It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What others are saying...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The main stream news sucks, but if you read some of the online newspapers, opinion columns you can get a good idea how the real people feel about whats going on in the world.

Case in point...

www.buffalonews.com...

Limbaugh is nothing but a hypocrite

1/7/2004

I find it amazing how the pompous and self-righteous Rush Limbaugh, America's self-proclaimed "truth detector," is now trying to weasel and lie his way out of criminal charges involving his illegal use of prescription pain killers and doctor shopping.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.buffalonews.com...

1/6/2004

Since my son was deployed to Iraq last April, I frequently read the opinions expressed in this column concerning President Bush. Now that the election year for our nation's highest office has arrived, I feel compelled to state mine.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No offense man but other than the left trying desparately to win a badly needed victory over the republicans what has this guy done so bad here?

I mean we got famous people raping women, molesting kids and near famous people murdering pregnant wives yet why are we not talking about those stories?

Does anyone me to tell me there is no hypocrisy in those cases? Sure there is.

BTW I do not think that Limbaugh did the right thing and there should be repercussions but this is a crime where he mostly was harmed and not someone else.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
nevermind. theres no use trying to debate your way through a closed door.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In my ONLY defense of Limbaugh, I will have to say that if you have EVER had back pain like that before, you will understand that it basically makes you feel like an animal, and all you want is something that will take away the pain for a while. Unfortunately your body becomes tollerant to the drugs, and they loose their effect, so you need more and more just to maintain a life without too much pain. For people with this problem, not many alternatives exist. You just CANNOT function without them. In fact, if you have a better solution, please share it. People do me a favor, and cut the poor man some slack.

-P

Originally posted by energy_wave
The main stream news sucks, but if you read some of the online newspapers, opinion columns you can get a good idea how the real people feel about whats going on in the world.

Case in point...

www.buffalonews.com...

Limbaugh is nothing but a hypocrite

1/7/2004

I find it amazing how the pompous and self-righteous Rush Limbaugh, America's self-proclaimed "truth detector," is now trying to weasel and lie his way out of criminal charges involving his illegal use of prescription pain killers and doctor shopping.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
People do me a favor, and cut the poor man some slack.

-P

No.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Not being American I don't know, but I am a huge fan of the NFL(where he made an ass of himself), shouldn't this be a non-issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If Rush can dish it out, he can also take it.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If we can't impeach the SOB, then lets have a recall election. Clinton was impeached and all he did was have sex in the oval office and then lie about it. Bush would slit his mother's throat on national TV, if he thought it would get him re-elected. Worse that that he is willing to bring about the destruction of America for a few Mexican votes. I voted for him and supported him when he said that we had to invade Iraq, because they had WMD, but I cannot and will not support him again. I never thought that I would even think about voting for a Democrat again, but Bush has me thinking about it. May God Help us all.

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In my opinion, Rush is getting what he deserves. When he goes on his tirades on the "Crack addicted mothers" or against all of the junkies out there, and turns around and does this, he gets what he deserves.

I can't stand the man, but I do listen to him. One needs a full spectrum of views and opinions before they can justly come up with their own, and I've heard Rush scream out against drug users. He was all for the drug testing in Michigan for welfare (sickened me). But Mr. Limbaugh can afford the more expensive drugs, so shouldn't have such repercussions as those he has preached for the poor.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I never thought that I would even think about voting for a Democrat again, but Bush has me thinking about it. May God Help us all.

THAT IS CLASSIC!!!

I think I might just have to use a signature again.....

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join