It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland, Civil War at home, Revolution Abound

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeionu
Of course they are Fighting the good Fight. I and every other Irish person wants there 6 Countys back.

have you asked the rest of us? i don't particularly want them at all to be honest, why would i force my wishes on the north in the same way the brittish forced their wishes on the whole island (since cromwell by the way, not for 700 years). every man woman and child in the north is perfectly entitled to choose to be a citizen of the south and some of us are happy for them to have that right.

I do not care for a second about any protestant that is killed in the North of Ireland. They to me are still invaders and should not be there ( unless that person is in the UK then that would be different ).

first of all, the north is part of the UK!?!
secondly, if you had managed to stay in school long enough to do even junior cert pass history you'ld know just how many of the leaders in the republican movement were protestant, even the leaders of the rising!! being a protestant doesn't mean you can't be a republican and it doesn't mean you deserve to be murdered.

i'll still fight the fight and support the real Irish Republican Army,

fight?? in what way exactly? plant a bomb and run away? shoot out a teenagers knees? kill a man in his bed? disappear a woman in the night and be to shamed to tell her family where she's burried? cowards tactics. not men enough to stand and fight the squaddies so they kill people out shopping or down the pub, the IRA in all its forms are nothing but a bunch of spineless murdering scum and an embarrassment to any true republican.

Please read this about just ONE of the many things the British did. The Black an Tans which where like the SS only worse. Ruthless evil men sent to kill innocent Irish citizens.

yeah, the black and tans were scum too, but the IRA in it's modern incarnation has absolutely nothing to do with that part of our history, most of the old IRA men are shamed by the provos use of the name, go do some research on your beloved IRA.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishguy
After years of lurking, this post inspired me to finally register and post.
So for that I say, thank you.

I also was a long time lurker and only joined because of a thread about N.I.lol

It was the RIRA who carried out the "Omagh Bombing" in August 1998

I recently heard an interview with Martin Ingrim, who handled double agent for British intelligence, and Kevin Fulton (not his real name) who was a member of the IRA and a British spy. In the interview Kevin Fulton says he was talking to the IRA man who was mixing the bomb, which was to be used in Omagh, Fulton said this man, who was his boss in the IRA, was also a British agent and British intelligence had plenty of prior knowledge of the bomb.

These people do not have support with Ireland.

I agree 100% people here are sick of the fighting.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry about the individual posts for each subject but I don't post to often so I don't know how to do multiple quotes and stuff. There are a few more points I'd like to talk about but work is calling me. As they say "no rest for the wicked"

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As a Protestant from Northern Ireland Im so glad that people are not being murdered in the streets and in their homes no more . As for calling the IRA freedom fighters thats really a bit pathetic , the people in the south of Ireland dont even want the IRA to exist anymore in any shape or form as was shown in recent elections in the south when Sinn Fein ( IRAs Political Wing ) did really poorly.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to be against any violent uprising. There are better ways to get your point across than to use terrorist or revolutionary tactics to get the changes you want made.

oh by the way if this insanity does occur any red headed Irish women that need a place to stay can come live with me

but people need to realize that there are better ways to bring about change than to start a violent uprising and kill innocent people.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I dont think I, as a Irish-American, blame EVERYTHING on the so called British Empire. The British Empire is NO MORE as I said before. I think the British want to still control certain groups because they think they have the RIGHT to. The way the Brits on this board sound is anyone not from there country dont have a RIGHT and are IGNORANT if anyone disagrees with them. This has been pointed out to ME PERSONALLY many times in other threads.

So, since you BRITS on this board ARENT FROM IRELAND you dont have a right to say ANYTHING about my second country and are IGNORANT to its suffering. I dont mean that of course because I believe in speaking your mind and dont go to name calling and petty arguments to prove my point.

Some Brits still believe there way and culture rule over everyone. There English is better, there system of Government is better, there laws are better, there way of policing is better, etc. This is the problem. We need to let every country rule there own. The British and the New Empire, US, want to control the world. It has been going on like this for Centuries. Get over yourselves already.

