It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The capitalist dictatorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -Thomas Jefferson.

Can one man in America do that ? Can somebody say : "I will not pay my taxes, I don't want you to use my money for war". This is democracy - the will of the people, not the will of a few at the top.

No, nobody can do that , as a free man who decides what is going on with his contry, he will soon be unde siege , like Ed Brow - he did not pay his taxes for another reason, but it's the same ideea.
Who will attack him ? His own government , whoms existence he pays for.

You think you can vote ? They are all the same, corporations pay all the politicians before elections, to make sure their goals are achieved after.
You think you can protest ? They do not care, they will surround themselvs with police and that's all there is about it. Look at G8, people protest every year, nobody comes and talks with them, but we are told - "you live in a democracy, the country is run by your will"
I see no democracy, it's just the capitalist dictatorship.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No we all must pay taxes, so i do see what your saying, this is a democracy but only to a certin extent i'm not sure how we could go about not doing this without leading to a fourm of anarchy, this is tough to ponder, the one thing i think could of been done is limit the amount of new immigrants that are allowed to enter the United States boarders but again that should of been done years ago until the government could help there own citizens first(as if with the government we had the last forty years could even do this with some of the ineptitude), but this should of been done in the 1950's, now alot of these poor immigrants that come into our country face the same thing as poor US citizens, but again if this did happen more people would say this is less then freedom so it's a very tough catch twenty two to figure ones way around.

One thing i think this government should do(off topic a little), is with the voting system count each and every vote as oppsed to electoral votes with the technology that we have that shouldn't be too far-fetched.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Look at G8, people protest every year, nobody comes and talks with them, but we are told - "you live in a democracy, the country is run by your will"
[edit on 15-6-2007 by pai mei]

Guess what and this is what our so call democratic governments wants to spread around the world and when a country fight against it, they are axis of evil.

Corporate American is ruling this nation and what we think are our elected poiliticans are nothing more than their corrupted chosen ones to rule over the population.

They have sold their soul for profits.

What our forefathers didn't want this county to be has become our worst nighmare.

Everything they do is for "the good of the nation" while screwing us at every turn.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The income tax IS anti-constitutional and IS illegal in every sense of the word. However, not enough Americans know this OR care about this. It's willful ignorance that will keep, as you said, this capitalistic dictatorship running.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatIsWhat
...i'm not sure how we could go about not doing this without leading to a fourm of anarchy...

I think you mean chaos? It’s a myth that a state without government would automatically create chaos. A lie perpetuated by whom else but the government. Read up on the Spanish Civil War/Revolution 1939, and the Anarchism that worked very successfully even under very difficult circumstances (fighting the fascists). The system we have now, with a government, is chaos. Take a look around the world and tell me everything is in order and we have no problems. The world is in chaos, and has been for a long time. Most of it created and perpetuated by governments.

Anyway yeah the 'capitalst dictatorship and what is sells us as freedom', a good subject for discussion. What is freedom?

Is a person really free when they are manipulated by a system to think and act a certain way?
Is a person really free when they are conned into attaching a label to themselves, and living a stereotype, that dictates how they should think? (i.e. Christian, Muslim, conservative/liberal/right wing/left wing/chicken wing, blah blah blah). We’ve got to learn to look beyond left and right paradigms.
Is a person really free when they don't even realize there are alternatives to the authoritarian rule of law and the chaos we live in?
Is a person really free when their very nature is perverted by years of mind manipulation by church, state, school?

Social conditioning has replaced freedom. All that matters to the state is that you believe you are free, as they slowly, methodically, stealthfully take away what freedoms you did have. Usually under the name of some evil they themselves created, or are perpetuating; e.g. terrorism.

Everyone is on automat, like clones of each other. 100 people could describe their week and they would all sound pretty much the same. TV is most peoples lives. God, ‘Oh so what did you do with your life Joe?’ Joe Bloe, ‘I watched Seinfeld God.’ No soup for you!
TV! The very thing that perpetuates the illusion of freedom, and makes us too lazy too care. The media does your thinking for you. Big brother ain’t watching you, you’re watching him.

