It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My upload space is screwy!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is this normal for my upload space here at ATS?

filename file size delete
ats44966_pic1.jpg 84502 delete
ats44967_pic2.jpg 14495 delete
ats44969_copped2.jpg 6034 delete
Space remaining -103 k

I have only 3 small images posted, totaling 103k, and the ats space remaining is -103k? How can this be, this would mean that I have 0k upload space to start with, but then how would I have uploaded the images in the 1st place? wtf?

Something wrong with my upload space in the account?

I know I can purchase space in my account but this seems like theres something wrong...? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
All I can tell you, is that the upload space seems to have a few bugs.

I can recommend getting yourself a PhotoBucket or an ImageShack account. Both of those offer free image hosting. I use photobucket myself, and I highly recommend it to anyone who posts images and/or likes to keep a lot of images/avatars handy. I have also heard some good things about imageshack. I had an account there once, but don't remember my pword. (So I just keep on using photobucket)

Or there are many other free image/file hosting services out there. Do a GOOGLE search for those, as I don't have those links handy.

Any of those alternatives would help save your ATS points, if you are on a budget.

[edit on 6/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply mechanic! I have a photobucket account, its great, but i wanted to post a background image for instance, (to my avatar) it only allows ats uploaded images there (i think), and it seems i cant add anything....

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Okay then, I see what the problem is.

I think the count might be screwy because you are over 100kb.

Have you increased your upload space from the default (100kb)?

If not, then I would say that is the problem. That you are over the limit already. It may not have the coding to give accurate values less than zero.

Are the other images important for you to keep in the upload space? Or can you put those on your photobucket account?

You can try deleting those one at a time (in the order of least importance) , to see what happens.

I would bet any money that when you get back under 100kb, that you will see a more accurate count of space left.

Alternatively, just buy more space there. You seem to have enough points to do that.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thx, yea I think i need a u2u a mod, because the images are in a post, and I'd have to change the links to my photobucket account...

I think if I deleted the images completely, that my upload would be 0kb lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Use the complaint function in Member Center for that. This way it goes to a special staff forum for all of the staff to see, and will most likely bring faster results.

As stated in my edited post above, have you tried purchasing more space?

What I think is happening is that you never increased it from the original 100kb. And for whatever reason, the count is not reading correctly since it is less than zero.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I had identical problems last week. I was 19kb in credit and then suddenly became -128kb. I have spent hundred of points just trying to staunch the deficit.

Trouble is you can't go back to old posts and use the edit function to insert a photobucket image instead.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
I had identical problems last week. I was 19kb in credit and then suddenly became -128kb. I have spent hundred of points just trying to staunch the deficit.
]

Seems this is a bigger problem than I first thought. Have you tried using the Complaints/Suggestions in Member Center?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies all! I submitted a complaint form about the issue today, including this thread for reference... There shouldnt be the need to have to purchase your way to get out of the buggy ATS uploads hole that it creates...

I wish ther was an option to just use photobucket or other for the avatar background, thats really all i would need, and then keep the uploads area for anyone that needs it, but really 100k storage is kinda piddly for any kinda image storage lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I actually had the same problems with showing negative, so I just put my photos on photobucket because I wasn't able to upload any files at ATS at all. I deleted my existing ATS files and then I couldn't upload anything, go figure.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Now i understand what also happened to me

i also spent 500 points trying to get back in the positive direction and i also had to delete all my uploads

but it stll seems screwed up as ive now got 28k space left which does seem to be to small

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Seems a bunch have had/are having this isse with ATS uploads. Hopefully a MOD will enter this thread and set us straight! Thx in advance mods or three amigos

*Buggy uploads interface, fixing the broken available amount of upload space?
*Wish we had avatar background file location to be any external file hosting (photobucket etc)

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Been a while now and any news? Anymore people with problems?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i have had a related issue saying i didnt have enough space to download a new image when mechanic and i were workin on my avie but it said i didnt have enough then it wouldnt let me delete my old pictures so i tried buying more space and it wouldnt let me buy them.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just want to chime in and say that I have also experienced issues with the ATS upload space not correctly reporting the amount of space available / used.

I know there are lots of other free image hosting sites out there, but you just can't beat the simplicity of the ATS image hosting service - at least for me anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've had problems with it too.

I tried to upload a small avatar, about 30kb, but it gave me this message:

Adding that file to your list of files would exceed your maximum allowable storage space.
If you would like to add the file, please delete some of your existing files.

Even though I've never uploaded anything before.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yeah it certainly looks 'broken' for many ATS users. I wanted to upload a background image, its the only way to link it is from the ATS upload area...

It seems that some have this error, some don't? Or maybe some don't realize it yet...
Need a mod to take a look at this thread...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I had a problem with it too yesterday, it said I had like negative 130K left too.

I just had to press the buy more for a few minutes to get more, but I don't see why it would have gone negative in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I had a problem with it too yesterday, it said I had like negative 130K left too.

I just had to press the buy more for a few minutes to get more, but I don't see why it would have gone negative in the first place.

Thanks for all the responses! Some peoples buy more buttons don't work I believe as well...I guess "screwy" is the right word for this issue!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Me having probs too!

I can't delete one of my uploads.

I'm in the negative allocation and have purchased more space but this makes no difference.

I just want to clean things up. I only have two things there, one is my avatar and the other is an unused gif.

I've sent messages to staff but no response.

This is getting annoying.

I'm going to get a photobucket account for everything except the necessities.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

[edit on 26/6/2007 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join