It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Boss in Outright Lies!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Today I will be forced to either quit my job, or some how get terminated. It's a crappy job that doesn't pay well at all... but what hurts the most is saying goodbye to all my friends.

It used to be a fun job, before The Syko came into management. He has sucked all the fun out of the place. He has very carefully and precisely managed to fire/bully into quitting almost every single employee that worked at this place prior to him.

I had a union meeting the other day. The Syko lied straight to my face and straight to the union rep. (whom doesn't really seem to be on my side at all)

I've been handed a write up sheet.... another outright lie. I am certain I can sue for libel if I can get my hands on the secuirty tape. Can I request that tape? I want to contact a lawyer... but how would I prove my case, I wonder? Can I? Is it worth it?

I know I am right. I know I am telling the truth. What can one person do against a whole corporation? Is it even worth it?

Any lawers out there that want to hear me out?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Call your local Bar Association for referrals. I'm sure you could get an attorney to take your case on a contingency basis, but be prepared for a likely protracted fight.

Is it worth it? Might be. And you won't know until you check it out. An attorney ought to give you an initial consultation for free to see if it's worth pursuing.

You might have a possible collusion situation with management AND the union. Keep your head down if it goes there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well a good lot of the evidence I have is on tape. I've had 3 major meetings with this guy and I secretly recorded them. I'm not even sure if that's 100% legal to do. If it is not legal... then I'd have no proof of anything. This guy can produce any document he wants, say anythings he wants and both the Union and the company will back him.

The Union is not really for the employee. I believe the union really works for the company. Do you think they care if people quit? For every new employee hired there's another 'Union initiation fee' to be paid.

I'm thinking about just sending a very, well written, honest letter to human resources about how I feel. It's certainly not about the stuipid money. It's a partime job! It's about this guy being able to get away this crap.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm NOT a lawyer. However, I do know in some states it's legal to record your own conversations even if the other party isn't aware they're being recorded. It's legal, and admissable in court. So it depends.

If you really want to lay the smackdown on them for screwing you, call a lawyer. They won't get away with anything. Even answering a complaint is fairly punitive.

If you want to just feel better about it, send the letter to human resources. It's up to you. How badly were you already, and likely to be, harmed, and what's it worth in hassle to make it right?

Personally, I'm a very vindictive SOB and I'll get my pound of flesh one way or the other. And I'm definitely not advocating that as the way to be.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here is a site with the secret recording laws laid out by state:

www.rtnda.org...

I hope it helps. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That's exactly what I want.... "my pound of flesh". This man has worked for the store for about a year and has mangaged to destroy it. He is personally out to get everyone he himself didn't hire. He has almost succeded. I am one of the last ones left and I refuse to go without a fight. I am the only one brave enough to take a stand even though everyone agrees with me.

I have been demoted to the lowest position in the store for writing a note. We do not agree on the contents of the note. He says I wrote "this", but I am the one who wrote it and I know I wrote "that". Where is note? It's "lost". Where is the second copy I handed in to try and protect myself? It's "lost". Both were given in on the same day within minutes.

The other reason I have been demoted is because of that libelous write-up sheet. My jaw just freakin' dropped when I was given this. It is a complete and utter lie. I am being blamed for "destroyed" merchandise that ANOTHER employee put in the wrong place!!! That's why I want the damned security tape! That will prove that The Syko is lying.

It's been 8 months of continuous harassment. I never manage to do "enough work" according to him. I am confident I am the best worker in the store for that department.

The only truth The Syko managed to blurt out of his fat mouth is the fact that I am often late for work.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Shane Void]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
what he is doing is pushing poeple out of the job, it is against the lay, i am 17 and im takin law class in school, i might not live in the states but i do know that you have a solid case, i would take them to court, you have about a 80% chance of winning

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I also wanted to add that I have been threatened with "If push comes to shove, you will be required to work the hours you originally put on your application."
I wrote that application 5 years ago while still in highschool. How that should determine my availability now, is beyond me. Well, I decided to play hardball and I called The Syko and said, "Fine, get me a copy of that and we will go by that." He told me it would take two weeks. I managed to get the Headquarters phone number later that day and obtain that apllication in five minutes. (what a blast from the past!)

It happens to work in my favor. I've been trying to get them to alternate between working late on weekends and working earlier. Reasonable, right? They claim I am a "night worker" and I can only work at "night". Well on my original application the hours stated were: No fridays, 9-5 saturday through Sunday. HAHAHA!