What they should do is let all the Irish and all the Brits go stand face to face in a field large enough to hold everyone and go at it FIST TO FIST and see who is standing last.

I FOR ONE KNOWS WHO WOULD WIN THAT WAR!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Anyone who has looked at the Youtube Video I posted earlier, which shows the detonation of a 3,300lb bomb in the middle of Manchester City Centre on 11.16am on Saturday 16th June 1996 - in an area that was up until an hour before packed with shoppers - and still they says they support the mindless bastards who put it there quite simply is not worth the description of "human", and deserves to meet their end on the receiving end of such a device, so that they can best experience exactly what they supposedly "stand" for.

[edit on 16/0607/07 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'd like to ask how many people here are paddy's?

And how many people here have had experience of a terrorist attack?

How many people here are american? - OK, well you guys allowed the IRA to fundraise in your country for many years, so justify that.

Ireland is a separate culture, country, ideology, ancestory, religion, democracy, language (which the brits made illegal ffs in a bid to stamp out resistance)

And lets not forget that the brits invented internment and concentration camps(during the boer war)

The UK (and I am speaking in my dual nationality of Brit/Paddy) has had a long and bloody history - what we are seeing is the last vistiges of the british empire - and long may it begone - the planet should be ruled by self determination of the indigenous population

The election process in NI is a bit like if the south africans had imported a load of white people to vote in their favour.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
neformore- Do you support your Government dropping hundreds of 5,000 LBS bombs on innocent civilians in Iraq?????

Same thing, is it not????

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
neformore- Do you support your Government dropping hundreds of 5,000 LBS bombs on innocent civilians in Iraq?????

Same thing, is it not????

No. I don't support it.

Do you?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hello,Being im that im Irish i feel compelled to comment on this

Me,like many people have been affected by the troubles ,mainly IRA and the UVF , my grandfathers best friend had his foot blown off and my friends 3 uncles were shot by prody's for being in the IRA

Now i do not believe People in the north should be forced to become Irish, But i think its just the fact the the British have TAKEN our 6 county's and had there forces on OUR land is why there was and is so much hatred and violence

So, since you BRITS on this board AREN'T FROM IRELAND you dont have a right to say ANYTHING about my second country and are IGNORANT to its suffering. I dont mean that of course because I believe in speaking your mind and dont go to name calling and petty arguments to prove my point.

I agree with you totally , British people have no idea whats it like when people take part of YOUR country, anyone remember the falklans? what happend there? the brits blew the holy be-jaysus out of them
and just because they did it militarily ,is that ok?

the people in the south of Ireland don't even want the IRA to exist anymore in any shape or form as was shown in recent elections in the south when Sinn Fein ( IRAs Political Wing ) did really poorly.

I think you'll find they only did bad because of there economic plans and there only main proper policy being on the north and neglecting other areas..NOT because of IRA involvement

The British raped Irish land, made plantations all over the country ,starved the irish during the famine, killed men womena nd children in horrifying ways...AND THEN they have the balls to get pissed off when we fight back

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
neformore - No I do not. But, you dont seem to have the same criticism of your Government when it comes to that, nor have I seen a post from you stating anything but support for your Government no matter the case may be. I dont think its constructive to name call and basically call anyone stupid for commenting on your country but at the same time you constantly do it to other people who may have a comment on yours. I think your hyprocritical in your statements.

On one hand you want us to watch your video, which I did, and state that they are "mindless bastards" and "quite simply is not worth the description of human", oh and there is this one "and deserves to meet their end on the receiving end of such a device, so that they can best experience exactly what they supposedly stand for".

Are you ready to say that about YOUR LEADERS AND YOUR COUNTRY?????

