes.

I myself suffer from Keratoconus , from the age of about 13 I did not know if i'd be blind as an adult or not. Scared for life!!

My German S. is young and healthy, regular vet checks, nothing is wrong with his eyelids.
This isnt something he does on a regular basis he may have done it only twice that I know of. But the way he did it I swear there was a soul inside him, I cant explain kinda like if a human winked at you.

<< 1   >>

join