It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Say NO! to Corporate TV News!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wanna shut the war industry down? Wanna throw the establishment two party political system into serious disarray (so we can elect some real candidates)? Then turn off the corporate TV "news". Is it just me, or has anyone else not noticed that every clown talking head on every channel from ABC to CNN all repeat the same talking points every single day of the week? Is that just a super big cowinkydink? I think not. They are all controlled by the same powerful interests, who by the way, can't stand the fact that you are on the internet learning things that they did not approve of telling you.

Turn the tv "news" off. For good. And throw a nice big monkey wrench into the system of the entrenched war intererests.

Here's a good article that got me to thinking about this today:

A Powerful, Massive Protest: Diminish the Corporate Media’s Power by Turning off Your TV for Good!
by Jacqueline Marcus
It pleases the Bush administration that the majority of Americans will not hit the streets of D.C. to protest their unconstitutional war crimes. They haven’t time, but they would still like to do something to end the suffering. Well here’s a way to significantly stop the corporate criminals that run this war without so much as stepping outside your home:

The mainstream media networks are not interested in educating the public. They are financially supported by the worst criminal polluters (oil & coal) and war profiteers (weapon contractors).
www.commondreams.org...

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 18-6-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I already have, I try to find my news from alternative sources.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Aside from catching the weather once in a while, and something of a scientific nature, I never watch that thing.

The broadcast industry is hurting now, because they are losing relevance to most people. MSM has sold it's soul to the corporate world, and now it's finding out that it was a bad deal.

Just like selling your soul to the Devil, it always comes back to bite you.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I only watch CNN when it comes to the mainstream Media, simply because they tend to
be neutral and show both sides of a story, I mean hell they have Paula Zahn, Anderson Cooper,
Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck on there channel(s), I mean that's pretty fair and balanced in my opinion.

But apart from that I don't watch the Mainstream news, simply because I dislike them.

I don't think not watching them is really going to have any effect on the war or the
current two party system that exists though.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The only news program I'll watch is Countdown with Keith Olbermann, he has pretty much the same views as myself. I dispise Fox News, and even have a bumper sticker on my car which says, "Friends don't let friends watch Fox News." I love it, because I live in a seriously republican area, and just love the faces and head shakes I get.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What???? And give up Hannity's America, and Bill O'Reilly???? My heroes?
Fox news, fair and balanced?

You're absolutely right. Its up to us to shut them up for good. There should be a campaign on this.

Good point.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
There should be a campaign on this.

I'm in.

BTW, I started an anti Fox News thread awhile ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I totally agree, except I just say no to corporate tv, period.

A lot of programming in the programs, slipping into the minds of the unaware while they're being entertained.

That said, Colbert is one of the best shows broadcast, ever. imho.

edit: typo

[edit on 19-6-2007 by ephemeral]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Wanna shut the war industry down? Wanna throw the establishment two party political system into serious disarray (so we can elect some real candidates)? Then turn off the corporate TV "news". Is it just me, or has anyone else not noticed that every clown talking he

how would that work? I'm pretty sure "they" would prefer we don't watch any news at all - the only reason corporate news is on, is so they can water everything down and mix lies in with facts. Certainly, having no news whatsoever would make things much easier to lie about and fabricate.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Wanna shut the war industry down? Wanna throw the establishment two party political system into serious disarray (so we can elect some real candidates)? Then turn off the corporate TV "news".

how would that work? I'm pretty sure "they" would prefer we don't watch any news at all - the only reason corporate news is on, is so they can water everything down and mix lies in with facts. Certainly, having no news whatsoever would make things much easier to lie about and fabricate.

uh, the internet...

there's so much more and better news and analysis online if you know where to look. With that kind of information, I watch something like Good Morning America and they look like buffoons. I wanna yell at Diane Sawyer for ruining her journalistic integrity for that incredibly stupid show. Without ratings there is no ad revenue. Turn the tv off and deny them that money and control.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

there's so much more and better news and analysis online if you know where to look. With that kind of information, I watch something like Good Morning America and they look like buffoons. I wanna yell at Diane Sawyer for ruining her journalistic integrity for that incredibly stupid show. Without ratings there is no ad revenue. Turn the tv off and deny them that money and control.

i agree that the internet has plenty more, and better sources for news - however, your logic doesn't play out. Even if Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc. didn't get any revenue at all from their news stations... they would still have 10000x the resources as even the best blogger out there. Many many times over.

