It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Team Exposes Network Of 400 to 500 Radical, Anti-U.S. Islamic Centers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In case you didn't notice I don't take this thread seriously... Insight is nothing more than a right wing fear mongering rag and they have come up with some pretty weird crap before counting on some rube to believe them. They are kind of the Globe of the far right.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree Grover that is why I posted my views and just read what everybody else has to said.

Let the fear mongering feed the fear of others.

Pity that you can see who stand for what by the way they post.

Nothing more than a call for persecution.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Unfortunately some people/members will not change their minds nomatter what. Some people will always claim and think "it is all propaganda from the government". It is a shame people can't see things from what they truly are.

Yep, that's what I alluded to earlier. People get so wrapped up in this "conspiracy culture" that they get to the point to where they can't see the obvious. They start searching for "conspiracies" to hide from the blatant truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh I am sure there are extremists in this country hellbent on doing us harm... some might be Muslims, some might be Christian reconstructionists and one might be in the oval office. But to go through life in fear of what might happen is to trade freedom for a straitjacket of anxieties; and believe it or not, paranoia does not make us safe.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
But to go through life in fear of what might happen is to trade freedom for a straitjacket of anxieties; and believe it or not, paranoia does not make us safe.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by grover]

Well, for me, this whole thing reverts back more to national security than to Islam. Although, Islamic radicals are the perfect example of why we should be securing are national borders, ports, and entrances to this country.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Let the fear mongering feed the fear of others.

Nothing more than a call for persecution.:

Marg you do your fair share of fear mongering yourself only on other topics so I would not be so fast to jump to conclusions as to why others are posting.

I happen to have a grave concern especially when I see Articles like this not that it is going to happen but there is always the possibility it might. so be careful where you throw your rocks, one of them might just bounce back and hit you because you were wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Prior to 9/11 (assuming 19 guys with box cutters actually did it) the worst terrorist attack was Oklahoma City. And from what I have been able to tell... besides groups like right wing militas, the radical Christian funnymentalists are the biggest threats facing this country because they are willing to worm their way into the system and do their damage from within...can someone say Regency University?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Prior to 9/11 (assuming 19 guys with box cutters actually did it) the worst terrorist attack was Oklahoma City. And from what I have been able to tell...

No OKC was precided by the bombing of beirut where killing 241 soldiers and wounding 81

OKC only 168 were killed

My figures are only on deaths for OKC, I am not sure on injuries if that is what you were implying.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
be picky will ya... the worst terrorist attack on American soil before 9/11.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yep, that's what I alluded to earlier. People get so wrapped up in this "conspiracy culture" that they get to the point to where they can't see the obvious. They start searching for "conspiracies" to hide from the blatant truth.
Unfortunately, I am forced to agree. A goodly number of people start from their world-view and force every story into it.

You know what? With respect to this story, maybe there aren't 400 or 500 centers. But what if there are 200? 50? 5? Isn't any number bad? Should we be taking any steps at all to get a handle on the actual numbers, and when we have them, what do we do?

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

You know what? With respect to this story, maybe there aren't 400 or 500 centers. But what if there are 200? 50? 5? Isn't any number bad? Should we be taking any steps at all to get a handle on the actual numbers, and when we have them, what do we do?

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Togetic]

Togetic, very true. To me, it doesn't matter if there are 500,500, or just 1. What matters to me is that they are here and to deny that is on the verge of ignorant naivety.

When we have them, imprison them!! It's really that simple. Bad intentions lead to bad outcomes.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, people often forget history.
After the Nazis were defeated in WW2 it was illegal to preach Nazism ideals, philosophy, and to display the swastika in any manner.
Schools that were used to produce the Hitler Youth were dismantled and the children deprogrammed.
That was in Germany. It is still illegal to do these things in Germany.

Why shouldn't it be considered illegal for mosques to program their youth to hate? Isn't that the same Fascist theology which led to WW2 and the deaths of over 60 million people worldwide?

Let's have the courage to stand up, pass a law against hate preaching in mosques or youth indoctrination, and send those leaders to prison who might consider doing such!

This is America! Love it or leave it!

Sincerely,

Guenther Menkman
Seattle, WA USA

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
we in Britain are fed the lie that we are in Afghanistan fighting to prevent "Afghanistan coming to us"- which is just bs, terrorist bombs are just as likely to be exploded in the UK by our home grown Islamic terrorists from Bradford to Tower Hamlets, thanks to the Immigration and Multicultural policies foisted on us by the VERY SAME people who defend this war

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join