It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of medication do I need?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm sure that I need some sort of medication. I seen all of the latest prescription drug commercials and I haven't really seen any that really appeal to me yet.

They keep comming out with new diseases and conditions, with the associated advertised cure, every day. I'm still hoping to see my condition and cure soon. I really want to ask my doctor about the pills once I successfully diagnose myself.

I would prefer to take a smaller pill less frequently, lets say once a week.

Any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Seeng as you explained nothing but the fact you want some drugs, may I suggest rehab?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
Seeng as you explained nothing but the fact you want some drugs, may I suggest rehab?

Well I don't really think that it's a case of wanting pills. I think I might need pills. I'm sure I need to take something. I just haven't firgured out what yet.

I'd rather not actually ever cure my condition, but just reduce the effects. So I would be willing to take the pills for the rest of my life. I do think that once a week would be better than every day though.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Why do you believe you need pills? What are your symptoms? It's hard to suggest a pill if you do not know what for...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Why do you believe you need pills?

Doesn't everybody?

What are your symptoms? It's hard to suggest a pill if you do not know what for...

My symptoms?

I dunno, I never gave it much thought. I'm sure I've got something though.

Is it possible to design a drug around whatever symptoms that I might have?

Is it important to know why you might need a pill?

I was thinking more of shape, size and color of the prescribed drug as being the most important feature. You know, 'It's small, square, red and you only have to take it once per week.' - The observable features and benifits of the prescribed drug, before whatever it does.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Why do you believe you need pills?

Doesn't everybody?

What are your symptoms? It's hard to suggest a pill if you do not know what for...

My symptoms?

I dunno, I never gave it much thought. I'm sure I've got something though.

Is it possible to design a drug around whatever symptoms that I might have?

Is it important to know why you might need a pill?

I was thinking more of shape, size and color of the prescribed drug as being the most important feature. You know, 'It's small, square, red and you only have to take it once per week.' - The observable features and benifits of the prescribed drug, before whatever it does.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]

What pou probably need are placebos...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Placebos?

Well any fool can go down to thier local store and buy a pack of tic tacs.
No what I need has to be advertised on tv before I can ask my doctor to prescribe it to me.

You know I do have a few symptoms: I'm cynical, dis-illusioned and I believe that the world may be getting to heavy.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
LOL he's being facetious....

Just wait, there will be a pill for that soon...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Placebos?

Well any fool can go down to thier local store and buy a pack of tic tacs.
No what I need has to be advertised on tv before I can ask my doctor to prescribe it to me.

You know I do have a few symptoms: I'm cynical, dis-illusioned and I believe that the world may be getting to heavy.
What you suffer from is stress. I suggest a beer?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
LOL he's being facetious....

Just wait, there will be a pill for that soon...

That's the mental condition I think you have been struck with as well heh.

If you're being serious then you need to say what your condition is, and describe your current symptoms. Then maybe we can relate experiences and give suggestions.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I suggest you tell your doctor about how you feel, and he/she will tell you everyone at one time or another feels the same way. Nevertheless, your doctor will try a drug on you for a couple of weeks. If there is no improvement, they will switch you to another until you feel better.

There is not one drug cureall that works equally for everyone. So what works for me (prozac) may not work for you. Also the side effects they tell you about on tv are the worse case scenarios...including death
which isnt going to happen. They have to, by law, throw all the doom and gloom in their disclaimer. The truth is, a simple Tylenol could kill you.

So, stop tv commercial shopping and go see a good doctor. Once they find the right medication for you, you will feel brand new.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
LOL, good one...

Oh...you're not really being serious, are ya? If so, I apologize.

Maybe you have hypertrichosis? Cotard's syndrome? Porphyria?
Good luck finding an appropriate disease!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think he is probablty referring to someone in one of his threads, suggesting he needs medication.
Don't know for sure, but I've seen some of his posts.

It could just be depression. Maybe what you need is not some miracle drug, but maybe just a little counselling.

No offense intended by anything in this post.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm sure that I need some sort of medication. I seen all of the latest prescription drug commercials and I haven't really seen any that really appeal to me yet.

They keep comming out with new diseases and conditions, with the associated advertised cure, every day. I'm still hoping to see my condition and cure soon. I really want to ask my doctor about the pills once I successfully diagnose myself.

Any suggestions?

I think I might need some too - the power of info-mercials has made me realise that I'm in the minority - please doc, give me a pill off the TV

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There's only one logical way to approach this, but it will require some work on your part. You need to start really paying close attention to all the prescription med commercials. Not really focusing on the verbal content. Just zen out and let the information wash over you. Concentrate on the background music.

Now right after the commercial ends, compose a haiku. Your subconcious will provide you with whatever you need to accomplish this. Just let the thoughts come, while remembering the background music you heard in the commercial. Title the haiku with the name of the med.

After you've done this a dozen or so times, spread the poems out on the floor. No overlap. Now bring your dog into the room. First haiku he piddles on, call your doc and order the corresponding Rx.

That'll be $20. You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
As a doctor, I can't resist this one...

Many people prefer the "purple pill." They like to eat a lot of fattening food late at night, then they complain that they have a belly ache. Do you have a belly ache from that double large pizza you washed down with a gallon of Haagen Dasz last night?

Some prefer the pill that makes the butterfly fly over and perch on your pillow as you sleep soundly. These people tend to do a lot of speed or crack and have an erratic sleep/wake pattern. They may also be found on ATS at all hours of the night or making long distance phone calls to no one in particular at 4-5am. Do you like crack? Is your phone bill too high?

Some people like the pill that enables you to throw a football through a tire swing from about 50 feet away. They tend to have a limp dick. Do you like football?

Or perhaps you liked the movie Matrix. You can choose the red pill or the blue pill. Which is your preferred color?

I hope this helps,

$150.00

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
As a doctor, I can't resist this one...

Many people prefer the "purple pill." They like to eat a lot of fattening food late at night, then they complain that they have a belly ache. Do you have a belly ache from that double large pizza you washed down with a gallon of Haagen Dasz last night?

Some prefer the pill that makes the butterfly fly over and perch on your pillow as you sleep soundly. These people tend to do a lot of speed or crack and have an erratic sleep/wake pattern. They may also be found on ATS at all hours of the night or making long distance phone calls to no one in particular at 4-5am. Do you like crack? Is your phone bill too high?

Some people like the pill that enables you to throw a football through a tire swing from about 50 feet away. They tend to have a limp dick. Do you like football?

Or perhaps you liked the movie Matrix. You can choose the red pill or the blue pill. Which is your preferred color?

I hope this helps,

$150.00
Just to let you know, I found that very amusing!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'll sell u some pills for your problems. Ive not made an advert for them, but I sure will if ya want to buy them from me, my fellow troubled friend.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In nothing we trust

Don't worry you are not alone in your struggle for not becoming the drug manufacturing industry guinea pig.

As I sat in front of my TV I also wonder if I do not need a pill or like you said "A medication but what kind of medication"

We are inundate with symptoms so many of them that we are to have anything, at least one of them right?

That is how the advertisement goes, they want you to diagnose yourself, then they want you to go into your doctors office and demand the pill you saw with your symptoms of TV to cure your self diagnosed illness.

Is a big business out there that will make you a milk cow for the rest of your life because a cure is not profitable.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to "set aside time once a week to take your medicine?"

Dude, I feel sorry for you. 3, 4 seconds a week? How do you deal with it?

Wait around a few tics, they'll get around to making a pill for what ever ails you soon.

I want to have the job of inventing new ailments to find a drug for.

I bet that's got to be fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join