It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland, Civil War at home, Revolution Abound

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
the IRA's killing of civilians is every bit as disgusting as the british atrocities and vice versa, anyone trying to play apologist or revisionism with either should be ashamed of themselves.

what makes an IRA thug disappearing a civilian in the name of a nation that never existed any better than a black and tan beating a farmgirl in the name of an empire that never should have.

each was utterly evil for what he thought was the best of causes. all it proves is the stupidity that is inherent of any ideology.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

The IRA had a cause and a reason to fight all the way from the late 1800's up to the 1999 agreements - anyone who disagree's with this point should look up the history.

revisionist nonsense, they hijacked a civil rights movement to conduct a poorly supported terror campaign over the border issue which mainly involved killing civilians- they never had justification, certainly for the latest "troubles"

[edit on 8-12-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
they never had justification, certainly for the latest "troubles"

How about equal rights for Catholics.

I don't want to get into one of these discussions.. im sick of em.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

How about equal rights for Catholics.

I don't want to get into one of these discussions.. im sick of em.

read my post, that wasnt what they brought, and they were not fighting for that, theyhijacked a civil rights campaign (which was not an exclusively catholic thing! never mind the anti protestant issues of the south) to fight a terror campaign on the border issue!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This thread is fun. Ireland is my ancestral land on my mum's side. Canadian indian on me dad's. When I went to Ireland for the first time last year, I wish I hadn't had to leave.

The IRA and all revolutionary movements are the same: global. The young get fed into the "revolution" meatgrinder but nothing changes. It's the easiest way to get rid of revolutionaries: Get them excited for their own martyrdom. Ireland is sick with such sentiments but is healing, slowly. ALL cultures must resist that pull toward false revolution, imo.

As for religion in Ireland (we got both kinds! Catholic and Protestant!), these people are still asleep. The Irish culture has been wrecked by the Hapsburgs and other dutch/germanic arses who want to rule the world. Irish people just want rule Ireland (not the world) and even before the British mindwar/famines, they didn't have one king but SEVERAL kings and one chief king. So the idea of one British monarch is fully absurd to them (and to me) even from an ancient perspective.

Scotland and Ireland (Hibernia) were known to Caesar and the Ptolomys. Also the Scot bagpipes have been known as Irish Warpipes through history, so why do Scotsmen want to divide from their ancestral celtic brothers? The name "Scota" refers to an egyptian princess buried in Ireland and who originally populated the Highlands from Ireland. That is the genesis of the name "Scotland" and also "Nove Scotia" (just across the pond) or "New Scotia" ...It is the kings from farther East who rule this whole land (and the whole Earth) now, through the power of the Dutch/Germanic royal houses (read: pagan rome)

Newgrange is ancient, awesome and it proves that the Irish were around a loooong time before the Windors or Sax-Coburg or whatever name they give themselves tomorrow.

My advice to Irish peoples is to reject the religiosity which has soaked into your brains, and to not fall for those in your country who would foment revolution. Probably they have their own hidden agenda.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i did a tour of the province in the late 90s,unusually for a squaddie,i liked the place and the people and have been back many times.terrorists are terrorists,whether muslim,catholic or protestant and should all be slotted without a second thought,and in ireland quite often were.good. i hate the plastic paddy americans on here,who have this romantic idea of a glorious fight for irish freedom,its bollocks.you have no clue what you are talking about,they are all just gangsters and drug dealers now, its got nothing to do with you so keep your noses out of it.and before all you plastic yank paddies start slagging me off as a bastard brit squaddie,my granddad is from county mayo,which makes me more irish than any of you whose great great great great etc,grandad came off some potato boat in 18whatever,your all american,not irish,get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join