It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds flee Hamas-run Gaza amid spillover fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

GAZA (Reuters) - Hundreds of
Fatah supporters fled the Hamas-controlled
Gaza Strip by land and sea on Saturday and the Islamist group threatened to take its fight against Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's forces to the
West Bank

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wish I could say this surprises me, but I can not.

Hamas are terrorist, they kill men, women, children, hide behind civilians and now it seems they have no issue in killing other musliums.

Now is when I see it getting interesting.

Hamas is on the military move.
Fattah, seen as more reasonable and wanting peace, is going to be backed by the west with money and other forms of aid.

I am very interested to see how the rest of the Middle East reacts this.
Will they divide among Hamas/Fatah lines?
Will they divide along #e/soony lines?
Will they-the rest of the middle east- divide into supporting the West or Hamas?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Hamas are terrorist, they kill men, women, children, hide behind civilians and now it seems they have no issue in killing other musliums.

compared to Israel?
Israel kill men women and children in far larger number and hide behind the word Defensive

Hamas is on the military move.
Fattah, seen as more reasonable and wanting peace, is going to be backed by the west with money and other forms of aid.

fatah may not be as active as hamas when it comes to defending against israel but they still have their share of blood on their hands

I am very interested to see how the rest of the Middle East reacts this.
Will they divide among Hamas/Fatah lines?
Will they divide along #e/soony lines?
Will they-the rest of the middle east- divide into supporting the West or Hamas?

divide and conquer
The US and friends had the opertunity to support hamas when they were elected in and when violoance was down insted they chose not to.

by dividing both hamas and fatah like this Israel has another reason to attack the west bank and gaza (in so called defencive strikes)

i doubt this is going to show a divide and doubtfull it will make the middle east any worse then it is now.

Now is when I see it getting interesting.

you see more bloodshed as intresting?

[edit on 16-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

compared to Israel?

You are attemptng to take this thread off topic, PLEASE, stay on topic-this was about what Hamas does/did.

[quote]fatah may not be as active as hamas when it comes to defending against israel but they still have their share of blood on their hands

divide and conquer
The US and friends had the opertunity to support hamas when they were elected in and when violoance was down insted they chose not to.

by dividing both hamas and fatah like this Israel has another reason to attack the west bank and gaza (in so called defencive strikes)

i doubt this is going to show a divide and doubtfull it will make the middle east any worse then it is now.

NO, I see all the many possibilities of how this my go on-who sides with whom, and who ends up on top and what will it mean for the local area, as well as the whole middle east.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by asala]

[edit on 17-6-2007 by asala]

join