We’re not supposed to live like this, like machines for production. Producing wealth to benefit the few and hoping something trickles down to us lowly peasants. The powerful and wealthy have the freedom to exploit. The rest of us have the freedom to say no, but they sure as hell don’t make it easy.
Society really is asleep at the wheel. It seems to have forgotten its own power, and some people actually want to do away with what little power they have, and let government control everything no questions asked. How freakin nuts is that? Take away the voice of the ordinary person and you take away their only true freedom. Protest, your voice, it’s the only freedom you have left, and look how you get treated when you practice that freedom…

Yeah freedom ain’t free alright, the ‘system’ makes sure of that…

The thing that is so wrong with capitalism is all these things have to be for it to work. You can't have wealth without poverty, and the majority will always be at the bottom of the capitalist pyramid scheme. I don't care how much you defend it this is a fact and there is no way around it. No matter how hard people work there will always be a poverty class. Capitalism works on exploitation of people and resources. If we all exploited each other equally no one would make any money, and there goes your puppet economy. It’s an illusion designed to make you feel you’re doing something worthwhile in your life when you are really just an overpaid slave.

[edit on 17/6/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Interesting post, pai mei. I've got a couple of thoughts I'd like to share with the group...

Originally posted by pai mei
Can one man in America do that ? Can somebody say : "I will not pay my taxes, I don't want you to use my money for war". This is democracy - the will of the people, not the will of a few at the top.

No, this isn't a democracy, it is a en.wikipedia.org... which, by definition, is the will of a few people at the top. I don't want my taxes being used for war any more than you seem to, but that isn't an option under our current system of government.

No, nobody can do that , as a free man who decides what is going on with his contry, he will soon be unde siege , like Ed Brow - he did not pay his taxes for another reason, but it's the same ideea.
Who will attack him ? His own government , whoms existence he pays for.

Yes, the government will attack you if you refuse to pay your income taxes. You might want to refrain from using Ed Brown as an example of someone who is "under siege", however - frankly, Ed Brown is a bit of a kook who, it seems, never bothered to read the 16th Amendment. Income taxes are legal whether you happen to like them or not.

You think you can vote ? They are all the same, corporations pay all the politicians before elections, to make sure their goals are achieved after.
You think you can protest ? They do not care, they will surround themselvs with police and that's all there is about it. Look at G8, people protest every year, nobody comes and talks with them, but we are told - "you live in a democracy, the country is run by your will"

You might be interested in reading what Benito Mussolini (yes, that Benito Mussolini) has to say about Fascism. I agree entirely that we are becoming a capitalist dictatorship which, in my view, is just Fascism by another name. G-8 protests, corporate payment to and control of the government, the more and more fervent Nationalism we see building in the United States, these experiences all have parallells in the creation of Fascist states in German and Italy in the 1930's.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Compare and contrast the wording in these two ammendments.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Amendment XVI
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Notice the lack of the words "the people" or "individuals". Seems to me the 16th is directed more towards the states, not the people. But in 1916 when radification was confirmed, the Supreme Court said it gave Congress no new taxation power. Funny that the US Treasury and IRS (extention agencies of Congress--no enforcement or judicial powers) took the 16th to a different meaning.

However there is on obvious trick to get out of income taxes...produce zero income. In otherwords, find a piece of land, build a house and substance exist. Homesteading Laws are mostly revoked now, but if the authories come to collect property taxes tell them you make no claims to the land, have no deed and will vacate the land, however all crops and improvements are the resluts of your labor and must be compensated. Conversely, you can make a private arangement with a deeded land owner and would owe nothing to any government (federal, state or local).

Basically, you have choices and options. Dan Brown, has stated his position as since the government is not going to play by their own rules then he does not have to answer to them. Should the govenment ever decide to play by the rules Dan Brown could file enormous countersuits now as government representatives have violated all kinds of rights and commited abuses of power in their "raid" such as removing legally purchased items like electric and phone services without following due process. By acting as his representative in terminating such services, without his acknowledgement or approval. Dan and Elane are technically now wards and basic requirements such as food, water and shelter are not being provided by their guardians. Legally, they could kill anyone that approaches without their expressed approval.

Needless to say, it is an interesting legal situation for all sides.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ahabstar, you may want to take a second look at the wording of Ammendment XVI. I've bolded the essesntial verbiage in the section below:

Amendment XVI
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

This wording - "from whatever source derived" - would, it seems to me, allow for the collection of income taxes from "the people" or "individuals", as well as any other person, group, or corporate entity.

new topics

top topics

join