It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(I Mean You!) You Cannot Be A Christian!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think this is sooo misunderstood, christianity is not being a better

person, the fruits of the Spirit are just that....HIS FRUIT. It is not obeying

the commandments, going to church, bible study, prayer, fasting, or

following rules....

TRUE Christianity is ONE thing and one thing alone, you lay down your life,

(thoughts, desires, intentions, motives, or needs)...You die, and let

another live...Christ in you....IF NOT THIS, then your Christianity is fake,

I'm not blaming you, just trying to inform you, for your sake. The

Christian life is hidden and secret, (the kingdom is within you, it is not

your kingdom, and the king who rules there wants to be heard, he speaks

and man shall not live by bread alone...

Mod edit: No All CAPS in titles, please

[edit on 2007/6/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I consider myself a true Christian. I don't press it on anyone or hide myself behind churches or the bible. I simply want to spread goodwill and make the world a better place.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
rodandlana, that is YOUR view of what it means to be a true christian. there are many different interpretations as to what it means to be a true christian

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Your view, my view...Who cares, its Jesus's view you need to worry about..."Search the scriptures, see if I'm wrong" Men make religion, God makes relationships with people... He died for you, not a religious system, which we have created and now call it christianity.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodandlana
Your view, my view...Who cares, its Jesus's view you need to worry about..."Search the scriptures, see if I'm wrong" Men make religion, God makes relationships with people... He died for you, not a religious system, which we have created and now call it christianity.

But your still a christian if you follow "jesus"

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodandlana

well, which teachings of jesus? the christian version or the muslim version? and honestly, none of that stuff is direct quotation, such a feat would be impossible 40 years after the supposed death of the supposed figure

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There are many things to have to do to be a true Christain. Yes the old one dies and the new one is born. But the new one born has a personal relationship with God, to do that you have to talk to God(you Pray) And you let God talk to you (through the bible to which he brought to you)

"Faith without work mean nothing" You can believe in God and Jesus all you want but if your not working for the family your not doing anything.

Change is not the only steps to which you must take. Change your moral way of life, Change to be a better person. But you must work and have faith, a relationship with God. Remember you are a temple of God to which he gives a holy spirit too. You must live the life to which he gave you the right way. When a soul can be talk to talk about the way of life.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
I consider myself a true Christian. I don't press it on anyone or hide myself behind churches or the bible. I simply want to spread goodwill and make the world a better place.

I like this. If everone did one small thing a day to make their world a more peaceful place, it would happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, which teachings of jesus? the christian version or the muslim version?

Ah yes! Which one should we choose? The version written near 70 AD by individuals that actually knew Jesus personally or the version written 400 years later? Islam is just poor plagarism of Judiasm and Chrisianity.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
and honestly, none of that stuff is direct quotation, such a feat would be impossible 40 years after the supposed death of the supposed figure

That's assuming that they didn't write anything down when they first heard it. While it's true that the actual books weren't written until 10 - 40 years or so after Jesus' time the apostles were not prohibited from keeping personal notes on Jesus' teachings. See theapostlejohn.blogspot.com (just kidding) . I'm sure they referred to these when writing their books.

new topics

top topics

join