[edit on 16-6-2007 by hoochymama]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
why is there a thread with so many people saying "it is good to murder"
something badly wrong here
sorry but this is *snip*
most northern catholics do not want to be part of the south
you will not get your land back so stop promoting terrorism
climb back into your holes, just like saddam did

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy
why is there a thread with so many people saying "it is good to murder"
something badly wrong here
sorry but this is sh*t
most northern catholics do not want to be part of the south
you will not get your land back so stop promoting terrorism
climb back into your holes, just like saddam did

Read back over the thread,Has ONE person said its good to murder?
NO
So please learn to read properly or least pretend you can
and how about you crawl back into whatever ses-pool you came from, imbecile

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
maybe YOU would need to read back

this is promoting terrorism when you look at it all

now you can crawl back in

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is not promoting terrorism it is supporting a force which is fighting for irish people like me, freedom and land ,and even then i barley see anyone even saying they want the IRA fighting anymore, So if you have such a big problem how about you join the English army and come over here, see how long you last

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You know. This thread is most likley going to go no where.

If you are an American, sitting in the continental US, and your great grandparents came from Ireland, but you've never been there and your idea of connecting with your "roots" is to make stupid statements about the IRA, then you obviously have no idea about the real world.

Just because someone decided to migrate in the 1800's or earlier doesn't make you an expert on a country you've never been to.

In the real world, real people walk down real streets, and when real people make stupid decisions to commit atrocities - usually because of something someone else has done in the past - other real people die.

Now you may not have experienced that. Hopefully you'll never have to experience it. You are safer staying at your keyboard in your blissful ignorance.

If the bomb you can see exploding in the video link I posted earlier had a faulty timer on it, if the truck had been accidentally shunted by a car driver not paying attention, or any of another myriad of things that might have happened on that day happened, the death toll in Manchester would have made Sept 11th look small. You may say I'm exaggerating but the building next to where the wagon is parked is one of Britains most visited municipal shopping centres. The wagon is parked directly in the middle of the third largest city in Britain, which was full of shoppers going about their usual Saturday morning buisness on a hot, sunny summer Saturday.

I was a 16 year old kid, standing at the corner of the building you can see in the opening frame of the video, when a police officer told me that there had been a warning of a bomb planted next to the Arndale Centre and that they had no idea if the alert was real or not but it was time to get out of the way. So, we ran, my friends and I We ran as fast as we could because we didn't know if, at any given moment, that bomb was going to explode. We didn't even know if we were running in a safe direction. My lungs were bursting, we were panicking and so were hundreds of other people immediately around us. Even the Police were panicking - after all they are only human too. Eventually my friends and I decided to get out of the city altogether and headed for the railway station which was about two miles away from where we were. The air was full of loud voices, people running, shouting and sirens going off everywhere. No one knew anything, no one knew if there was more than one bomb and everyone was in a state of panic.

We got to the railway station as the bomb exploded. Apprently the explosion was heard 8 miles away. Even though we were not in the vicinity of the blast the whole place shook and the noise of the explosion was accompanied by what I can only describe as the worst thing I've ever heard - silence. Complete and utter silence for a few seconds in a city of nearly half a million people. No birds singing, no traffic noise, nothing.

Silence broken by alarms, more sirens and people - men women and children crying. Some people were screaming and hysterial. Not so much because they were shocked by the bang but because they realised that they were alive but probably wouldn't have been if things had been slightly different.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok guys please lets calm down on the Tit for tat bickering,

Back on topic, In a civil way,

Asala

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
This is not promoting terrorism it is supporting a force which is fighting for irish people like me, freedom and land ,and even then i barley see anyone even saying they want the IRA fighting anymore, So if you have such a big problem how about you join the English army and come over here, see how long you last

is this a threat

because you make me laugh
you must be a very big guy

come where

i am here in the north

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Are you ready to say that about YOUR LEADERS AND YOUR COUNTRY?????

[edit on 16-6-2007 by hoochymama]

Yes. Blairs an idiot for getting involved in Iraq. Its the most stupid thing a leader of this country has done. All it will lead to is more people getting killed and probably more scenes like the one in that video.

So there - now whats your point? Whats it got to do with the IRA being complete and utter scum?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join