It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awful Flicks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's a thread going already for bad foreign films, what about domestic films you loathe? (Americans list American films, Aussies list Aussie films and American films, etc. -- our movies go everywhere. And sometimes it's not necessarily a good thing).

One other "rule" -- it's fine with me to debate whether a film is truly awful or not if someone's post stating it was awful ruffled feathers. Sort of a movie rant-off.

I'll start off with one, then I have to go. If you care to explain why you hated the movie, rant away.

Meet Joe Black

I WANTED to like this movie. I thought the premise was wonderful. At that time in my life I thought I could look at pretty Brad all day long. But then the movie kept going. Longer and longer, more and more insipid. At long last, I actually fell asleep in the theater, something I very rarely do. Ugh.

SR

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I somehow got into 'Meet Joe Black' but i do agree it takes some willpower to not get bored by the way they drag the story out.

The worst movies i can recall seeing in recent years have been:

Terminator 3
Aliens Vs Predator
The Cave

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've seen ALOT of bad movies in my movie watching

But one of the recent REALLY bad ones was Ocean's Twelve

The original was great, and the remake of that was great, but 12 was bad. Really bad.

I shutter to think what Ocean's Thirteen will be like. :shk:

SR

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I've seen ALOT of bad movies in my movie watching

But one of the recent REALLY bad ones was Ocean's Twelve

The original was great, and the remake of that was great, but 12 was bad. Really bad.

I shutter to think what Ocean's Thirteen will be like. :shk:

I think the same bout them they should never have done sequels but also it's a sorry state of affairs when after watching Ocean's Thirteen you actually realise Ocean's Twelve is 'good' lol. :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I thought Borat was awful. Some parts of it were kind of funny, but definitely not worth all the hype.

The remake of Planet of the Apes was pretty stupid too.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Jaws 3 is right up there. Or should I say down there?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hmmm, let's see, crappy British movies for me then.

Let's see, anything with Hugh Grant in, this guy is making all British guys look like bumbling fools with bad teeth and, and......sentiment.

But if I had to pick one out of the long, long list, then About A Boy takes the top spot.

There are many reasons why it's so bad, first and foremost, Hugh Grant, secondly, the annoying kid who makes me want to claw my eyes out and thirdly, well, I don't have a third, it's just plain bad.

The only thing that makes it a little bit better is Rachel Weisz, but then only a wee bit.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Zanzibar, Hugh Grunt is one of my most-loathed actors too. It's like he was genetically designed just to irritate.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"The Stupids" with Tom Arnold starring (need I say more) has to be about the worst movie ever made in history... I was in the mall, and bored, when I decided to see this with some friends...as it was advertised as a spy flick..(and Tom was decent in True Lies) It was NOTHING of the sort, and the few others in the theater actually walked out of it after like 20 minutes! We stayed mostly as an endurance test.... My god, that was still the worst film I've ever seen... Howard the Duck was an Oscar contender compared to that crap...

I'm betting if you rent it, you won't last more than 20 minutes before you turn it off and ponder how you can get back those minutes...
\

EDIT: And Hugh Grant is an embicile...I mean dude...you cheat on Elizabeth Hurley? You're getting it from Liz and you trash that for some skank? Talk about dumb....:shk:

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This has got to be the worst movie of all time... Really, if you don't want to blow about thirty dollars, I suggest you run away from this movie quickly.

Street Trash

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR

Terminator 3
Aliens Vs Predator
The Cave

The "Cave" was a big disappointment to me.. Being a horror film buff, I have had several disappointments of late. I thought the remake of the Hills Have Eyes was atrocious. And, to be quite frank, I wasn't all that impressed with Silent Hill either.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"The Stupids" with Tom Arnold starring (need I say more) has to be about the worst movie ever made in history...

You got owned by Tom Arnold.
Thanks for the warning, but I wouldn't voluntarily watch a movie with him in it even if Siskel & Ebert gave it 2 thumbs up. Probably especially if they gave it two thumbs up.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
...Hard Luck 2006...

...for some reason, Wesley Snipes has become a Grade "B"

action star... Still, this film is really bad. Maybe I could have taken it,

if not for Cybill Sheperd (boy has she aged...!) and her on

screen lover as a serial killer couple...

...Maybe you'll catch it late night on HBO...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Actually, Tom is perfect second bit, comedic sidekick player material (True Lies, 9 Months, etc.), but as a lead...it should serve as a giant flashing warning light to stay away,
He simply can't carry a film. While this is obvious now....this wasn't the case back when this turkey came out, as I believe it was his first starring role...so nobody knew what to expect....

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Jaws 3 is right up there. Or should I say down there?

Jaws 3 was excellent compared to Jaws IV

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
That Village People Movie
Xanadu
Staying Alive (Saturday Night Fever 2)
Friends With Money (my friend produced this celluloid toilet paper)
to name a few.

top topics

join