They aren't going anywhere - I think it's better they stay on air, as they confirm how ridiculous they are each and every day for anyone with their eyes and ears open. Without the news, how would we know what agendas they are trying to push?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They want you to FEAR, either TV stations or Jones, Icke and others. When someone is making you afraid, don't listen to them. Analyze the facts, see if there is some useful information, but don't be emotional about it.

Fear always means manipulation. Never forget that and you will live happy and healthy life.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Local news is a joke, it is nonexistant, breaking news is a cat stuck in a tree 6 hours ago. National news is pretty much the same.
Money is ruining every sporting event in the US and we do not watch any...none...zip of the so-called entertainment programs on any channel.

We rely on Netflix.

Note: I will admit to watching bits of Tucker Carlson's show. And Lou Dobbs.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
frontline's not bad. pretty good, even.
olberman is good.

no other program i can think of seriously tries to keep tabs on the massive and criminal deceit of the evil overlords(and read "overlords" framed in a good cop, bad cop false diatribe, with a whole lot of diversionary, "HEY! look over there!!!!" crap).

i wonder about colbert and stewart(and, borat). sometimes i don't think it's good to diffuse your justified indignation by laughing at the problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Colbert and Stewart are great b/c they point to problems the MSM refuse to touch.

Laughter may ensue, but, at least people are made aware of real problems - like the fact that Alberto Gonzales is still the Attorney General. Now that is comedy.

Olbermann is the only newsman talking about anything... other than maybe Lou Dobbs, if you're into the immigration issue.

Other than that, tho, TV "news" is ridiuculous.

ps.. I take back one thing I said... or what I didn't say. I think Scarborough has a decent show.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I agree, stop watching those weird alternate realities. In fact, cancel your cable or sat subscription, television is crap regardless of how many channels you have. I've lived without TV for over a decade.

Vas

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Back in the 80s when Reagan had his "Made in America" campaign going on, Lee Iacoaca from the car company appraoched bruce springsteen about using his song "Born in the USA" in a car campaign.

Bruce demurred. Iacoaca didn't have a clue what the song really meant.

Bruce could've made millions over time, but he didn't do it. He refused to sell out.

They went with Bob Seger ("Like a Rock") instead. Seger, a lesser talent, sold out.

And ever since I've been amazed at the other sellouts I've seen, from Paul McCartney, to smashmouth, to steppenwolf, to lenny kravitz to led zeppelin. To_Jimmy Hendrix (people).

I sometimes think Jimi Hendrix would be rolling in his grave if he witnessed such a selling of his name/product.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I prefere CNN international, it's balanced, not 100% but it does cover events live and some times they do show it like it is, not all the time, but compared to what I have seen on fox news from the internet I can say it's much cleaner.
Lary king in my opinion is depreciated, on the other hand I think Anderson Cooper 360 is pretty good.
Still alot of propaganda runs on CNN but over all others it's a good chanel.
The advantage of corporate tv is that any one gets to see live events and coverege as news breaks , that can't be posible on the internet yet so it's a inconviniance as no one can see breaking news with live Audio&Visual coverege on the internet.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The advantage of corporate tv is that any one gets to see live events and coverege as news breaks , that can't be posible on the internet yet so it's a inconviniance as no one can see breaking news with live Audio&Visual coverege on the internet.

How do you know what you're looking at is live footage? How can you prove what you're looking at isn't some kind of stock footage? Corporate TV news has shown footage of the Osama show repeatedly - and yet no one can prove what we're looking at is what they say it is.

I realize to suggest that any so-called news organization might fake footage may sound extreme (and may be); but it's definitely a possibility.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Colbert and Stewart are great b/c they point to problems the MSM refuse to touch.

Laughter may ensue, but, at least people are made aware of real problems - like the fact that Alberto Gonzales is still the Attorney General. Now that is comedy.

yeah, i know. except that this comedy can doom the planet to eternal war, and totalitarianism.
don't forget, colbert and stewart ARE mainstream media.

i laugh my head off at colbert. i think he's unbelievably brilliant. i'm pretty light-hearted guy in my day to day dealings, but when it comes to things like raping resources, undermining legal systems, and power cabals.... i just don't think laughter is always the best medicine. sometimes, hiding the symptoms makes you think the disease is gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join