It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great computer related business!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey I just figured out a great computer related business...

Keyboard Repair! Yup, that's right - KEYBOARD REPAIR!

It has become increasingly apparent to me that there are many typo's and misspellings all over the internet, and I'm sure offline as well.

It can't be that everyone is illiterate and can't spell, or that everyone makes mistakes repeatedly.

I found the SOLUTION! (Actually while typing up the opening post for a thread I just started)

I think that computer keyboards are designed to malfuction according to some unknown algrithm that anyone has yet to fathom, other than its creator of course.

My idea is to start a keyboard repair business to remove the "typo chip" from every working computer keyboard. That's the chip responsible for dropped or replaced letters. It's got to be.

I know for a fact that I typed everything correctly, and without error. But alas, when the page loaded and I saw the first post there were two (count 'em, TWO) blaring typographical errors of the misspelling variety.

But as I know how to spell most English words(yes there are a few that I am unsure of), this could not have been ME who made an error. That is how I figured out about the "typo chip".

That should put the "Spelling Police" out of business.

Now, if I can only think of a way to auto correct grammar and syntax, which is somehow related to this problem. Perhaps I should scout MIT for a few engineers. Hmmm...

edit = the typo chip found it's way to this post as well. Must be a conspiracy!

[edit on 6/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

My idea is to start a keyboard repair business to remove the "typo chip" from every working computer keyboard. That's the chip responsible for dropped or replaced letters. It's got to be.

hmm, well i had that idea too, but i just bashed it against something solid.
lets say that that keyboard never made a mistake again >: )

the typo chip found it's way to this post as well. Must be a conspiracy!

exactly, why have there been no findings of mind control chips in blood donations? because they are in your keyboard where you least expect!1

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What would you do, M32, when you replace the typo chip and the customer keeps coming back because they are still making typos?

Are you sure the typo chip isn't something that's actually installed inside the typist by aliens during a routine probing?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
What would you do, M32, when you replace the typo chip and the customer keeps coming back because they are still making typos?

Well, I've done some extensive Mechanical analysis in this matter. I went for a whole ten minutes on my computer and did nothing but copy and paste text with my mouse. If you recall from the thread "Surgey for my ailing mouse" I had already repaired that portion of my computer setup.

So I knew I was good to go, as far as running tests with my mouse was concerned.

So I did, I made three posts in ten minutes, with 100% accuracy, and not one typo. Although there was one error on one of the sources that I copied, which I removed before posting.

See, 100% Mechanically proven!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That would be great, it you could fix all the dodgy typos in English words.

But, what about all the English words that aren't really English?

And I don't mean American English / British English - before someone starts screaming semantics at me (Hhhhmmmm is that Latin?)

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
That would be great, it you could fix all the dodgy typos in English words.

Are you referring to words like Knife, with the silent K?

I hate stupid English words like that.

[edit on 6/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No not really.

I mean like spagetti, abacus and kangaroo.

They are English words, but they have been 'borrowed' directly from other languages.

It's like the Father in "My big fat Greek wedding" who claims that all words are Greek.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
WHAT?? Do you mean to tell me that spaghetti is not an English word?

I suppose you will tell me next that it isn't American food, either!
It's one of my favorite foods!

Of course, I know the origins of the word, though.

Abacus I believe is Arabic, not sure about Kangaroo, though. (To lazy to look it up)

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Kangaroo is from one of the Aboriginal languages, the name for the kangaroo in their language. There is a myth about how it means "I don't understand," but that isn't true.

derives from the Guugu Yimidhirr word gangurru, referring to a grey kangaroo. The name was first recorded as "Kangooroo or Kanguru" on 4 August 1770, by Lieutenant (later Captain) James Cook on the banks of the Endeavour River at the site of modern Cooktown, when HM Bark Endeavour was beached for almost seven weeks to repair damage sustained on the Great Barrier Reef.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join