It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you find your familiar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am trying to find my familiar and i cannot work out how to :S please may you give suggestions because i would really like to know. thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You meditate and when your mind is calm and quiet, and you have no thoughts, then you call out for it to come to you. It may take several times, but pay attention to your dreams and what you see, smell and feel, it will show.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sometimes it has been manifested already but you has not been able to see it.

For some people it takes time, opening the mind takes time once you are perceptive enough it will come to you.

Take your time.

Even when I knew mine since childhood, it wasn't until I was in my 40s that I directly asked for his name and he gave to me at that point I already knew it but it was nice to hear from him, yes mine manifest as a male a family member that die before I was born.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HemlockAgain
I am trying to find my familiar and i cannot work out how to.....

i can't tell you of your unique situation,
but here's a link that might give you some idea of how/where your mind should be...

www.llewellyn.com...

on the 1 page synopsis, scroll down to the last bold heading titled:
Familiars - Physical and Nonphysical
it has about 3 short paragraphs that should help

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
LOL...ahhhhhhhhh...new agers are so funny

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Can someone define what a "familiar" is, because I have no idea what is going on. Are we talking about some form of guardian angel/spiritual advisor type thing? I forget the word I used to assign to them...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666
LOL...ahhhhhhhhh...new agers are so funny

An so are you for your rude and short one liner.

I agree with the many here on meditation being the best way to find your GA/ SG/ or Familure, just takes time and effort.

Hope all works out for you and may you find and hear from all of em.

Good luck.

P.S. This isnt a New age concept. Its been around since the dawn of time.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I know that some Witches consider their cat to be their 'familiar'

I have not heard this word used in another context beyond something you know and have seen before.....a person, place or thing you are comfortable with.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Are we talking about some form of guardian angel/spiritual advisor type thing? I forget the word I used to assign to them...

Yes in my case to me a familiar is the equal to a form of guadian (angel) or spiritual advisor guide.

That is how my works as an adivisor/guide.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was lucky enough that I found mine when I least expected it. Be patience and think only positive thoughts that you will find it and it will happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I instinctively where to find my familiar. My problem was to seek a reliable source. Once I found it I knew it immediately and never looked back.
My familiar

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I would also like to find my "familiar" as I feel he/she/it could be of great help in my current life situation. Thanks all for posting the information.

Frontkjemper

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
www.wisegeek.com...

Check it out to help you better understand wat a familiar is, it's very short & easy to understand!

~Risuna ^-^

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In many cases,a practitioner or whatever witch.Will have an animal usually a smaller one,with which they share their life force and energies with.They grow together,share a special bond.My cat mieneke is my familiar.Weve been through alot,even me having to help her with giving birth to three deformed kittens,that was hard.Shes seen me go through so many stages of insanity and depression.So many waves of new breakthroughs of understanding.

In some circles the animal,cat bird dog lizard bat frog whatever.Will take in and upon themselves much of your energy signatures.In a way as too be abl;e to comfort us and help us in our times of need.It is a much stronger bond usually wirth a familiar then with any other animal.Almost like you start to become part of the animal itself.Usually on this level the two parties the master as it were and the familiar are able tio understand eachother and communicate aswell even though they donot speak the same language.

Hope this helps.

top topics

join