It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas the 'Toxic' Train Engine: Millions of Toys Being Recalled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

More than 1 million of the popular "Thomas & Friends" wooden railway toys made in China are being voluntarily recalled because some may contain lead paint, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Wednesday.

About 1.5 million wooden vehicles, buildings and other train-set parts for young children are being recalled, the CPSC said in a statement. The toys were sold in the United States from January 2005 through June 2007, the statement said.

Lead is toxic and can pose a serious health risk to young children who often put objects in their mouths. Children under 6 are most at risk.

SOURCE:
news.Yahoo.com

Emphasis mine.

This is honestly astounding, these toys have been being sold since 2005 and we're only
now finding out they are potentially toxic.

I suggest anyone with young children who haver these toys check to see if they are part
of the millions being recalled.

Seeing that we are seeing so many toxic and dangerous products coming from PRChina,
how long will it be before people learn to not buy things made in PRChina (made in Taiwan is OK),
I mean seriously, what's paying a little more compared to not only preventing dangerous
products from entering the market, but also striking a serious blow to one of the most
dangerous countries on the planet.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Where in the world is the paint plant that still makes lead paint.
Could somebody please just destroy the factory so we dont have to worry about this anymore.
Do we really need lead paint these days? Is it cheaper or something else?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
ain't that a coink-e-dink I feel very arse-ish right now, about 2 minutes prior to the news saying something about this recall I was arguing with my wife about the fact that the only way you would get lead in paint is to use cinnabar as a thinner.... Now I have to apologize for telling her it wouldn't happen today because cinnabar has been since replaced with varsol, or mineral spirits.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Lead in paint, Im sure its still in use, where ever a company can save a buck the cheapest item will always prevail it seems,

just for example, Im a father of 3 youngins, we use pampers diaper brand, now before they worked great did the job, well they just recently revamped their product and now we had to change brands becuz they leak all over the place the moment our kids take a leak.

Also I heard and see many silver paints or metalic paints for items have some sort of lead in them as well, at least my wireless mouse did when I read the package.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok, am I wrong but didn't that contaminated dog food come from China as well? I dk... just that I checked my bag of dog food when that was going down(it was ok), and decided to try a feed store when this bag is gone(I remember going to one to get horse feed once with my aunt and saw dog food there... so hopefully...)

But, if that is true, what is up with all the bad stuff coming out of China? They slowly trying to knock us off or something?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Real good, China. Real good.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well not surprise
people wants cheap products and low prices, so that is what we are getting, cheap labor, cheap products and cheap manufacturing.

How we dare to complain about toxic, poisoning and more? is cheap right?

Don't blame China blame corporate america.

China is only doing what corporate america wants and what the American consumer wants, cheap, cheap and more cheap

[edit on 15-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah, remember guys. If you wanted to buy something cheap, you should have expected it to poison your children. It's your fault, not the schmuck who put toxic chemicals onto it.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
It's your fault, not the schmuck who put toxic chemicals onto it.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Johnmike]

Remember that China industrially now is like US before all the regulations laws and bills that were passed when people started to come out with different illnesses or certain products were found to be harmful to humans.

What do you think corporate America has moved to markets like China, Pakistan and India? because their laws are not strict like ours.

So actually corporate American knows that these countries are not as clean as our nation is when it comes to regulations on everything.

That is one of the reasons we get cheap products because they can be manufactured cheap.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another reason that we get things more cheaply from other countries is the difference in tax and wages.

top topics

join