It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The topic topic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yup thats right, this thread is about topics. No topic is off topic here, as long as it abides by the ten commandments, (I mean the Terms and Conditions of this site) and isn't spam or trollish in nature.

What is your favorite and why.

OR---

What is your least favorite and why?

My least favorite presently would have to be "Aliens & UFO's"

It wasn't always that way. When I was growing up, I read everything I could get my hands on regarding the subject. (Yes they had real books in those days :-) ) I was fascinated by the possibility of life on planets other than our own, and became a firm believer that "They must be out there, somewhere".
But due to the shear number of hoaxes and totally ridiculous claims and theories, I have basically tried to stay away from that forum here. I am still interested, and browse there occasionally, but not like it would have been, minus the hoaxes and outlandish claims some are making.

As far as current favorites, I really don't have a favorite, but I do tend to stay on BTS moreso than go to ATS, or AbovePolitics.

-------------

So, what is your favorite or least favorite topic, and why?

edit = keyboard malfunction.

[edit on 6/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
my favorite topic would be General chit chat, because it can be about anything, theres no such thing as "posted in wrong topic" U2Us. i also like the game threads.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my least favorite topic would be the 9/11 conspiracy, i have nothing against people that post there, but it was terrorists, not aliens, not demons, TERRORISTS!

rant over, safe to come out now

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

As far as current favorites, I really don't have a favorite, but I do tend to stay on BTS moreso than go to ATS, or AbovePolitics.

Me too. I used to believe in every freaking thing, ouija boards, ghosts, demons, ufos, aliens, past life regression, all the crazy stuff. Our college had a class on the local ghosts that a museum historian taught -- Ventura was claimed to be one of the most haunted regions in California.

I scared myself silly, but never saw any real thing. Never saw anything that couldn't be explained rationally. I guess I know too much about how life really works, after my checkered past, to believe in things with no real evidence at this point in my life.

And Occam's Razor ... well, it's like the #1 Law in the MM universe.

I think my ex always jumping to the most outlandish and worst possible conclusions put me off believing anything that I couldn't see, touch, feel, hear or smell directly.

So occasionally I go to ATS, but I have to confess that I have to sit on my hands to not answer some of the stuff I think is wacko (and, no, I'm not gonna say what). And PTS is cool, but I have enough going on right now in real life to want to get all het up over what a bunch of rich guys playing at popularity contest are doing.

So, what is your favorite or least favorite topic, and why?

I love the Rant forum. I think a good rant can be cleansing. I use it frequently.
Catharsis is catharsis, if you find an outlet for it, use it.

I seem to spend a lot more time on the Theology board than anywhere else. It's helping me learn to use critical thinking properly, and to keep my cool when things get out of hand -- useful in the courtroom. I also go through spurts of interest in things (something I got from my step dad I think, he of serious serial hobbies) and immerse myself in them until I get bored, then move on. At the moment I'm really interested in studying the how and why of belief in the supernatural.

I also like the Dreams forum because sometimes I find it relaxing to help someone figure out what their dream is trying to tell them.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I like General Chit Chat, even more then the weapons forum due to the fact that there is almost as much talk about military and thanks to me and a few others, waaaaaaaaaaay more military photos. Hmmm, I just got an idea! See you guys on my newest thread!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I like just about all topics on BTS. On ATS I like Survival,Paranormal sometimes Crypto. I really try to avoid 9/11. I believe it has been analyzed to death and with recent events there I just avoid it all together.

top topics

join