It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Iv'e got expanding foam all over me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
OMG! I have that expanding foam insulation all over my hands and stomach! My husband left yesterday ahead of me on vacation and the wall airconditioner started leaking down the wall so I went and got some expanding spray foam to fix the leak. Well it eneded up really expanding and next thing I knew it's all over me! Im in the kitchen washing it off my hands with warm soap and water and it's still expanding and getting VERY sticky. I tell my oldest son to read the instructions quickly and the first thing it says is DO NOT PUT WATER ON IT if you get it on your skin. Well now I have NO fingerprints or palm prints. My hands look horrible! I was just going to get my nails done and now you can't even see my nails, its awful looking. What do I do?????

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As a medical professional I would say do not seek medical advice on the internet, go to emergency.

you call the company, or visit their web page to see if there is any emergency information.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well, unless you have ingested the stuff, it is not life threatening (unless of course you would die to get your nails done).

But, it is nasty gummy stuff, and as it cures you can manually scrape most of it off. Some of it will stick to you and will come off during the course of naturally using and washing your hands, but expect to have it on you for at least a week. I wouldn't recommend anything other than soap and water (after it is dried) to try and wash it off, but it will take you some time.

The good news is, it ain't gonna kill ya.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord

do not seek medical advice on the internet, go to emergency.

I agree with this. Call a doctor or go to emergency

[edit on 2007/6/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks guys, I hope you didnt split a gut laughing at my stupidity
. I think I will try the website on the can and see what they say.
This is awful for sure and right when Im going on vacation and want my nails to look good. My hands look about 80 too...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Call your local poison control center or go to the emergency room.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ok of course the wwwaddy was covered in the junk, but I got to the site Touchnfoam.com and it looks like its too late for me. It is not harmful but will take time to come off a week or so... You guys are brilliant.
I guess I was just freaking when I logged on here. I think I will try the only suggestion for me and that is to put vasoline on real thick and then wear gloves for about an hour. As far as my stomach, well I am wearing a one piece. It does look like my skin is peeling up now, too bad its not halloween..

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Glad you are gonna be OK Antar.Chalk this up to a lesson well learned.Hey- try to have a good vacation despite the misshap.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi, just letting you know that my hands are still yucky looking, kind of embarrasing. Oh well if you ever get this stuff on your hands Do Not put water on them. Just clean it off with nail polish remover. everyonce in a while i get a big chip off my fingers. The stuff on my belly is off with a bit of skin. I wish it were winter and I could use gloves

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This reminds me of American Pie when he crazy glues his hands to his member. Just be glad you didn't do something like that!

new topics

top topics

join