It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The XM3 Sniper Rifle.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The XM3 is not over priced. The Night Optic that is included in the price costs more than the gun-so do your homework and learn how to read. The UNS optic costs $9,000. And the suppressor costs $1,500. So get your fact straight. The weapon is so valuable all of them are still in country-passed from one unit to another. The USMC never had a shoot at night capability until DARPA stepped up. And if you think its expensive-you are really out of touch. How much does it cost to drop a bomb on a building you are taking fire from at night-Oh-about 2 million dollars-with F-18 aircraft time, munitions cost etc. Now we can just shoot the SOB in silence, at night with no flash, and the rest of the neighbor hood can sleep in peace because we didnt wake them up with a blast. We are winning hearts and minds morons and that cost money, cause technology aint free. The guys stopped counting kills with the XM3-because tha Marines actually get tired of doing it-counting that is-Marines with M-16 stop counting at over 300 kills-I know cause I have been there and seen it-Carlos Hathcocks records were shattered in the first days of the war-and the XM3 is making unbelievable records-and no one counts any more because the target environment is so rich-fish in a barrel, and who cares-targets are targets... That gun has killed more terrorists than all the kids playing video game shoot um ups- wake up dirtbags-its a real war and we need the best gear-if you can do better-then build it and send it-units will buy it.because we need it- FOAD to all you computer sit in the dark closet rambo hacks-clueless.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaboy

I believe the Marines should get this rifle. The bulk of the price is in the optics for some absolutely stunning precision and reliability. Marines snipers, they pride themselves in that marksmanship. I think they deserve it. But only enough to train at a few bases.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaboy

Except your own link calls whatever this abortion is a DARPA project.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Wtf what?

But only enough to train at a few bases?

You do understand that the purpose of the marines is to go to war and kill people right?

They're not a shooting club.

The Marines have better rifles now.

... And... Oh never mind, it just doesn't even matter at this point.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join