It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong galaxy, I am afraid!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Our galaxy is not the Milky Way, but Sagittarius:

curezone.com...

abc.net.au...

Amazing! no sci-fi writer ever thought of this...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Make 'em say Huuhhhh? Na na na na, na na na na.

DISCOVERY OF NOVEMBER 30th 2006: The real reasons for both global warming and the ending of the Mayan calendar in 2012. We are part of a smaller galaxy that the Milky Way has put the 'come hither' on and we are just now coming down even with and going to actually turn and join with the spinning whirlpool Milky Way disc after some 2 billion years of circling around it at a near right angle as part of our parent galaxy called the Sagittarius Dwarf.

Makes sense. We are going to become parallel to the Milky Way's spin as opposed to our current 90 degree angle to it. All I knew what that we were going to be crossing its center soon. Maybe we'll get flipped 90 degrees in the opposite direction once we're on the other side.

[edit on 6/16/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
!!!!!!! This changes everything I ever thought. Man what a find! Why didn't we hear of this before? Or are they just now publishing their findings? Man what a mind ripper. My folks and I are sitting here in shock, (we're all space geeks). Think of all those books that'll need to be written all over again. Awesome find!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
thats not a new idea, galaxy collisions are real life events and not surprising we are part of one

either way we are now a part of the Orion arm of the Milky Way and will collide with Andromada in the future, billions of years of now....

just like our collision was billions of years in the past

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading your post, thanks for the clarification on a subject near and dear to me, "2012 and the comming Shift"

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow. I am kinda numb. I think I will await some of the smarter ATS members to come varify these new discoveries before I get too excited.

I am really looking forward to what people think about what's being implied in those articles. Not just the fact that we actually belong to another galaxy, what about the talk about it's link to global warming and geological change. They even suggested the higher amounts of energy we recieve as we merge further into the arm of the Miky Way, may be responsible for the diversity of life on Earth.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow cool news, Im very interested in space, and any news related to space, but im not very knowledgeable about it yet, haha, so is this article saying that we are going to join the milky way? and become part of it, its kind of confusing, you know the whole doing the splits thing??? could someone explain in a simple way. Am I making sense

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Totally mind boggling!!

The article suggests this is what the Mayan foresaw........How in the world??

Can we even imagine what may happen and how quickly?? Are there things already happening ( other than the warming it might cause)......earthquakes? Oddities in the Chandler Wobble?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Totally mind boggling!!

The article suggests this is what the Mayan foresaw........How in the world??

Can we even imagine what may happen and how quickly?? Are there things already happening ( other than the warming it might cause)......earthquakes? Oddities in the Chandler Wobble?

Yeah...I was thinking about that too. How the f could they have known something of this scale? Makes no sense to me. Perhaps it is only wishful thinking and making connections that aren't really there...but it's a bit difficult not to. Then again I should probably refresh my memory of what the Mayans actually charted out and see the exact correlations. If only I had the time to.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well we know the Mayans based their calendar on astronomical observations. We know the Mayans were very advanced in their astronomy. Their Long Count Calendar ends right around the apex of this merger. Their art even resembles galactic alignments.

But the past is not what interests me. I want to understand the merit behind this theory and its correlation to global weather and geological changes.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
From what I saw in the reading of the links, the person who wrote the blog at curezone added the Mayan and 2012 reference

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I must keep an eye on this. We need some other sources to come out and either confirm or deny the notion. If that should happen, then things could get really interesting. Either way though, it still means that we're now a member of the Milky Way, whether we like it or not, and have been for as long as life has existed on this planet. To say anything else would be erroneous.

For truth,
TheBorg

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Time doesn't really exist and everything that happened and will happen already happened, we are just living the experience of it.

There is only the infinity of eternity.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Definately very interesting... although the abc source and the nasa/university sources don't mention anything about us being apart of the dwarf galaxy...although they do say that the dwarf galaxy is going into a collision with the milky way (which they said could take up to a 100 million years).

I don't know how credible the guy who wrote the curezone report is, but he seems to have a very different perspective of the whole thing, in comparison to all other mainstream sources.

[edit on 17/6/07 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i, too, am questioning the validity of the "curezone" interpretation. the curezone link which is listed as the "supporting data" mentions nothing about our solar system being part of the saggitarius galaxy. still tho, my mouth was gaping while reading it.

the source article says:

Whenever possible, astronomers appeal to the principle that we are not at a special time or place in the universe....On the other hand, Majewski and his colleagues have been surprised by the Earth's proximity to a portion of the Sagittarius debris....Remarkably, stars from Sagittarius are now raining down onto our present position in the Milky Way. Stars from an alien galaxy are relatively near us.

when compared with the info from the ABC link about "the splits", it seems safe to say that at least the Sagittarius galaxy is having a powerful influence on our solar system.

can we really say more than that?

who, exactly, is Matthew Perkins Erwin (curezone author) to make such claims?

exciting, nevertheless...

dkp

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

DISCOVERY OF MAY 30th 2006: We are from another galaxy in the process of joining with the Milky Way. The Milky Way is actually not our parent galaxy. The mystery of why the Milky Way has always been sideways in the night sky has never been answered -- until now.

I do not think it was a “mystery“because - our solar system is in outer regions of Milky Way ( in smaller sprial arm - Orion Arm), 20 LY above equatorial symmetry plane and 28 000 LY from galactic center : so we see this luminous strip spanning around the sky along simmetry pane - “glactic equator“.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Yeah...I was thinking about that too. How the f could they have known something of this scale? Makes no sense to me. Perhaps it is only wishful thinking and making connections that aren't really there...but it's a bit difficult not to.

It makes sense if you entertain the idea that are current level of technology and wisdom is not as high as it has been in the past..that we are actually retracing our lost knowledge right now, back to the full level understanding of cosmic consciousness. Most people recognise that science needs to entertain some aspects of the metaphysical/spirituality in order for it to go anywhere, because it has reached a point where it is losing touch with its original goal.. to understand the building blocks of reality and ourselves, the purpose of life. No longer can we continue to divide reality into parts, but recognise the most fundamental truth, a truth any shaman or person whos seen the other side will tell you; That ALL of existence is interconnected, infinite and eternal. We are parts of the greater whole, and the whole itself. We are the creator and the created.

The most simple observation is the pyramids the Mayans (and Egyptians) built. These massive structures were built for a purpose, and they were built to last! The actual means of construction has always been a hot debate, but i will just come out and say it.. they were built and carved using sound. Why go to all that trouble when you have such a high level of technology? They are messages from the past, for ourselves in the future, to help us remember who we really are, and what is about to happen to our little planet.

Originally posted by laiguana
If only I had the time to..

Lol?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My mouth is gaping. If this is a true discovery and is factual.. I have. Uh...

Just... Uh... Wow.

Edit: Wow, the Mayan calendar could have predicted this? That'd make this whole thing even more amazing. It looks like Terence McKenna's theory has to have been right either which way. If you're not familiar:

Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which a great number of things could happen, including "hyperspatial breakthrough", planetesimal impact, alien contact, historical metamorphosis, metamorphosis of natural law, solar explosion, quasar ignition at the galactic core, or nothing.

Wow!

[edit on 17-6-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When these two galaxies decided to get it on, I hope they remembered to use protection.

Sex in the animal world, sex on TV... Now you can't even escape it on a starry night!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join