It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Tomb Found in Mexico Reveals Mass Child Sacrifice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The skeletons of two dozen children killed in an ancient mass sacrifice have been found in a tomb at a construction site in Mexico
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That, I must say, is sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by idealisticrealist
The skeletons of two dozen children killed in an ancient mass sacrifice have been found in a tomb at a construction site in Mexico

How about a disease that killed their children?

Or, a mass graveyard for kids only.

???

"To try and explain why there are 24 bodies grouped in the same place, well, the only way is to think that there was a human sacrifice," Gamboa told the Reuters news agency.

Not a very smart human.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1

Originally posted by idealisticrealist

How about a disease that killed their children?

Or, a mass graveyard for kids only.

Those are good questions... the key there is that the children were killed and possibly decapitated after death (I don't have any original papers/articles on this.)

Other archaeologists have suggested that this might be a hasty conclusion. I saw one report saying that the children were brought in from another area (Aztecs had a bad habit of bringing in people from other tribes (pretending that these people were to be married to an important Aztec) and sacrificing them. Another report said the children swere in poor health.

So there's more to the story than was reported... and you asked the same questions that some of us are asking.

top topics

join