It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stubborness is a quality of which extreme?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
first things first, apologies if this isnt the correct board for such a subject it seemed the most relevant to me due to the media/education factor.

anyways. stubbornness. ive thought for some time now that being stubborn is actually acknowledged in the nagtive extreme. for example one might say that your good qualities are that u are open minded, intelligent, and your bad qualities are that u are, stubborn... it seems to be perceived that way by many people i know in any case. the question is, is it really such a negative thing?

i've watched a few few people 'transcend' their stubborness but only to a certain limit. whilst i seem to be one of the only people i can think of that is completely stubborn
lol, but to understand the context im describing, allow me to explain.

for example (very good and appropriate example), i was once also bought into the idea that the government were holding my best interests. who isnt. all through my life i have sensed that theres something more than what just meets the eyes and ears going on today however. and one day i stumbled upon the Illuminati subject etc etc etc and my mind opened up to that. also for a few people i know. buttt, as mine and their research continued into the subjects of other life forms on this planet, inverted earth theorys and so on, some of them started to dismiss certain aspects of a particular theory. also, i always hear in live seminars and speeches that its an act of the sheep to follow all information u are given and to automatically start believing it.

this is pretty much where the line is drawn.

we are always told to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities. but these certain people i know have fallen for the exact same trap that everybody has at some point. what i mean is that, prior to learning about what 'really' goes on, we are led to believe all sorts of scientifical facts and we just acknowledge them as true, because the government tells us its true. however one person over the others that i know watched secrets of the matrix by a mr.icke, and started seeing through alot of the things the government tell us. however, now he is at the same mercy but just to david icke! he'll believe everything that icke says now, lol, i support many of ickes theorys whether they are true or not in this thread are irrelevant though my point is that people are still believing what other sources say without questioning them.

if it makes it easier to understand, i know very well that many, some, or if not all mainstream freethinkers are hired by the globalists maybe to spread theorys that only misdirect us from a true understanding. anybody reading this probably doesnt agree with such a theory. im not saying i think icke is a freemason, but for we know he could be. right? there are no limits to how far the globalists would go to preserve information. thats an undismissable possibility.

anyway i have much trust in alot of things icke says. just incase anybody takes my example the wrong way.

being stubborn yet open minded allows us to equally calculate all possibilities and theorys. being open minded may make your theorys easily swayed or confronted. being stubborn, in the best case, may make u atleast question ANY theory regardless of where it came from and who supports it.

so is the characteristic of stubborness really such a negative quality?

thanks to all that read and welcome any replies

peace & respect,

IcY

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My biological dad was probably the most stubborn person I ever knew. But he was also the most tenacious and he got things done that others couldn't do.
So, yes, I think it can be a very good thing. I know that my own stubbornness/tenacity has saved me many times and strengthened me in difficult situations.
Good post and excellent point, thank you IcYovUk.

join