It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist? HA how about Cult!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I did some digging here on Fred Phelps. He is a preacher- he did go to college for that but I'm surprised the Southern Baptists didn't take his certification away.

He's no angel. :shk:

en.wikipedia.org...

He has been arrested and disbarred...hmmmm

This is why people don't believe in God because of fanatics like him.

Heard of freedom of speech but geeze give me a break. If Fred hates America so much he's welcome to leave. Oh yes I'll be making some calls Monday.

More here-

www.apologeticsindex.org...

I should start a petition. (MM, Madness I might need your help here.)

Exile!!

[edit on 6/16/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
you know, that apologetics site says the teachings of phelps fall outside of the tradtional orthodox christian teachings... but not really. if you go back far enough it's quite clear that homosexuals were murdered and that a country suffering hardship was seen to be suffering at the hands of god. that was teached as orthodoxy for centuries...

now
Leyla, i don't think we can get the guy thrown out of the country. there doesn't seem to be any precedent or law on the books saying that we can exile him for what he's done.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Perhaps counter-protesters dressed in flaming drag would be effective.

It would certainly be interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well I emailed the Southern and the Kansas Baptist conventions. Exile certainly sounds nice. Is it against the law or something for a hate group to pose as a church?

If he can't be exiled he certainly should be banned from having a church.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Is it against the law or something for a hate group to pose as a church?

No, unfortunately it is not, since they can claim it is part of their religion.

On a side note, he could be arrested for inciting violence and for trespassing on
private property and disturbing the peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Well I emailed the Southern and the Kansas Baptist conventions. Exile certainly sounds nice. Is it against the law or something for a hate group to pose as a church?

There isn't a law against hate groups anyway, as long as they don't really cross the line into inciting violence. As much as I despise what this "church" teaches, I don't think they've done anything to make the group illegal yet.

[edit on 6/17/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Some of the members have been arrested. Several of them had to run from a mob May 21 2006.

en.wikipedia.org...

If they keep picketing US soldiers funerals they could create violence. They still have to obey the laws of the land. When they parade around and disregard the laws then thats trouble.

They know that their protected by the First admendment but then they speak out about America. Their not a religion all they are is hate mongels that twists the Bible.

They spoke out about 9-11 the Katrina disaster,they picket funerals of the soldiers, Ruth Graham, (Was on their website, don't know if they showed up or not) the miners, tried to picket the Amish girls that were killed.

[edit on 6/17/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think they're scum and so does just about everyone else except for themselves. However, their opinions are protected by the First Amendment.

The only real option is counter-protesting, in my own opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Check out Addicted to Hate, book about WBC and Fred Phelps. They wanted to remove it, even sued some people, but it's still online.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by sb2012]

new topics

top topics

join