It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A first time experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm ready for this to be brushed off as mere conincidence. But indulge me

Today I was leaving school 15:45. Shortly after we make a turn down a smaller road with nature patches, grass meddows and so on. At the time we pass the first great grass area, which looked a bit dry, I looked at it and instantly thought "hm, I wonder how far and fast a fire would spread in that" comtemplating if you could light it with a lighter or you would have to pour gasoline on it etc. I think the thought lasted 30 secs or so before my friend driving the car interrupted me. The thought didn't return.

45 min. later we are almost at home, some 60 kilometres away from my time with the thought. Then something in the radio caught my attention.
Someone had set fire to a field along the motorway just outside our hometown and the motorway had to be closed because of smoke.
Now guess how long ago the radioguy said it was reported when we heard it... 45 min.

Now this happend with a 60 kilometer distance between my thought and the particular act. So I couldn't have seen or known about it physically
I might also note that grass / field / forrest fires it not something that occur on a regular basis where I come from.

This is an awsome coincidence if that was what that was
But I couldn't help feeling a slight knot in my stomach when I heard that on the radio.

At the time I had the thought I didn't feel in any way in particular, though it was like the thought kinda imposed itself on me.

What do you reckon about this?

[edit on 14/6/07 by flice]

[edit on 14/6/07 by flice]

new topics

join