It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm sure that many of you know already. But for what it's worth.
I often wonder that the great hooplah surrounding Freemasonry and Skull and Bones is maybe just disinformation that sort of grew it's own legs and took off.
There are other secret societies out there that may be more relevant and sometimes malevolent than the more well known.
I find it interesting that most of those other societies aren't even known about outside their own circles.
For example, I come from a military family and have been career military myself. Has anyone ever heard of The Centurions. This is an organization that has been around since the days of the revolutionary war and is still active and pro-active today. Yet most even in the military have never heard of them. There are others as well.
As long as Freemasonry and Skull and Bones serve to slake the appetites of the curious, then the Centurions and others can operate without any curiosity seekers being aware of them.
Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I did a quick search for info on The Centurians and came up with little. The name rings a bell, though, and I hope you add more about them. I'm interested.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe they are the 'ultimate' secret society: The Centurions are ACTUALLY SECRET.

Either way sounds interesting, and is a departure from the usual anti-Freemasonry stuff posted here.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Centurions is an organization of U.S. military members and Former members whose by-laws ans "dogma" if you will are based on a literal interpretation of the oath taken at the time of enlistment.
That they are not well known is not a surprising thing, in that, military people actually do know how to keep a secret.
They are not a nefarious group bent on world or national domination. Just a group who believes that the oath they took should be taken seriously and means what it says about the degree and the priority of loyalty due to that oath

new topics

top topics

join