My Dog winked at me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was watching TV and I noticed my dog was staring at me, when I looked at him he winked at me.lol.
Anyway I was just wondering if anybody thinks maybe animals are more aware than people think they are. I look at him sometimes and I swear there is a human in there somewhere. Like a reincarnation thing or something.
He just looks like he is trying to communicate something to me sometimes.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Probably something in it's eye? Dogs do it all the time.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My dog used to do the same thing to me. Then I found out it has a blockage in one of its tear ducts. I have to put drops in his eye every couple of hours now.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Could you clearly tell it was just one eye? Its an indication of submission when dogs wink both eyes in your direction.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Could you clearly tell it was just one eye? Its an indication of submission when dogs wink both eyes in your direction.

I caught him staring at me so I stared back at him and then with one eye he just winked at me. It was kinda funny I guess but I swear he was trying to communicate.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
if you stare at your dog and start winking at him.. eventually he/she will wink back at you/

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Myabe your dog wants to take your relationship to the next level!!

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I was watching TV and I noticed my dog was staring at me, when I looked at him he winked at me.lol.
Anyway I was just wondering if anybody thinks maybe animals are more aware than people think they are. I look at him sometimes and I swear there is a human in there somewhere. Like a reincarnation thing or something.
He just looks like he is trying to communicate something to me sometimes.

Nah its just that animals like dog and cats, are more clever and emotional than a lot of people think, they are so human in the emotional way that its amazing, thats why I hate animal cruelty, do they think that just because they cant read and write, that they are so low, that they can abuse them however they like, dog and cats are very emotional creatures, thats why I love them.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 17-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am VERY close to all of my pets and they ALL wink at me from time to time. If I wink first they always wink back. Period.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Dogs are amazing creatures, as i am typing this my big coonhound mix and my best friend in the world is laying under my desk shaking and drooling, this means one thing...THUNDER. But it is not storming within 100 miles of our house, she will start with the shaking when the thunderstorms are halfway across the state, can she hear it, smell it, or feel the inevitable pressure changes? I Have no idea

one of my dogs will wink at me while he cocks his head to the side and then he slaps a paw down on the floor and will often then either do the happy butt tuck run laps around the room or he will do a giant play bow and start talking making these silly woo woo wiiaaa sounds.

He is a husky and the strangest dog i have ever had, he is so cat like and wolf like and not at all like the goofy houndog mixes i have always had.
He arches his back and rubs against you like a cat, moves his ears all over like a cat, talks and howls constantly but has never truly barked, his body posturing is much more exxagerated and his sense of pack order runs deep compared to the other 2 dogs. He also is much more sensitive to correction while giving a rats fanny about doing what we ask him to do.
I have wondered if he maybe has a little something extra floating around in his gene pool but he looks to be a pure husky

I have always felt my dogs emotions, their depth of friendship and loyalty and their ability to comprehend the world around them by observation, interaction and careful thought
But until we got this icey blue eyed husky i never realized the true depth of their emotion and intelligence, His light colored eyes reveal so much to me and are startling in their ability to convey emotion and intelligence

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
if you stare at your dog and start winking at him.. eventually he/she will wink back at you/

Just for the record ive never winked at my male German Shepherd.
And it is very surprising how inteligent these animales are.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's when he gives you the finger that you should be worried.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Right now I'm sitting at the computer while my two greyhounds are sprawled out on my bed behind me. One of my dogs winks at me quite a bit, but I'm not so sure she's even doing it. She is a really vocal dog, even though most greyhounds are quiet and seldom bark. She is constantly whining for attention.

I've only had greyhounds except for one golden retriever, but she passed away. She was literally my best friend and far smarter than my dim whitted greyhounds! But I love my hounds regardless of their stupidity. They truly mean the world to me and I spoil them like crazy. It's funny because I actually treat them like humans sometimes. If they are on the couch I will do whatever I can to avoid moving them out of the way and making them feel uncomfortable. And I know I shouldn't do it because it's not good for maintaining law and order around here! But I love them too much to be hard on them.

Anyway, I think just about every animal I have has winked at me at one point or another. I really don't think there's anything to it because they don't know what winking means to humans. Now I've got to go get my dogs out of the bed so I can sleep!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Doga and cats are amazing creature. They can show a wide range of emotions, they can smile, be sad, embaresed, ashamed, guilty. We have a Jack Russel and she is very smart. She can do so many things, she can understand things we say to her, and she reacts too.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
you would be suprised at the amount of animals that will wink back at you if you persistantly and deliberatly wink at them. just because they can't talk doesn't mean they can't communicate and as most animals observe more than we do then doing a deliberate action which they can also do back is much better than trying to talk to an animal that can't talk back to you vocally.

several of my cats wink, and i also trained an eagle-eared owl and a pangasius fish to wink back. amazingly though, after a few months of teaching the pangasius, one of my 3 plecostomus fish winked at me of its own accord one day when i looked at it once and it winks regularly at me when i'm watching it in the tank. it hangs around the same area as the pangasius and must have been observing me wink!

if you have any animals then try it but don't expect instant results. it can takes months before an animal may wink back at you but persistance can pay off

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Animals are people, just like us. They have different wants and don't care about the trivia we're into. Shame they have very little, or no control of their own lives on this planet. ps I've a psychic link to my rabbit, and my cat came to see me during his near death experience, just to say goodbye I think.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
lmao, what a bizarre thread...

I have to admit I wink at my cat when he winks at me though. I don't know if there's anything to it besides something in the eye, but it sure is cute.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
IMHO ......your dog winked at you...yes i said it he winked...my dog does it all the time....people are gunna have a hard time taking it as a wink, but seriously dogs are so much more aware of things than we think

and i wont lie WIERD THREAD

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
IMHO ......your dog winked at you...yes i said it he winked...my dog does it all the time....people are gunna have a hard time taking it as a wink, but seriously dogs are so much more aware of things than we think

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soul_Contagious

Animales are very aware and yes it was a wink, thankyou Soul.

There was nothing in his eye and I didnt train him to wink. Ive never winked at him.
He was just staring at me while I watched TV and when I looked at him he winked at me. He has done it a couple of times so it wasnt a fluke.
I swear he was trying to communicate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join