It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet Christmas! I'm already going grey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
for clarification, not like the aliens. i just thought i'd have to throw that in knowing my audience.

anyway...
today i was looking in the mirror brushing my teeth and whatnot, and i realized that i was getting grey hairs in my beard...
and then i found one in my hair

and i'm only 18

has anyone else gone through an early greying like this?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Some people go grey early, look at Anderson Cooper.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I left 18 behind many years ago, but it's funny you mention your beard.
In all my years I've never grown one because after a few days it starts to itch. Well I started one a few weeks ago and it's coming in with gray, red, and brown.

There's no gray hair on my head yet, but my new beard seems to be marching to a different drummer.

All the other hair on my head and body is totally brown, go figure.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I find the occasional Grey hair every once in awhile, I shave every two days,
so I'm not sure about any in it, but on my head yeah, in fact I think the first time
I found a Grey hair I was 14.

Stress is a big factor in it, I know this one woman, she's a family friend, almost family,
her hair started Greying in her 20's because of stress.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, if you stop arguing with me that graying thing would not be happening.

Respect your elders!

Roper

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i've been going grey since i was about 11

i'm 19 now and if i don't dye it my hair is almost totally grey.....well when i say grey, i have pure white hairs and it mixes with the black to make it look grey.

i don't know why it started or what it means, its just an inconvenience really, lol.

o well at least i'm not going bald yet, theres a few teenagers that i know that are already losing their hair

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey, MIMS, don't feel bad. It's usually genetic, and so there's not a lot you can do about it.

I did read on WebMD that it can start happening in your teens so don't worry, you are not alone.

The article is here:

The ABCs of Premature Graying

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I got my first grey hair when I was 23. I like to say my kids give me the grey hair as it came after I had my first kid. Now I got alot and I dye my hair. I dont feel old so I sure as heck don't wanna look old!

top topics

join