He is trying to humiliate me. This why he demoted me to this low position. (My pay was not cut.... but going from working in the department I worked previously to this is a demotion if I ever saw one. I'd probably have a hard time arguing that this is a true demotion, but I do feel that way.)
Out of the entire store I am the one most qualified to work in that department.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As someone currently going through hell and back with her boss, maybe I can offer you something.

Keep your cool. Jerks get pleasure when they get any sort of rise of of people, so when he starts being huffy and you feel the need to be just as huffy back, take a few breaths and remember that he's the one looking like a fool, and you aren't!

Does he have a boss or somebody higher up than him? Write a letter of complaint and request a meeting with them. Gather all viable information to be presented and perhaps a few word of mouth testimonies on your behalf. Keep a detailed journal of the unfair of just plain rude things your boss does and says to you with the date and time. The recordings were a smart move on your behalf!

If worse comes to worst, you could take this man to court and present your case there, but remember that many companies have lawyers and very good defenses to ensure they do not get sued and lose out monetary wise. Yet again, the mere threat of action might make him smarter up.

Stress on the job is a crappy thing to have to deal with, and I hope the ball gets in your court over everything soon. best of luck!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I deal with Lawyers and lawsuits a lot.

YES!!! If you go forward and file a suite against the company, your now ex boss, and maybe even the union. Even if the case gets sent to arbitration, your Lawer will subpoena all of them. either at work or at their house, but they can't escape the subpoena. from there the subpoena will outline specifically that they have to hand over the video tape. It's called Discovery and I think Duces Tectum. They have to hand over a copy of the video tape to your legal team. It's illegal to not share evidence. Also, they may claim that they don't have a video tape. If you know that they do, well again they're screwed because it'll get found very fast. judges don't like schmucks that lie to the courts.

Also, get a list of recently fired employee's I'm sure they would love to testify against him to help establish your case and develop leverage. Just know that your lawyer may subpoena your former coworkers which can be embarassing for them even if it's not directly related to anything embarrasing that they've done. neighbors notice. you got subpoenad!?!

Anyways. generally when your lawyer threatens to file suite the company will attempt to
Pay you off and settle. you can take it but then there will be no punative damages to your ex boss or the company. which basically is an extra fine added to the damages award to punish them for the crime just cause, to hopefully compel them to not do the same crime again, punative awards are ment to hurt the other guy getting sued financially it's supposed to be a punishment.

You could also get him for sedition ie. subversive acts inteended to harm another employee. he lied on tape so there is slander sedition, he put those lies on paper, libel sedition, he covertly tried to get most of the employee's fired, using tactics from slander, libel and bullying.

Also, may want to get the EDD involved too. But sedition is usually looked at as a pretty scummy thing to do, so nail em to the wall if you can afford to hire a lawyer or if you already have a pre-paid legal service.

Another strategy the company will use if they choose to fight is to have their lawyers send fluff letters back n forth between your lawyer and theirs attempting to intimidate you with BS legal jargon, your lawyer should be laughing at them every time they try this if they are any good. Also he should be sending letters to the Bar in whatever state you're in filing complaints for certain bar violations for writing BS in threatening letters. The other side will do this to scare you away or to stretch out the time before the hearing or arbitration trying to drain you of money so that you can't pay your legal fees in the meantime and will be forced to drop the case. F 'em sue their asses back into chapter 11 or where ever the douche bag company came from before.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
BASSPLYR,

Thank you sooooooooo much for your advice!!!

which basically is an extra fine added to the damages award to punish them for the crime just cause, to hopefully compel them to not do the same crime again, punative awards are ment to hurt the other guy getting sued financially it's supposed to be a punishment.

I'm not really after money. My main cause is to stop The Syko from doing this to people! (like you stated)
I don't care if I'm allowed to go back to work for this company or not. Like I said it is only a part-time job. I'm not making a truckload of money by working there. I'm recieiving little to no benefits. I'm not out for any type of promotion. I think all of this would help my case too.

There is another former employee trying to see if he has a case against the company. He's been talking to lawyers. I haven't seen him in a while, but hopefully I can get a chance to speak with him.

I went to the store today to try to gather more information and evidence. I think I got some pretty good stuff.

I really don't think I can afford a good lawyer, however. I know some people, who know some people, etc. I'll do some resaerch and see what I can come up with. Maybe my friend who is trying to sue can hook me up with a good contact.

I don't know if there is any truth to this..... but someone told me this guy has many lawsuits against him.

If I can establish a good, good case.... I know people would jump at the chance to testify against him.

I honestly still can't believe the bold-faced lies this guy has told!!!!!! I knew he was a snake.... but.... I never expected this.

new topics

top topics

join