It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The church of today are the pharisees of Jesus time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
True Christianity isn't about the scriptures, prayer groups, tithing, fasting, going to church, or singing religious songs. These are all conterfeit. Are there true believers in the church system? Yes, all the above are vehicles God uses, to reach some, just as He does a sunset.

His desire is for you, the scriptures are not for unbelievers, nor is church.. Which I call churchianity, which is simular to the religious system in Jesus day, then they were called pharisees.. "The church" is different from church. thats my take..

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I generally agree with you there. I don't think a bit of tradition and ceremony is that bad, but a lot of churches (especially the RCC) take that way too far.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Not sure the conspiracy part of this...its more like your stating the obvious.
Though I guess its a 'conspiracy' for those who are wrapped up in the belief of what you described.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So, we could also say TRUE Christianity is like some aspect of New Age. Now, i don't understand why are all Christians so opposed it it. It's not like you need to do Yoga or Reiki, New Age is multiple religions and practices joined into one spiritual movement and a lot of things spiritual are very similar to what Jesus said.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I do not know about this, but I somewhat agree that all of the pomp and circumstance of Church, the fakeness of the people and the whole money machine aspect is totally uncalled for, I think that some groups are more extreme than others when it comes to what the meaning of church and religious based worship really are, but on the other note, the pharisees the way I understand were really more connected to Judaism and were possibly what is now known as a Rabbi, please correct me if my understanding is not accurate though.

top topics

join