It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any one got a idea for a New Weapon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have an acquaintance working on high grade psionic systems (tested on lower order primates not homo sapiens) but I'm not certain what side she's on. They sound painful.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Energy weapons, with current technology, aren't feasible. They can't deliver enough damage for it's cost. Projectile weapons will be around for a long time.

However, new types of ammunition are the wave of the future. Ceramics come to mind- lighter than metal, but still just as strong. Means the average grunt cna cary mroe ammo for his weapon.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Unless they solve, lighter submunition=less range

dont expect to see ceramic bullets.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Unless they solve, lighter submunition=less range

dont expect to see ceramic bullets.

Stick a big #ing charge on the end of it

It was just speculation, anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A microwave gun would be good. It could burn humans tissues even behind obstacle or armour of light vehicle. But it will need lot ofenergy

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not really we have all the microwaves we need right around us. All you would really need is a micowave collecter a capacitor to boost the waves and someting to channel the waves and to direct them.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How about a tiny version of the magnetron in a microwave attached to a sort of suit thing that has kevlar plates as a bottom lair, metal foil for the second, rubber for the third and copper plates all over the top of that charged with about 20 kilovolts or so and also for use only when the magnetron is switched off a great big electron gun. You could really screw up some stuff with that.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We have bombs that can wipe out millions within a blink of an eye, render the surroundign environment null and void (ecologically) and people are seriously concerning themselves, with "new"and "better"weaponry?

AMAZING.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Gun with fibre optic sight, so you can see enemy while hiding behind cover and shoot at them at same time. Probably won't be practical though. Shooting from behind cover would mean a bad posture and recoil might make it hard.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There already is a weapon that can look around corners and you can fire it too its the XM-29. Plus it has programmable air burst grenades and a laser targeting sight(laser is invisible to the human eye) and other goodies.

XM-29 OICW

I would personally like laser guns that fire short bursts of laser beams, that can burn through almost anything.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson
12 ga. mini rockets
little mini rockets that will fit inside any 12ga. shotgun, turning the worlds hillbillies into a formatable foe

Originally posted by devilwasp
how about this iv been playing around wi the idea n my head for months but wot would happen if u used a kayack paddle and swapped the blades for realr blades razor sharp then u would have a mega anti infantry weapon

It seems like a lot of these ideas are taking something we already have and making 10x more complicated.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I always thought of the following:

A diesel gun, it would basically be an airgun, cock it once, and when you fire, the air in the gun will go into the bullet which is filled with some diesel fuel or some form of oil and the resulting combustion will propel the round, so in a sense it will be a caseless round.

I don't know if the diesel combustion will be sufficient enough to propel the round to acceptable levels and if it will give significant edge on current chemical projectile weapons.

BTW those pics of the OICW are interesting, I never seen those before. new concept?

[edit on 3/4/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ha... I had never see those before too. Cant post the picture of the solider looking around the corner with the XM-29 but click on this link and you will see it.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I don't know if the diesel combustion will be sufficient enough to propel the round to acceptable levels and if it will give significant edge on current chemical projectile weapons.

Diesel does not explode. It has a very slow burning speed. Usually the strength of explosives is measured in burning speed m/s. I remember Dynachord, exploding "ropes" for building takedown, has a burning speed of 7000m/s. I dont remember the value of diesel from scratch, but I know it was considerably slower. It just doesnt expand fast enough to create sufficient amounts of pressure. (about 3000-3500 bar in gun barrel).

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"The CORNER SHOT is the ultimate solution for dealing with the deadly threats that lurk "around the corner" in a variety of tactical situations encountered by military and law enforcement personnel, anti-terror units and SWAT teams operating in open or built-up areas, inside buildings, rooms and enclosed spaces, and especially in forced entry situations."

www.army-technology.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How about everyone stops making guns for people. Then their will be nothing to kill eachother with if we develop bettter armour.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The best way to experience the OICW is to play Ghost Recon 2. Super realistic combt game, almost to an irritating extent. But the OICW is a very very neat gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I always thought of the following:

A diesel gun, it would basically be an airgun, cock it once, and when you fire, the air in the gun will go into the bullet which is filled with some diesel fuel or some form of oil and the resulting combustion will propel the round, so in a sense it will be a caseless round.

BTW those pics of the OICW are interesting, I never seen those before. new concept?

[edit on 3/4/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

OICW concept was put on haitus if I remember correctly... too expensive

btw it sounds like your trying to describe a "pulse rifle", something millitaries around the world have been trying to develop for years

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rp001

Originally posted by devilwasp
how about this iv been playing around wi the idea n my head for months but wot would happen if u used a kayack paddle and swapped the blades for realr blades razor sharp then u would have a mega anti infantry weapon

I laughed pretty hard for that one.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I suppose the same concept can be done with a laser and some combustible material inside the rounds, perhaps the laser is directed on a magnifying lense.

You could reach very high rates of fire with this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join